PB230690 (resized).JPG
PB230689 (resized).JPG
PB230688 (resized).JPG
PB220684 (resized).JPG
PB220687 (resized).JPG
PB220686 (resized).JPG
PB220685 (resized).JPG
PB220683 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

I am thinking of cleaning out some parts from stock. Have an extra JD topper.

Pretty nice overall. Has some white paint speckled on it as it appears someone painted a ceiling over a game at one point. It is latex paint and comes off easily with a warm water, so not a big deal.

Lower mounting points are cracked off the last 1/2 inch but still plenty of purchase to attach to the bracket.

PB220683 (resized).JPGPB220683 (resized).JPG
PB220685 (resized).JPGPB220685 (resized).JPG
PB220686 (resized).JPGPB220686 (resized).JPG
PB220687 (resized).JPGPB220687 (resized).JPG
PB220684 (resized).JPGPB220684 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Rick has the, at BAA rig now for 99 bucks, so maybe 80 due to the damage?

thanks. Looks like he has 5 left currently. Better off for someone to go grab one of those.

I had not idea he found more from IPB.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Being that looks like an original and not one of those piss poor colored repros that are floating around, I'd say it's worth substantially more than one of those.

yeah, mine is an original for sure

#8 7 years ago

so, what is a current value on my real gold eagle topper?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I imagine it would be a quick sale at $50.

go away forceflow. We all know your bias against me is so strong you cant possibly offer a reasonable opinion. $50 is laughable and you know it.

If you want to remove your same old BS bias and provide a real opinion based on what you have actually seen them sell for, I am all ears.

let me guess, this is just your online persona responding ...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'd say $50 on a good day

you to Tommy? Come on... Share a real opinion or GTFO of this thread with this crap troll stuff.

$50 is not even in the realm of reality and we both know it.

I got 3 pms in the first 5 mins saying they would take if for $100 if I wanted to sell.

Do you have an honest opinion on value or just trolling like forceflow based on previous bias?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Mine is presumably a repro. I got it about 2 years ago digging around on forums here. $60 shipped. It looks just the same except the color was flat. I spent a few bucks on some gold glitter spraypaint that made it pop in an awesome way. Of course some people are adamant about original vs. repro. At the end of the day, I care about how good it looks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-my-jd-topper

that turned out really nice!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from hotwheelerguy:

Technically ForceFlow is correct, it would definitely be a quick sale at $50
But you might as well close this thread because you already know what it's worth if 3 people pm'd you in the first 5 minutes saying they'd buy it.
The market has spoken.

yeah, technically he is correct but not the intent if his post, lol.

I know it is worth $100 minimum based on the response, but still was curious to get others feedback.

At this point, $100 seems fair if you are local and I dont need to ship this. $150 plus shipping if I need to find a box and pack it up seems fair.

thanks for all the input folks. Always nice to see the spectrum of lowballers like Forceflow, fans of the theme that are on the high side, and then settling in the middle.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

"I'd like to know what this is worth"
"STOP LOWBALLING ME"
Sounds like you already knew what it was worth.

Well, I knew it was worth more than $50 but was not sure on what TBT.

Aside from the lowball BS from a few typical users, the thread was a perfect price check. Easy to see a few value the original very high, some are likely fine with the BAA repros, most like original over repro, orig are difficult to find.

I used that to settle in a nice middle spot. $100 picked up (either in Madison or a future show like MGC or Pinburgh) is a pretty fair price it seems, so that is what I set it at. To me that is a successful price check. Without it I would have likely set it at $200obo and still been unsure if that was fair or not. Now I have confidence that my price is fair. Added bonus of a reminder whom to avoid.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Have you ever tried to remove the white paint at all?

Yeah, the paint comes right off with no problem. A few have asked and I will clean a spot real quick when I get home and take a photo to show. It is just latew ceiling paint so it comes right off the plastic.

As for other damage, the bottom attachment points broken off is pretty minimal since still plenty to attach it and you will never even see that once attached.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Have you ever tried to remove the white paint at all?

here you go. 30seconds, just a little war water and a shop rag on left side of head. Some before/after showing paint comes right off.

PB230688 (resized).JPGPB230688 (resized).JPG

PB230689 (resized).JPGPB230689 (resized).JPG

PB230690 (resized).JPGPB230690 (resized).JPG

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe it's just me, but if I were selling this, I'd take the five minutes and clean the paint off. Then again, maybe someone wants one with white speckles.

I could, but for $100 buckaroos, the buyer can be the one to do the cleaning.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

So, I'm confused... is the OP selling this for $100?

sorry, been doing family stuff the past few days. Yes, $100 if you want to pickup in person or meet up at MGC and grab it in person.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

WTF so why is it still for sale? You said you had 3 people PM you and offer $100, you're selling for $100, yet it's still sitting for sale.

sorry, let me spell it out more clearly since your deductive reasoning skills seem to need a little help.

Local pickup price is $100. If you need it shipped then the price is $150.
If any of them were local pickup it would already be gone.

Are you interested or just in here for the fun of it?
You seem more like a crappy green reproduction guy Markmon, you should probably just stick to the BAA/IPB remakes

#45 7 years ago

meh, you still stink at deductive reasoning.

If three people offer 100 but are not close enough to pick it up... then eventually someone local or going to a show I am also attending will want it for the $100.

Reality is the remakes are widely accepted as junk. This is a nice quality original that will clean up well (no scuffs, and just a little latex paint to clean off) so there are plenty of people that will need/want the topper. It is not like I need to take a lowball offer for a topper that can just sit on another game while it waits to sell.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

$50 to ship a lightweight box with this and packing peanuts inside? Ouch.

yup, I dont fell like finding a box and shipping as it is a PITA. If you want to pay for it then I will take the time.

Quoted from PoMC:

The paint splatter adds a bit of weight. No idea why the OP wouldn't just clean off the paint and sell it clean without any caveat of "it'll clean up quickly and easily"?

If I find the time to clean it up I will at some point. It is pretty low priority for me and for $100 a buyer can take on that task. If I clean it up then I will likely raise the price based on condition.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

luckily for a potential buyer as they can save some funds by buying now and cleaning it up themself

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Salesmanship right there...

obviously dont feel a $100 topper really needs any sort of salemenship, lol.

WYSIWYG.

Want and oringal JD topper that you can clean up? here you go... or feel free to go grab a remake (appears 2 left now compared to the 5 from last week so this thread definately prompted a few people to go that way before they are gone)

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Obviously he tried to quickly clean it off as anyone would and realized it won't come off so easily. That's the whole reason it's not cleaned up. It's probably not coming off at all. I'm pretty sure anyone that would be a potential buyer of something like this would be able to see right through this and know.

Are you so dumb you can't see the before and after photo, lol.

It cleans off just fine. If anyone wants it cleaned, i can do so but then the price is 150.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Hey why not. You seem to be having such an easy time selling it, I'm sure *raising* the price will do the trick.

funny part is that you are way more concerned about it selling than I am obviously, lol.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looking at the first few photos, it appears that removing the paint caused some faded, blemished areas where the paint splatters were.

nope, no fade or blemish. just odd photos.

Here is a better one showing the paint comes right off and looks like new with zero issue.
I do appreciate your continued attempt at fake concern.

JD.jpgJD.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-is-a-judge-dredd-topper-value-currently?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.