(Topic ID: 182321)

Price Check: What the heck is going on with AC/DC

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

The price of premiums seems to be going nuts right now.

I put mine up for sale a while back and was thinking about it again to make room, that or Woz. These pins seem to be glued to the floor of owners.

#2 7 years ago

No one Will ever get my Luci , married for Life !

#3 7 years ago

If you need room Ice... Strike while the iron is hot.

#4 7 years ago

Pay for your AlienLE and cash to spare.

#5 7 years ago

well, old men love their dad rock.

(there, that should crater my thumbs up ratio for good)

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

old men love their dad rock, what do ya want.
(there, that should lower my thumbs up ratio pretty good)

Go put your little red high heels shoes And follow the yellow brick Road

#7 7 years ago

Dad Rock? Game goes Great with even this Soundtrack!

I endured last week with my son.

#8 7 years ago

Remember the days we said "mods on a game will never earn their money back"?

Funny how things change.

#9 7 years ago

when the acdc VE's come out all the prices will come crashing down

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Tron Premium is 1st up

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

So you are saying time to sell is NOW!!!

The LCD is such a game changer for me. It kicks ass on BM66 and its half ass code.

If they could get another Ac/dc license with LCD they would probably sell another 7-8K pins.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Tron Premium is 1st up

ya got my reference

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LCD is such a game changer for me. It kicks ass on BM66 and its half ass code. If they could get another Ac/dc license with LCD they would probably sell another 7-8K pins.

But so many folks say...

"You don't play the LCD"
"The game is under the glass"
"DMD's are awesome & charming"

Muhahaha die DMD die!

#14 7 years ago

I noticed that myself. Crazy.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The price of premiums seems to be going nuts right now.
I put mine up for sale a while back and was thinking about it again to make room, that or Woz. These pins seem to be glued to the floor of owners.

So you're trying to tell me that you are having trouble deciding which pin goes between WOZ and AC/DC to make a spot for another pin??? You're joking right? Good Lord son, quit drinking and go to bed!!

#16 7 years ago

Unfortunately prices are crazy on everything but things are selling extra high now bc all that tax money lol....

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately prices are crazy on everything but things are selling extra high now bc all that tax money lol....

Heck yeah, I'll sell my TWD Pro or GOT Pro right now for 10K!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD is such a game changer for me. It kicks ass on BM66 and its half ass code.
If they could get another Ac/dc license with LCD they would probably sell another 7-8K pins.

And how many Tron will they sell with the new screen? A ton!

And both AC/DC and Tron will sound so much better with Spike. No brainer for Stern to re-make these. If they got the licences once then surely they can re-negotiate.

#19 7 years ago

Just wondering what they are selling for in your area?
Up in Western Canada premiums are selling in the 8k cdn range.

#20 7 years ago

Hmm...

1: Own desirable game but come to realize that its just not for you and possibly over rated.
2: Post to pinside about how said game is experiencing a renaissance and sellers are getting top dollar for it.
3: Allow price pumpers, price police, fanboys, people lost in the past and general savages (ie aussie's) no less than one week to debate said game.
4: After the most annoying and outspoken on well known pin forum have driven their point home that the game is made of gold list game for big profit.

The internet at its finest!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I endured last week with my son. » YouTube video

WTF? People pay money to see and hear this shit?

#22 7 years ago

Went to couple who bought an ac dc premium New. Several thousand plays. They host lots of parties etc. Most everyone that plays says it's the best game they ever played in pinball at their gatherings.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Yep and do copious amounts of Molly. Man this type of dubstep is so bad. Also gives DJs that are actually good a bad name.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And both AC/DC and Tron will sound so much better with Spike. No brainer for Stern to re-make these. If they got the licences once then surely they can re-negotiate.

Pretty sure all other VEs were remade on the original platforms. Could be mistaken though. Doesn't mean they can't run these on spike, it would just cost more.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Not my cup of tea...but my 21 year old loves it.....hes 100% clean, doesnt even have a beer!.....doesnt take after his old mans concert habits!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can see Stern doing something just like that. ACDC vault with an LCD. Yes it would piss existing owners off but Stern wouldn't care, lol.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can see Stern doing something just like that. ACDC vault with an LCD. Yes it would piss existing owners off but Stern wouldn't care, lol.

Wouldn't piss me off because I'm pretty sure the price would be ridiculous.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes it would piss existing owners off but Stern wouldn't care, lol.

Nor should they care.

#29 7 years ago

Vault edition is a pipe dream, The band could be done considering lead singer is done, Angus & Axl are going to write and put out an album and tour.My Luci never leave the heard it's a fantastic pin

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I get some owners would feel aggrieved but it is just technological progress, same as any other industry.

Why wouldn't they make it better if they can, years later!

#31 7 years ago

Guys who want a LE ACDC keep bringing this up in hopes guys will lower there prices !

#32 7 years ago

Who knows what Stern will do with VEs. I mean look at SMVE, it's butchered at best.

If they would just simply rerun the pins without fucking with it so much, I'd imagine it would sell better.

I don't trust their quality at all anymore. Just look at the recently video posted by Stern on FB. Even their promo video of Aerosmith has ghosting inserts already!

#33 7 years ago

We had a LTBR, loved AC/DC & really loved the LUCI package when it came out.
Sold LTBR and was lucky enough to catch one of the last LUCI's Trent had left.
Another week & I would have been $π|t-out-of-luck on getting a NIB LUCI.

Never leaving our collection!!

#34 7 years ago

SMVE Butchered? Why? Just because one coil is missing from the Green Goblin switch? Please....Original SM prices definitely went down when the vault was released. The art and the amour are superior IMO. DOTS and callouts are well done also. Actually one of the better Color DMD releases, much better than the movie clips.

Vault AC/DC Premium with Dirty Donnie art? Yes.

Value AC/DC Premium with DD art AND LCD? Yes PLEASE!

I do think it likely won't happen before Tron, but I do think these are the next two vaults.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Who knows what Stern will do with VEs. I mean look at SMVE, it's butchered at best.
If they would just simply rerun the pins without fucking with it so much, I'd imagine it would sell better.
I don't trust their quality at all anymore. Just look at the recently video posted by Stern on FB. Even their promo video of Aerosmith has ghosting inserts already!

Wow, I thought you might be exaggerating so I looked at the video on FB by Stern.

And bingo, the WALK insert has a ton of ghosting.

Have to say, I can't even consider a new Stern until they get their playfields good again. Such a shame as the games are a blast to play.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

» YouTube video

Dude WTF is that? That isn't music....thats just a bunch of synthesized crap.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, I thought you might be exaggerating so I looked at the video on FB by Stern.
And bingo, the WALK insert has a ton of ghosting.
Have to say, I can't even consider a new Stern until they get their playfields good again. Such a shame as the games are a blast to play.

I just watched the video. Good eye!

#38 7 years ago

Wanted: HEP MM or HEP CCC - I have cash or AC/DC BIBLE for trade

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45712

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dude WTF is that? That isn't music....thats just a bunch of synthesized crap.

They call it headbanging music. I call it music for people who cant dance!

The visuals blow the crap out of anything one may have seen in a 3D ride at any of the
theme parks here. Super strong Ear Plugs. But its Music, it was Packed, and whatever one calls it, it actually works with AC/DC pin (although only once) for an Old Man and Dad Rock!

#40 7 years ago

Art the head banger! Who would have ever knew?

#41 7 years ago

Clicked on a thread about AC/DC, reading about and listening to Dub-Step. Amazing! I was raised on AC/DC, ZZTop, Rush and the like. I now listen mostly to Dub-Step in the ear buds while playing pinball. You can see me kicking ass at a tournament near you.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

» YouTube video

Hope you had some horse tranquilizers before that show , makes it so much more enjoyable .

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hope you had some horse tranquilizers before that show , makes it so much more enjoyable .

In my health?

Im f*cked up 24/7!...Seriously!

#44 7 years ago

AC/DC will be made again and done better.......You can bet on it!

#45 7 years ago

I love mine
Never leaving
I'm the 2nd owner and
I almost have all of the high scores on it after about 2 years
Such a great game!!!!

One of sterns best in recent memory!
It was such an awesome return to pinball for Steve!!!!!!

#46 7 years ago

I too, cant imagine anything filing its slot....such an almost Perfect Pin!

#47 7 years ago

Sold ACDC yesterday to a good guy who wanted one. The price went up a little on it recently and that made me think about selling.

It was a grail type pin (for me) when I bought it. I played mine for the 2 years and enjoyed it, but time to set it free for someone else to enjoy and let POTC LOTR SM and IM fill up my time.

VE may come although band is probably done playing. License will be costly and how many folks own addc now and have owned it in the past and have moved on? A lot! Stern will strip down the VE and jack the price up as much as possible! You can count on that! That will make the VE less desirable.

Acdc is a really cool game though. I enjoyed mine a lot.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

AC/DC will be made again and done better.......You can bet on it!

And cost 9K NIB...lol

#49 7 years ago

I love AC/DC but only on location. The lower PF is so so so dumb, but everything else rocks, especially the bell and the cannon!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I love AC/DC but only on location. The lower PF is so so so dumb, but everything else rocks, especially the bell and the cannon!

I'm not a fan of lower playfields myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-the-heck-is-going-on-with-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.