(Topic ID: 67341)

Price check! What do you think this Scared Stiff is worth?

By GaryMartin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mini.jpg
ScaredStiff 010.JPG
ScaredStiff 011.JPG
ScaredStiff 008.JPG
ScaredStiff 004.JPG
ScaredStiff 021.JPG
ScaredStiff 024.JPG
ScaredStiff 001.JPG
ScaredStiff 015.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Nice machine, PinPro speakers in it, CT LEDs throughout, glow in the dark Bony Beast, new boogiemen, etc. Plays perfect. What would you think a reasonable price would be? (It will be for sale as soon as a price is set)

Pictures:

http://scaredstiffpics.shutterfly.com/

#2 10 years ago

Pics!

ScaredStiff 015.JPGScaredStiff 015.JPG ScaredStiff 001.JPGScaredStiff 001.JPG ScaredStiff 024.JPGScaredStiff 024.JPG ScaredStiff 021.JPGScaredStiff 021.JPG ScaredStiff 004.JPGScaredStiff 004.JPG ScaredStiff 008.JPGScaredStiff 008.JPG ScaredStiff 011.JPGScaredStiff 011.JPG ScaredStiff 010.JPGScaredStiff 010.JPG
#3 10 years ago

$6500 It looks to be in nice shape and if remade - less than the $7995 MSRP baseline.

#4 10 years ago

I noticed one at the York show...it had a for sale tag on it at $8k...said sold on it, but not sure what the sold price was

#5 10 years ago

SS seems to be selling in the range of $5500-$7500 lately. It looks like you have a very nice game there. GLWS!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

$6500 It looks to be in nice shape and if remade - less than the $7995 MSRP baseline.

I honestly doubt they'll ever remake SS. It sells high, but not that high, and it's not gonna be cheap to remake. License, complicated back box with the spider etc, lots of plastic and assembly with the bony beast ramp and the like. I could be wrong of course, but I wouldn't hold out for one.

Also, I love this game, I just bought one myself, but it's hardly the deepest game, it's just not gonna attract the kind of attention MM did.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly doubt they'll ever remake SS. It sells high, but not that high, and it's not gonna be cheap to remake. License, complicated back box with the spider etc, lots of plastic and assembly with the bony beast ramp and the like. I could be wrong of course, but I wouldn't hold out for one.
Also, I love this game, I just bought one myself, but it's hardly the deepest game, it's just not gonna attract the kind of attention MM did.

I agree with all of this, but it still goes to show how the PPS announcement has had a real impact on the more sought after B/W titles, at least for now. You will have some people who are afraid of paying out the big bucks for a title like SS for fear that PPS will remake it and it will kill the value.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My thoughts exactly. I would expect to see CV or TOTAN or even TAF before SS. But I don't really see any of them happening unless they can bring the costs of production and ownership down considerably. Of course if any of these three were to hit 10K on the secondary market, then all bets are off.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I noticed one at the York show...it had a for sale tag on it at $8k...said sold on it, but not sure what the sold price was

That ended up a trade.

#10 10 years ago

One Billion dollars....

mini.jpgmini.jpg
#11 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree with all of this, but it still goes to show how the PPS announcement has had a real impact on the more sought after B/W titles, at least for now. You will have some people who are afraid of paying out the big bucks for a title like SS for fear that PPS will remake it and it will kill the value.

I suspect it will die down after a bit, this is going to be a slow process and who wants to wait a couple years just in case something might happen? I hear you though, and if the title in question is a AFM or CC people are probably going to be a little more gunshy. I doubt people would be lining up to throw $8k at even those two titles though, this frenzy is a one time deal IMHO.

Either way SS is one of the best themes ever done, if you want one just get it and enjoy! Also, throw the ColorDMD in it, looks freaking great.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You will have some people who are afraid of paying out the big bucks for a title like SS for fear that PPS will remake it and it will kill the value.

One would have to be pretty paranoid to hold off on buying a nice 6 or 7K SS, TOTAN, etc. with the slight possibility that one might get made in the distant future at god knows what price point. In fact, I wonder if these "second tier" games might get a little more sales activity based on the fact that some are scared to buy the "A" games now.

#13 10 years ago

What do folks want more: Glow bones or No Glow bones? I love GITD stuff but them bones have no reason to glow until you turn off the lights in the room. The non GITD bones have some nice detail and color to them. Anyone do a "bone wash" on their GITD bones so they look good even when not glowing?

I got my glows on now, got them at a good price too - but thinking of going back.

Where is the UV mod so the glow bones light up like crazy? I allow myself SS as my one bling machine!

OP: I would set the price for about 500-1k over for what you would be happy to get and then go from there. Let the buyer haggle and feel good - you get it for more than you thought. Win win. I try and make pin deals as enjoyable as possible.

#14 10 years ago

I'd say 6k for the pictured example. The price has swung up lately so, I may be off a bit.

SS should be safe from a remake until they do CC, MB, and AFM. Those are those more feasible remakes do to licensing and higher market prices.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 10 years ago

Think of the waiting game people are doing now for repro stuff and new games. You can buy and sell SS 10x and get the Spider Jackpot blindfolded by the time one came out.

#16 10 years ago

$6500 to $7000. I don't see any spider hole wear looks nice!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

SS seems to be selling in the range of $5500-$7500 lately.

That's about right. Depends on the mods and cab fade. It looks like there is no wear in front of the crate or Spider Hole. Dancing Boogies, LED Skull Pile, Flickering candle mod, custom shooter rod, etc add value. (if you want those things)

#19 10 years ago

I would suggest that you don't buy it at all, I owned one and the humour and gameplay got boring really fast. If you must have it for you're collection then $6000 is the most I would pay. For that you could get a TF LE and it kicks the crap out of SStiff. GOOD LUCK

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's about right. Depends on the mods and cab fade. It looks like there is no wear in front of the crate or Spider Hole. Dancing Boogies, LED Skull Pile, Flickering candle mod, custom shooter rod, etc add value. (if you want those things)

I agree with BumperM, this is the one machine that really looks good with some bling on it. Just need to add the flickering candles myself.

#21 10 years ago

To each their own, I think SS kicks TF LE's butt...matter of preference. SS isn't the deepest game, but Elvira is hilarious and the game is just fun. I doubt mine will ever leave...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Elvira is hilarious and the game is just fun.

Exactly right! If the game is $6500 or less...JUMP ON IT!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

I would suggest that you don't buy it at all, I owned one and the humour and gameplay got boring really fast. If you must have it for you're collection then $6000 is the most I would pay. For that you could get a TF LE and it kicks the crap out of SStiff. GOOD LUCK

Sorry to break this to ya, but TF sucks.

#24 10 years ago

I wouldn't say Transformers LE sucks....it's no Scared Stiff...but it doesn't completely suck.

#25 10 years ago

Never trust advice from anyone who would take Transformers over Scared Stiff!

#26 10 years ago

There was a nice one at the PBL open house last Friday that sold for $5500 (or less).

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

My thoughts exactly. I would expect to see CV or TOTAN or even TAF before SS. But I don't really see any of them happening unless they can bring the costs of production and ownership down considerably. Of course if any of these three were to hit 10K on the secondary market, then all bets are off.

There is virtually no chance that any of them will ever hit the $10k market based on the PPS announcement since the potential for a remake is hanging out there.

A MM remake made sense since the prices got so high. I don't know if the prices on other B/W titles other than CC, AFM and MB are high enough to justify a remake on them. But that will partly depend on how much PPS is able to build them for.

Interesting times.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never trust advice from anyone who would take Transformers over Scared Stiff!

I've owned both. Obviously two very, very different pins. Hard to compare.

#29 10 years ago

I would NEVER think of telling someone what a game may be worth unless I had a ton of pics of the inside of the head and cabinet and the underside of the playfield.

Anyone can make the outside look pretty, but has anything been done to the inside?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 249.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
£ 39.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-do-you-think-this-scared-stiff-is-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.