You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7108 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

Edit: This is sold now

If you haven't been following the saga (and who can blame you) Heighway has gone out of business, and their final act was to send me my black trim Alien LE. Just showed up a couple days ago, sitting in the box in my garage still. The people at the factory were really great about making sure that happened, and I'm grateful to them.

Thing is, I've just got too much emotional baggage tied up in the damn thing, the company never paid me a dime after years of work, and I want to just be mercenary and flip it for whatever cash I can get. Some people want me to keep it, and I get that, but I'm not really looking to have that conversation. I love the team I worked with, I think we made a killer game, but for my own personal mental health I just need it out of my life. And feeling like I was paid something would be nice.

There were three LEs made as the final run. One to me, one to the animator Kelly, and one that just sold for $13k. That's the closest thing to any kind of sales mark for this. There might be some others floating around, I honestly don't have any numbers. My understanding is that the total run of Alien is between 100-200 machines, mostly Standards. As far as I know they'll never be made again.

Normally when I sell a game I'm looking for no fuss, I prefer to make private deals quietly and easily, don't care about hunting for the top dollar. But I'm sitting on something rare, final game from a dead company belonging to the game artist. I also worked really hard for a long time on this, I'd like to turn it into something if I'm letting it go, and not shortchange myself.

I just have no clue what to even list it for, I'm in uncharted waters here. Open to feedback, suggestions, offers, whatever. I can make a real sale thread at some point, but if it moves before that happens I'll donate to Pinside still.

Thoughts?

IMG_7108 (resized).jpgIMG_7108 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

i would think to a collector it would have to be worth $12,000-$15,000

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, $12-15K. I’m not sure the added background is worth money, but you never know.

At any rate, I’m glad you were finally able to get a game.

#4 5 years ago

It would probably be worth more if it had a decent art package.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It would probably be worth more if it had a decent art package.

Probably!

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m not sure the added background is worth money, but you never know.

Yeah, I'm not sure it even matters, but in rare collector land it's at least cool to have a story I guess.

#6 5 years ago

I would fix the value at the precise amount of the last completed sale.

#7 5 years ago

Don’t sell it yet, I think it will be worth more later. Probably in the $15k-$20k range or more. I also think your personal pin would be worth more than a typical LE

#8 5 years ago

Don't do it!

...but, I'll bet you can find a taker around 15

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I would fix the value at the precise amount of the last completed sale.

That's an entirely reasonable way to look at it.

#10 5 years ago

call Kaneda, he seems to have more $ than common sense

#11 5 years ago

I took pinlawyer's advice, got a cash offer for the market price, and instead of trying to be greedy or hold out for other offers I'm taking it and moving on. If the new owner wants to sell it for more later, hey more power to them.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Damn, that was fast.

Cash is king

Not having to deal with shipping and wire transfers etc, I decided to not pass it up.

#14 5 years ago

congrats aurich!

#16 5 years ago

Wow, that was fast!

Now that you have some cash, come on down to o-din's garage and I will take you to the new dispensary that just opened right down the street!

#17 5 years ago

There are guys asking20k for TBL...

This is worth 15k at minimum given the rarity, quality, and story.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There are guys asking20k for TBL...
This is worth 15k at minimum given the rarity, quality, and story.

It's easy to ask for something, another to get it.

If anyone is sad they missed this just let me know, the other one is for sale too I believe, Kelly needs the money.

I asked the mods to lock this, so I'll take my exit now, but appreciate everyone's support.

#19 5 years ago

Congrats on getting what you deserved!

#20 5 years ago

Glad you finally got this A man. Congrats.

#21 5 years ago

Is this game going to show up in Kaneda's living room next to Bubba and Brenda?

#22 5 years ago

Comfortable disclosing the price so the community can get more of a baseline? Like you said: only one price was on the market before this one sold.

#23 5 years ago

Glad you did get yours, you earned it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-s-my-nib-alien-le-worth?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.