Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have a line on a Joust with a decent playfield but, needs to be restored. It is functional, just dirty as can be.

It seems from a thread 6 months ago that 2k is the rate for a restorable one.

Thanks for the help.

#2 10 years ago

If you can get it for 2k then I would grab it! I paid for than that for mine and the few I have seen for sale in the last year were for around the 4k range.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

If you can get it for 2k then I would grab it!

He wants $2500. I am going to look at it tomorrow again. I saw it a few weeks ago and need to check it closer.

I will get some pics too.

#4 10 years ago

I think $2,500 is a really good price on one needing a restore. You just simply don't see this game coming up for sale . . . almost ever. Decent ones have all sold for over 5k recently.

#5 10 years ago

IPDB lists only 402 Williams Jousts made, so it's definitely a rare machine. I've never seen one in person.

#6 10 years ago

It´s very rare over here . I have heard of a seller asking 5k .

#7 10 years ago

Hey if it is working 100% at $2500 what do you want to trade for straight across?
We can each cover one machines shipping cost but maybe bundle the price with company?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

IPDB lists only 402 Williams Jousts made, so it's definitely a rare machine. I've never seen one in person.

And I wonder how many of those are still around. My guess is half, maybe 60%.

#9 10 years ago

there hard enough to turn up that if you really, really want one you about have to pay about what ever they asking and do some driving .

its just one of them games, hard finding imo

#10 10 years ago

You said "go look at it tomorrow again"...I don't believe I would wait. Someone will snap that up in a heartbeat, especially if it's a Craiglist deal. Just sayin'...

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Mrjamma:

You said "go look at it again tomorrow"...I don't believe I would wait. Someone will snap that up in a heartbeat, especially if it's a Craiglist deal. Just sayin'...

Yep, if there is a machine you want do not delay. The rule of pinball is whoever shows up first with cash to get a machine gets the machine. Even if the seller says "sure come tomorrow", that in no way is indicative that the seller won't sell the machine in the interim . . . and that is a really good price he is asking.

#12 10 years ago

I would say anyting under 3k is a good price. I paid $2900 for mine over 8 years ago. Mr pinball guide had them at $1300 back then . I used to joke that i will take 20 of them at $1300 if they really went for that. Mr Pinball puts it at $3600 and going up now. It is the first game you see when you walk into my pinball arcade. I find that it becomes the novice pinball players favorite game. I constantly hear folks say "That was the coolest game ever" . I am offered between 4-5 grand for it regularly , but cant sell it as it is one of very few on location. Also I think CPR is doing the playfield soon as well.
Good luck

#13 10 years ago

I could not resist the temptation and bought it tonight.

I think I will do a full restore on it. Send out the playfield and all.

Chris Hibler just finished getting it all working and the crappy iphone pics are from his garage.

IMG_0421.JPGIMG_0421.JPG IMG_0422.JPGIMG_0422.JPG IMG_0423.JPGIMG_0423.JPG

#14 10 years ago

More pics

IMG_0424.JPGIMG_0424.JPG IMG_0425.JPGIMG_0425.JPG

#15 10 years ago

sweet glad you jumped on it- its only money- will ba an awsome game!

#16 10 years ago

Congrats on picking it up!

#17 10 years ago

Very nice pick up. I'd like one of these in my collection one day. Congrats!

#19 10 years ago

.... soo incredibly envious! One of my favorites

#20 10 years ago

great find and for $2500, it looks to be in pretty nice shape (other than the typical routing wear on the playfield for a machine that's 30 years old)

it's hard to tell from your phone photos, but it even appears that your crossover plastics are still in one piece! (that says a lot considering I've only owned one machine [out of 3] where they were not broke in two on both sides)

how do the boards and the underside of the playfield look? (any hacks?)

the one thing to definitely look into is replacing the header pins and female connectors for the 40-pin interconnect if it already hasn't been. great plains electronics has the parts in stock, and they aren't that expensive

#21 10 years ago

Congrats, Joust is a fun game!

#22 10 years ago

that is so cool

#23 10 years ago

Congrats! Those are not easy to come by and the two player mode is a blast.

#24 10 years ago

Joust factoid: In Brazil, Joust is known simply as "Bird Ass".

Google it.

#25 10 years ago

Congrats! I was lucky enough to play one this year at a local arcade expo. It's a lot of fun for two players! I'd love one, but it would be a hard one to place in a regular line-up of pins since someone needs to stand on either end of it. It would need it's own dedicated place. Share some pics once you've got it set up and going!

#26 10 years ago

One more reason to go to Dougie Piranha's house!!! Congrats!

#27 10 years ago

hey, we have another thread going on here about creating a new set of plastics for us owners. have you seen that? worth going and adding your name to the list if interested to buy.

cheers,
bb

#28 10 years ago

Is that a Gottlieb CounterForce that I see in Chris's garage?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-williams-joust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.