Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ramp_with_lid_installed_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

First time poster here. Never bought a pin before, and I'm considering a Royal Rumble that just popped up locally for $2000 for my first. Condition unknown until I go see it, but so far the pics look ok as far as I can tell. The listing description only says, "100% working. Lights and rubbers replaced."

From what I've been reading, it seems like 2 grand might be a bit high, but I can't seem to find any price estimates more recent than 2 years ago.

1. Is 2000 within a good price range? I'm in Utah if that matters.
2. I've been reading that it's almost expected to find wear on the pf near the scoops with this pin. Any other things specific to this pin I should look out for when I go see it?

Thanks for reading.

#2 8 years ago

Hmm, duplicate post.

#3 8 years ago

First welcome to the forums. If you like the wrestling theme (like me) it's an awesome pin. Even if you're not a huge wrestling fan it's still a very fun pin. $2000 sounds like a fair price if there isn't any major issues. If it has the Topper then that price is even better. Also Cliffy makes protectors that hide and protect the scoops so that shouldn't be a deal breaker. See if you can get some pics and post them.

#4 8 years ago

What area of the country are you in?

Cliffy doesn't make protectors for WWF... and, yes, you should find wear around the scoops. Also, check the condition of the right ramp (start to finish) because those are often beaten up.

I sold a full-tear down shopped WWFRR, LEDed, flipper rebuild with Alt translite...last january/february for $1750. I believe that same game is being floated around for $2500 right now. But, at the end of the day, I think you can find one in the $1500 to $1900 range. Don't over pay, because you'll be losing money...they are out there sub-$2K

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What area of the country are you in?
Cliffy doesn't make protectors for WWF... and, yes, you should find wear around the scoops. Also, check the condition of the right ramp (start to finish) because those are often beaten up.
I sold a full-tear down shopped WWFRR, LEDed, flipper rebuild with Alt translite...last january/february for $1750. I believe that same game is being floated around for $2500 right now. But, at the end of the day, I think you can find one in the $1500 to $1900 range. Don't over pay, because you'll be losing money...they are out there sub-$2K

You sure he doesn't make them. Link post #75 >>> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forget-the-theme-thoughts-on-wwf-royal-rumble/page/2

#6 8 years ago

2k is fair for average condition. A year ago you'd expect HUO for that price

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

2k is fair for average condition. A year ago you'd expect HUO for that price

Correct.

Royal Rumble has had a resurgence in popularity for several reasons.
A. Pretty fun playing title, with a lot of shots.
B. Stern WWE was such a universal flop, that fans of the theme realized the DE game was better than most remembered it being.
C. Price was, and kind of still is, reasonable.

WWFRR suffers from the same monotony many center ramp featured pins do, but is still fun and worth having at the going price.

#9 8 years ago

Check the center ramp. No replacements available currently and many are cracked. Very fun game with a lot to do. Great upper playfield.

#10 8 years ago

Cliffy does indeed sell the RR protectors. Just shoot him a PM. There is a member here who is currently remaking the center ramp so you'll be able to purchase a replacement if yours is banged up. 2k seems to be the sweet spot for this game. It looks great w/ LEDs and is a really fun game. Make sure the upper playfield flippers are strong and check the left plastic ramp where the two screws connect it in the center to see the condition of the ramp (usually cracked at that point). Great underrated game and mine has been very reliable for the 4 years I've owned it.

Here's a video of the Cliffy's

#11 8 years ago

Just bought my Cliffy's for RR about a month ago. Pretty sure anything Cliffy has made once he'll make again if you email him.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
They're at the bottom of this page

#12 8 years ago

I am not sure what all these guys are smoking. 1500 is where wwfrr sits for price. I sold one with full led and rebuilt flips for 1350 two years ago. That guys sold it for 1450 last year.

That was one of the nicer examples and MAYBE 1600 in value now.

It is an ok game but not 2k good. So many better games at that price.

#13 8 years ago

Find me a 15-1700 wwfrr and I'll buy it

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Heck no. You think itis worth2k,so that is the price i will sell it to u for

#15 8 years ago

The last 3 WWFRR's I've looked into in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic were all in the $2200-$2900 range for very good condition, but given that price point I unfortunately own zero of those. $2K is a reasonable price for something that sounds shopped, especially if it "just popped up" and you can pounce on it and the seller is willing to wiggle a bit because you got there quick with cash in hand. $1800 in very good condition is probably as good as it gets right now. Check for damage to the Banzai ramp and see if it has the Alt. Translite included. I believe both of these items are detailed (and available) through the WWFRR thread on Pinside.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

B. Stern WWE was such a universal flop, that fans of the theme realized the DE game was better than most remembered it being.

Agreed 100%. I wish I got into a WWFRR (and pins in general) way before the prices started to go up. An average condition RR was in the teens 1-2 years ago. WWE brought WWFRR back to light.

#16 8 years ago

SOAB, my first duplicate post on Pinside. Thought I was immune

#17 8 years ago

Got ramps?

Ramp_with_lid_installed_(resized).JPGRamp_with_lid_installed_(resized).JPG

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I sold one for $1750 w/ alt trans earlier last year.

#19 8 years ago

I picked mine up for $1500 about 2 years ago fully working, but it needed a lot of cleaning, maintenance and replacement parts. I put a lot of money into really cleaning it up nice, but I tend to do that with all my pins.

The stuff that isn't as easy to fix or replace on this pin is obviously the playfield -- check the center of the playfield for any warping from overheated inserts. There are a bunch of flashers directly below artwork that covers plastic inserts and these can heat up and bubble up through the surface.

There's also a couple diverters which redirect the ball from the plastic ramp down the center, or into the mini playfield - which also has it's own diverter to send the ball down the right side. These are integral to playing the game properly since many modes take place in the upper playfield, and several combo shots are based on the ball properly being diverted to the right place at the right time. These are all pretty easy to fix, thankfully.

The big plastic ramp is now available (and stronger than ever) from Freeplay40, but just about every other plastic will be difficult to find. It's pretty rare to see them broken though, so that's a plus. There are probably a bunch of used original translites available second-hand since just about everyone has added the nice repro prototype translites from RD Reynolds. The Cliffy protectors are available (as posted above) but you have to message Cliffy directly.

Lots of fun mods available for this game too, so if you love the theme you can really make this game shine. The PinSound board is not cheap, but is an awesome upgrade to replace the music with real theme music. And people are now making LCD playfield screens with Raspberry Pi that fit the theme perfectly as a mini "TitanTron" for showing classic entrance videos, etc...

For the price, even at $2k, this game gives you a lot of bang for the buck - even more-so if you're a fan of late '80s/early '90s WWF.

#20 8 years ago

id say 2 is ok but it should be a few hundred less

#21 8 years ago

Sorry for the late response. Thank you for all the replies. I'm actually a little surprised by the number of responses. This has been a very helpful and welcoming community. I still haven't been able to arrange a viewing. Once I can and if I have any more concerns I will try to post some pics as someone suggested.

#22 8 years ago

He still makes them, just have to email him.

2k is a great price, I bought mine fully restored from TNT for $3700 w/topper; it's an awesome pin if you are a big wrestling fan. It's my favorite pin out of the 3 that I own. Someone is making repros of the banzai ramp too, check the WWFRR Thread for that.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Correct.
Royal Rumble has had a resurgence in popularity for several reasons.
A. Pretty fun playing title, with a lot of shots.
C. Price was, and kind of still is, reasonable.
WWFRR suffers from the same monotony many center ramp featured pins do, but is still fun and worth having at the going price.

I don't understand this thinking, the center ramp has little to do with the scoring on this; all it does is light the mode start scoops.

The real scoring comes from modes and jackpot on multiball.

#24 8 years ago

sold mine a about a year and a half ago for $1300. It was LED. the ramp was repaired though. didnt look the best if you got close up back there but it worked well.

Jason

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

id say 2 is ok but it should be a few hundred less

Agree... the game should float between $1,500 and $2,000. Under that it is either in bad shape or you got a great deal... over that and it is either in awesome shape or costs too much.

#26 8 years ago

Just because people are asking over $2K doesn't mean you'll pay $2K...!

#27 8 years ago

here is one in so cal...not mine...1800
prices are usually high around here, this seems reasonable
losangeles.craigslist.org link
under 2k for a decent dmd game out here is hard to come by
this is what we usually see, LW3 for 2k

sandiego.craigslist.org link

or southpark for 3k

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-wwf-royal-rumble-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.