PB230689 (resized).JPG
PB230688 (resized).JPG
PB220684 (resized).JPG
PB220687 (resized).JPG
PB220686 (resized).JPG
PB220685 (resized).JPG
PB220683 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I am thinking of cleaning out some parts from stock. Have an extra JD topper.

Pretty nice overall. Has some white paint speckled on it as it appears someone painted a ceiling over a game at one point. It is latex paint and comes off easily with a warm water, so not a big deal.

Lower mounting points are cracked off the last 1/2 inch but still plenty of purchase to attach to the bracket.

PB220683 (resized).JPGPB220683 (resized).JPG
PB220685 (resized).JPGPB220685 (resized).JPG
PB220686 (resized).JPGPB220686 (resized).JPG
PB220687 (resized).JPGPB220687 (resized).JPG
PB220684 (resized).JPGPB220684 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Rick has the, at BAA rig now for 99 bucks, so maybe 80 due to the damage?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Rick has the, at BAA rig now for 99 bucks, so maybe 80 due to the damage?

thanks. Looks like he has 5 left currently. Better off for someone to go grab one of those.

I had not idea he found more from IPB.

#4 7 years ago

Being that looks like an original and not one of those piss poor colored repros that are floating around, I'd say it's worth substantially more than one of those.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Being that looks like an original and not one of those piss poor colored repros that are floating around, I'd say it's worth substantially more than one of those.

yeah, mine is an original for sure

#6 7 years ago

10k by the refake.

#7 7 years ago

Originally they were called gold eagle toppers. Now even PPS calls his replacements mustard green eagle toppers. lol. At least he's honest. lol.

#8 7 years ago

so, what is a current value on my real gold eagle topper?

#9 7 years ago

I imagine it would be a quick sale at $50.

#10 7 years ago

Usually a nice original like this will sell for 100-150 and a perfect one with bracket 2-250.... i much perfer this original over any repro ever made....

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so, what is a current value on my real gold eagle topper?

I'd put all the info out there about no quality reproductions made, and let the bidding war begin.

#12 7 years ago

I got a nice nos original off ebay for $225 recently.
IMO an original topper is much more valuable than the repro.
The repro colors are awful.

#13 7 years ago

I'd say $50 on a good day

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I imagine it would be a quick sale at $50.

go away forceflow. We all know your bias against me is so strong you cant possibly offer a reasonable opinion. $50 is laughable and you know it.

If you want to remove your same old BS bias and provide a real opinion based on what you have actually seen them sell for, I am all ears.

let me guess, this is just your online persona responding ...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'd say $50 on a good day

you to Tommy? Come on... Share a real opinion or GTFO of this thread with this crap troll stuff.

$50 is not even in the realm of reality and we both know it.

I got 3 pms in the first 5 mins saying they would take if for $100 if I wanted to sell.

Do you have an honest opinion on value or just trolling like forceflow based on previous bias?

#16 7 years ago

Technically ForceFlow is correct, it would definitely be a quick sale at $50

But you might as well close this thread because you already know what it's worth if 3 people pm'd you in the first 5 minutes saying they'd buy it.

The market has spoken.

#17 7 years ago

My first Dredd had an original topper and still does. I've had a few different repros pass thru here and none were anything I'd want on top of the machine.

I paid $100 for a nice original a few years ago for another Dredd, but it was from a stand up guy by the name of PinRob and I felt I got a good deal.

There are always guys popping up on the Judge Dredd thread looking for toppers, and they usually take whatever they can get. Even the green repros.

I wouldn't be surprised if this one hasn't already sold.

#18 7 years ago

I think an original Eagle Topper in good condition would insta-sell at $100, be at market at $150 and fishing for $200+.

NOS original would be an entire different discussion.

Marcus

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

go away forceflow. We all know your bias against me is so strong you cant possibly offer a reasonable opinion. $50 is laughable and you know it.
If you want to remove your same old BS bias and provide a real opinion based on what you have actually seen them sell for, I am all ears.
let me guess, this is just your online persona responding ...

I was being serious, like I usually am. I said if you wanted to *sell it quick*, it would go at $50. Could you get $75, $100, or more? I honestly don't know what the top dollar amount would be on the topper in this condition. If you really want top dollar, put up an auction on ebay. You won't know what it will actually bring until real money is on the table.

As for your other comments--if you knew me at all on a personal level, you should know by now that I always offer my honest opinion with no hidden agendas in any thread no matter who is participating. Just because you didn't like the way one interaction went doesn't mean it also colors my particular contributions in the next discussion elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned, when a discussion is concluded, it gets put away on a shelf and I just move on to the next page or chapter and don't really linger on it. I understand if you don't think and feel the same way--and that's fine; everyone is different. I just don't appreciate the jump to the wrong conclusions.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I got 3 pms in the first 5 mins saying they would take if for $100 if I wanted to sell.

Sounds like it's worth $100

#21 7 years ago

with crack and no bracket 80 euro

#22 7 years ago

Mine is presumably a repro. I got it about 2 years ago digging around on forums here. $60 shipped. It looks just the same except the color was flat. I spent a few bucks on some gold glitter spraypaint that made it pop in an awesome way. Of course some people are adamant about original vs. repro. At the end of the day, I care about how good it looks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-my-jd-topper

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Mine is presumably a repro. I got it about 2 years ago digging around on forums here. $60 shipped. It looks just the same except the color was flat. I spent a few bucks on some gold glitter spraypaint that made it pop in an awesome way. Of course some people are adamant about original vs. repro. At the end of the day, I care about how good it looks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-my-jd-topper

that turned out really nice!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from hotwheelerguy:

Technically ForceFlow is correct, it would definitely be a quick sale at $50
But you might as well close this thread because you already know what it's worth if 3 people pm'd you in the first 5 minutes saying they'd buy it.
The market has spoken.

yeah, technically he is correct but not the intent if his post, lol.

I know it is worth $100 minimum based on the response, but still was curious to get others feedback.

At this point, $100 seems fair if you are local and I dont need to ship this. $150 plus shipping if I need to find a box and pack it up seems fair.

thanks for all the input folks. Always nice to see the spectrum of lowballers like Forceflow, fans of the theme that are on the high side, and then settling in the middle.

#25 7 years ago

"I'd like to know what this is worth"

"STOP LOWBALLING ME"

Sounds like you already knew what it was worth.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

"I'd like to know what this is worth"
"STOP LOWBALLING ME"
Sounds like you already knew what it was worth.

Well, I knew it was worth more than $50 but was not sure on what TBT.

Aside from the lowball BS from a few typical users, the thread was a perfect price check. Easy to see a few value the original very high, some are likely fine with the BAA repros, most like original over repro, orig are difficult to find.

I used that to settle in a nice middle spot. $100 picked up (either in Madison or a future show like MGC or Pinburgh) is a pretty fair price it seems, so that is what I set it at. To me that is a successful price check. Without it I would have likely set it at $200obo and still been unsure if that was fair or not. Now I have confidence that my price is fair. Added bonus of a reminder whom to avoid.

#27 7 years ago

While I agree that $50 is certainly low, I will say I'm surprised at how much interest there is at $100(+) for a topper that is not only broken, but has a healthy amount of paint splattered on it.

It's no knock you OP, and I hope you get whatever you're asking for it. I'm just genuinely surprised given the condition.

Have you ever tried to remove the white paint at all? It's a shame too given the questionable quality of the reproductions available.

#28 7 years ago

Originals are hard to find.
I looked for a long time before I found one.
I got lucky and got a NOS one for a reasonable price.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Have you ever tried to remove the white paint at all?

Yeah, the paint comes right off with no problem. A few have asked and I will clean a spot real quick when I get home and take a photo to show. It is just latew ceiling paint so it comes right off the plastic.

As for other damage, the bottom attachment points broken off is pretty minimal since still plenty to attach it and you will never even see that once attached.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Have you ever tried to remove the white paint at all?

here you go. 30seconds, just a little war water and a shop rag on left side of head. Some before/after showing paint comes right off.

PB230688 (resized).JPGPB230688 (resized).JPG

PB230689 (resized).JPGPB230689 (resized).JPG

PB230690 (resized).JPGPB230690 (resized).JPG

#31 7 years ago

Full latex removal might make this a collectors item.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

here you go. 30seconds, just a little war water and a shop rag on left side of head. Some before/after showing paint comes right off.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were selling this, I'd take the five minutes and clean the paint off. Then again, maybe someone wants one with white speckles.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe it's just me, but if I were selling this, I'd take the five minutes and clean the paint off. Then again, maybe someone wants one with white speckles.

I could, but for $100 buckaroos, the buyer can be the one to do the cleaning.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Geez dude then why not sell for $100 rather than berate everyone that has an opinioon this? With pps selling these new in stock without the need to scrub off some white paint or whatever, I was thinking $50 as well. Perhaps that's just an honest answer to your question.

#35 7 years ago

It is broken and dirty. Can't see why anyone would be wanting to pay more than $50, including shipping.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could, but for $100 buckaroos, the buyer can be the one to do the cleaning.

Thats the customer service that buyers are clamoring for!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

With pps selling these new in stock

I guess you didn't read the rest of this thread. PPS is not selling these, as NOS stock has long been depleted.

#38 7 years ago

So, I'm confused... is the OP selling this for $100?

#39 7 years ago

You need to make a video & send in an application.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

So, I'm confused

Whos not?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

So, I'm confused... is the OP selling this for $100?

sorry, been doing family stuff the past few days. Yes, $100 if you want to pickup in person or meet up at MGC and grab it in person.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, been doing family stuff the past few days. Yes, $100 if you want to pickup in person or meet up at MGC and grab it in person.

WTF so why is it still for sale? You said you had 3 people PM you and offer $100, you're selling for $100, yet it's still sitting for sale.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

WTF so why is it still for sale? You said you had 3 people PM you and offer $100, you're selling for $100, yet it's still sitting for sale.

sorry, let me spell it out more clearly since your deductive reasoning skills seem to need a little help.

Local pickup price is $100. If you need it shipped then the price is $150.
If any of them were local pickup it would already be gone.

Are you interested or just in here for the fun of it?
You seem more like a crappy green reproduction guy Markmon, you should probably just stick to the BAA/IPB remakes

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, let me spell it out more clearly since your deductive reasoning skills seem to need a little help.
Local pickup price is $100. If you need it shipped then the price is $150.
If any of them were local pickup it would already be gone.
Are you interested or just in here for the fun of it?
You seem more like a crappy green reproduction guy Markmon, you should probably just stick to the BAA/IPB remakes

Oh I see. So your proof that it was easily worth $100 being that you had 3 PM's offering you $100 for it, wanted it for $100 *shipped*, so it's really worth the $50 that several of us suggested I guess. My JD has a topper so I have no need for yours with all the paint and scuffs. I prefer nicer things than that. And, this isn't a for sale thread. It's a price check thread. So I don't need to be interested in your product to be a participant.

#45 7 years ago

meh, you still stink at deductive reasoning.

If three people offer 100 but are not close enough to pick it up... then eventually someone local or going to a show I am also attending will want it for the $100.

Reality is the remakes are widely accepted as junk. This is a nice quality original that will clean up well (no scuffs, and just a little latex paint to clean off) so there are plenty of people that will need/want the topper. It is not like I need to take a lowball offer for a topper that can just sit on another game while it waits to sell.

#46 7 years ago

$50 to ship a lightweight box with this and packing peanuts inside? Ouch.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

The paint splatter adds a bit of weight. No idea why the OP wouldn't just clean off the paint and sell it clean without any caveat of "it'll clean up quickly and easily"?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

yup, I dont fell like finding a box and shipping as it is a PITA. If you want to pay for it then I will take the time.

Quoted from PoMC:

The paint splatter adds a bit of weight. No idea why the OP wouldn't just clean off the paint and sell it clean without any caveat of "it'll clean up quickly and easily"?

If I find the time to clean it up I will at some point. It is pretty low priority for me and for $100 a buyer can take on that task. If I clean it up then I will likely raise the price based on condition.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If I find the time to clean it up I will at some point.

Probably could've already cleaned it up in the time it took to type your replies in this thread.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Probably could've already cleaned it up in the time it took to type your replies in this thread.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-is-a-judge-dredd-topper-value-currently and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.