Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Warbound
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Trying to get an idea what the current market price is for a players condition Wipe Out. Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

$1800

#4 8 years ago

Wow. Big difference in the two prices so far.

#5 8 years ago

The question you gotta ask yourself is do you see Gottlieb DMDs on average sell closer to $1000 or $1800? That shall give you your answer.

#6 8 years ago

Title I've been chasing for 3 years. $1000-$1800 is actually pretty accurate. Lately they have been creeping up between $1500-$1700+ if really nice. Now somebody sell me one!

#7 8 years ago

With only "player condition" description given... Definitely say $1000 max... Missed out on one on eBay in Chicago like 6 months ago and went for under 1k

#8 8 years ago

Mine is c.q. huo. LED(non ghost). Game is mint! I would take 2k for a pinsider. Others, add 100 to 200 more.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Wow. Big difference in the two prices so far.

One is based on CAN dollar and the other based on USD, so they are pretty close.

i agree that 1k tops for players condition. 1300 for very nice.
1500 for near perfect and that is only if you really love the game. there are many better GTB DMDs for that price if you like em.

#10 8 years ago

Yeah... this one is in the $1300 to 1400 range. Several have sold in the DC area falling into that range (I think once was recently traded for an X-Files, if that helps).

#11 8 years ago

60000, but you get 30 others free

#12 8 years ago

CNKay - I'll sell you one for 60K. The free ones are on backorder.

#13 8 years ago

$1500 for a nice one with no issues (could have some cab scuffs and all but generally the playfield is nice on those when you find them... have had 2

BUT more importantly... really funny and fun for the first 2 months then IT SAT!.. pretty shallow game, I had a beautiful one that was fun to make 2-3 shots at most then HOOOOO HUMMMMM.

I think $1500 would be better spent toward more longer term fun game

THUS.. revise the price down to $1000-$1200 so when you do sell it.. you turn a few bucks on the overall "deal" to pay for your "efforts"

does have one of the best quotes in pinball: something like "hey punk I am gunna shove that ski pole up your "....beeeep...." I always got a kick out of hearing that one.

#14 8 years ago

Friends. The value of dmd games has moved up $500-750 in the last two years. Yes even crummy ones. Almost any decent players pin (no wear through to wood on pf, nicked cab, no board hacks) commands $ 1,400-1,500. Nicer ones more. Take for example my c.q. Wipeout. I would not take less than 2k. Guess what? I paid 2k for it 3 years ago. It is perfect though. Huo wnd mint. I just do not buy into this $1,000 stuff for a dmd. If it is that price then it is junk....missing/cracked plastics...board hacks...pf worn through to wood, etc.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

If it is that price then it is junk

just picked up a solid CBW last month for 1k. Needs a little love but a solid overall game.
picked up a Teed'off last year for 1k. VERY nice example with topper and just needed fresh rubber and a cleaning.

I am a big GTB fan and most of the DMDs (aside form STG which is the best) can still be found for 1-1200.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Friends. The value of dmd games has moved up $500-750 in the last two years. Yes even crummy ones. Almost any decent players pin (no wear through to wood on pf, nicked cab, no board hacks) commands $ 1,400-1,500.

That's not true. I tried selling "players" Hurricane and Waterworld here for $1100 - multiple times - with absolutely zero luck.

The Premier stuff is still pretty worthless...we are still talking $900-$1200 for average, working games. Ain't nobody paying no $2000 here for a Wipe Out. Not EVERY game is worth $500-$750 more than two years ago - it doesn't work that way.

#17 8 years ago

I just sold mine for $1800. It was in nice shape, just needed some cleaning.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not true. I tried selling "players" Hurricane and Waterworld here for $1100 - multiple times - with absolutely zero luck.
The Premier stuff is still pretty worthless...we are still talking $900-$1200 for average, working games. Ain't nobody paying no $2000 here for a Wipe Out. Not EVERY game is worth $500-$750 more than two years ago - it doesn't work that way.

I paid $750 for a LW3 and a Maverick two years ago. Both sold for $1,500 and would all day. A $900 Baywatch get $1,600 all day long too. You guys are probably the ones that do sniff out a 1k pin once in awhile...so be it. When you sell you are selling at highers prices, I would bet the farm on that.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just picked up a solid CBW last month for 1k. Needs a little love but a solid overall game.
picked up a Teed'off last year for 1k. VERY nice example with topper and just needed fresh rubber and a cleaning.
I am a big GTB fan and most of the DMDs (aside form STG which is the best) can still be found for 1-1200.

A good players pin requires nothing after you buy it...nothing. A dmd pin with solid dmd, no cracked or missing plastics and goid pf do not go for 1k 99% of the time. Jeesh, Hook was 1k 2 years ago, not any more. You know these pins appreciated. People selling at $1k just have not figured out true value and sold too cheap.

#20 8 years ago

in both cases the CBW and TO needed nothing to play just as they were when picked up. Both were sold by pinheads. They really were not annomollies. Solid games, playing fine and no cracked or missing bits.

Still lots of GTB DMDs that can be found for under 1200. I was not even looking for either of those pins, they came up for sale and I bought them.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

I paid $750 for a LW3 and a Maverick two years ago. Both sold for $1,500 and would all day. A $900 Baywatch get $1,600 all day long too. You guys are probably the ones that do sniff out a 1k pin once in awhile...so be it. When you sell you are selling at highers prices, I would bet the farm on that.

Huh?

Search pinside. You will see me, trying in vain, several times, to unload a 100% Waterworld in nice shape.

Of course I'll buy a DMD for $1000. We are talking about the hobby/pinside market. Gottlieb/Premier stuff - people here just aren't interested. Why would you pay $2,000 for a system 3 when far better WPC games can be had for the same price? It's just how it is.

DE and WPC have gone up - a lot. Premier haven't. No shame in that. It's good because someone who wants a cheap DMD can still buy a Mario Andretti for $1,000. Which has happened here recently. Took a while, too.

#22 8 years ago

Sold mine last year in players condition with a little wear but clean and working for $1100.

#23 8 years ago

I would say no more than $1300 max and you'll likely find a buyer on CL and not here. Fun game for a while for sure and I wouldn't mind having mine back for a couple months to play again. Think I sold mine for $1000 or $1100 and it had LEDs, was shopped and in good shape.

Anyone owning a Wipe Out should remove the red plastic film from the DMD. The game looks SOOOO much better with an orange DMD. The red does not match the theme at all and the graphics look better in orange.

#24 8 years ago

I will add that it was all my friends favorite game, even to this day. Great crowd pleaser!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I will add that it was all my friends favorite game, even to this day. Great crowd pleaser!

Yeah..with the sound turned up this game simply rocks! With the sound low it just is not the same and almost a complete dud. My neighbor would buy mine for I,800. He knows how perfect it is...like it left the factory yesterday. I'll wait and get what I paid or will keep it. I may move it to my FL condo. The color/theme would look good against a similar color but opposite temperature theme (hot) background overlooking the gulf. The area needs more pins for folks to play. That is one reason we put a Luci there. Folks love pinball once exposed to it down here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-wipe-out-by-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.