Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MikeO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Looking at a Williams IJ and was wondering what market pricing is these days for this title.

Game appears to play 100%.

Cabinet I would give an 8/10. Has maybe 10% fade. In general color is bright. Three lockbar drill holes along with 2" square piece of art missing at top edge on front. Both sides of body have three small screw holes from what looks to have been ashtrays. Legs are painted over and need replaced.

Playfield is 8/10 also. No missing art. Chipped sling plastics. Small chip in clear edge behind drop targets. POA ramp could use replacing as decal is separating.

There is a burn on one of the GI connectors so it needs replaced along with the header row.

I believe the latest Mr. Pinball guide has it at $5500-$6000 but this one is not that nice.

Thanks in advance for advice.

#2 8 years ago

I paid I think it was $4500 for one a little over a year ago, that was cabinet art faded, broken upper playfield motor mech but decent otherwise. Make sure your playfield is livable, I haven't been able to find a new one, I guess repros don't exist for it.

I recently had someone offer me $6500 for that same pin. It wasn't for sale but I thought his offer was high.

Maybe $6k at the top end, $5k average. Allowing a little more for expensive mods (brass trim, colorDMD, pinsound, etc can add up)

Good luck with your hunt!

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for that input.

Anybody else?

#4 8 years ago

Is it shopped? If it isn't factor that in. Your time might be free, but 60 hours of work is nothing to sneeze at.

#5 8 years ago

Paid $5K for mine this summer. Partially faded cab, plays 100%, playfield has a little wear in typical areas (center drops, rear drop, small area near sling). No mods except LEDs and lost plastic. It did come with a set of cab decals that I haven't got around to picking up from the seller yet, so factor that in I guess.

#6 8 years ago

$4500-5000 for what you describe
I bought a HUO for $6250 about a year ago. Zero fade, documented, spoke with previous owners to verify. Thing was cherry

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Is it shopped? If it isn't factor that in. Your time might be free, but 60 hours of work is nothing to sneeze at.

It's a good, not exceptional shopout. It is playable.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I bought a HUO for $6250 about a year ago. Zero fade, documented, spoke with previous owners to verify. Thing was cherry

Was that the 1100 miles each way trip you made and kissed a toad of an IJ and found the HUO IJ on the trip back home? If so, that's some damn good karma.

#9 8 years ago

I paid $5900 for one four months ago. Faded cab but the cab itself was in really good shape....no big dings or dents. Playfield was perfect. Needed new legs. Had a couple broken playfield plastics and a lot of broken plastic lane dividers.

But it also came with:
Full set of decals
Color DMD
Re-plated gun and trigger by Mike Chestnut
Brand new plastic ramp
Brand new ruins plastics
Brand new glass
Full flipper rebuild kit

I would say all in all I maybe overpaid a little.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Was that the 1100 miles each way trip you made and kissed a toad of an IJ and found the HUO IJ on the trip back home? If so, that's some damn good karma.

Indeed, that is the one actually. Good job on recalling.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Good job on recalling.

My memory is not that good. I was looking for references for IJ pricing and stumbled on your posts a few days back.

Finding a game that nice is always satisfying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 29.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-williams-ij-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.