Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BJM-Maxx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Looking for some advice on this. I've been talking with a local guy about some of his pins and one he's looking to sell is a Xenon.

There are some lights out on the machine but everything else is mechanically great. No broken plastics, acid damage, or anything like that.

The main issue is that the playfield is very worn and has had some horrible touch ups. This would mean either a CPR or an overlay.
Additionally I haven't gotten a great look at the cabinet condition but let's just assume it's in OK shape, not mint but serviceable.

What're your thoughts on a reasonable price?

#3 7 years ago

I like the specificity, gives it an air of authority

Thanks

#4 7 years ago

If you're looking to put a CPR in there; you're married to it!
$500 tops. The game is only worth $1000 in Very good condition.
There are tons of these, If you don't want to put in a playfield; pass on this and keep looking.

#5 7 years ago

I wouldn't go over $500 for a working beater.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep looking. The guy quoted me $1100 a couple months ago and I was going to go back with some more info and try to talk him down. I don't think I'll be able to get him down far enough.

#7 7 years ago

I sold a Xenon in June for $800. Fully working but significant lower playfield wear (I'd put on a waterslide decal over the poor touch-up work there). Rest of the playfield was fine (standard wear; I'd replaced the broken plastics). Cab was decent but visible wear. All in all player's grade (backglass was almost perfect I suppose but otherwise nothing really to write home about). Had some interest at $850 but no one committed until I dropped to $800.

Anyway, hope that helps!

EDIT: I should note I probably started around $1100 or $1200 originally, so you might be able to get him down. The Pinside average sale price of $1400 meant I had little context as to what they move at in the condition I had. So I just kept dropping it more and more until the market responded. So, he might go lower if he was like me and really had no clue what it is worth (I assume Pinside's number is inflated due to restored examples).

#8 7 years ago

It's a very popular title. While "we" wouldn't pay over $500 for it many would.

#9 7 years ago

Pricing seems to be very location specific. I am in Eastern Ontario, so Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal are the main markets. Xenon in poor condition sells for $1500 CAD. I actually bought two at that price and made a good one and a bad one from them then resold the bad one for $1500 again. I marvel at some the low prices I see in the US.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-working-xenon-with-very-worn-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.