Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pinbob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Price check.. I have found someone with a wh20 and a ts. He has owned them for a couple years.. He bought then from a vendor that had them on location for the years.. How much should I offer for them . I want too flip one and keep one. Thanx in advance

#2 12 years ago

Wow thats 2 of the harder games to price. Prices are all over the board on those 2 from everyting i have seen. I got a fully restored WH2O for $2,500 recently and I considered that a steal. I'd buy a Shadow for $2,000 without hesitation. But again a lot of this depends on condtion of both, in fact almost all of what you would offer depend on condition.

#3 12 years ago

So what should I b looking for. The obvious? Playfield, credit dot, battery corrosion?

#4 12 years ago

To each their own, I guess a lot depends on your level of "expertise" in repairing or fixing anything on the machines that needs it. I am still a novice at most of this so I always lean towards paying a little more for machines that don't need a ton of work. Ultimately I'd prefer to find better deals on machines that just need TLC. But ya playfield wear or anything like that is just a no no for me, obviously checking the boards to make sure there is no issues. 2 great games though, did he even have an asking price for them?

Some of the more experienced guys can offer better feedback on Shadow than me, I haven't dealt with that machine a ton.

#5 12 years ago

WH20 is ramps, they are expensive to replace. The PF is rather complicated and time consuming to work on. TS would be mini PF issues. Price is hard without seeing them. Wh2o has been going up a bit and TS has as well. You are in Canada, hard to say.

#6 12 years ago

& boulders, i believe??

ts-missing rings/furbas, sanctum wear (most)

#7 12 years ago

If I do get my hands on both which should I keep? Which would b more easier to flip?

#8 12 years ago

Both these machines had a lock bar installed too? How much does this effect?

#9 12 years ago

I have both of these and I would go for wh20 if I could only have one.

I dont think you can touch a decent wh20 for less than 2k these days.

TS you can still find if you are patient for $1600. US prices, so adjust accordingly for your area.

#10 12 years ago

So if I offered 3k for both. Leaves me plenty too profit? And quick flip?

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Chochi_ca:

can't say without seeing them. if they're both beat to hell, there's no money to be made.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

can't say without seeing them.

+1 and even if they're in good shape, both would be worth more than $3k.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Chochi_ca:

Unless they are blown out. Yes, you can make some money.

Also make sure the whitewater has the topper. They are expensive to replace, if not impossible and effect the value if gone.

Shadow- 1700-2300 depending on condition.
WH20- 2200-3200 depending on condition.

Low end on price scale = heavy use, cracked plastics, credit dot errors, cracked ramps,worn playfield, etc..

High end of price scale = little wear, needs nothing done and looks like it has been recently shopped.

Just an opinion.

#14 12 years ago

Thanx for all replies.. Will update what I do.

#15 12 years ago

good luck

#16 12 years ago

I think you are safe at $3000 unless they are really really bad. I'd say in good condition they would be $4500 in my area.

#17 12 years ago

$3,000 WW just sold recently in the NW...............

#18 12 years ago

Check for the three mongol figures on shadow and any playfield wear from the vuk to upper playfield on ww

#19 12 years ago

$3k for both is a steal, $4k for both is a deal considering current rate of pinflation.
I'll pick these up someday this year for less than $2k myself.
WHITE WATER!
&
The Shadow Knows...

#20 12 years ago

Yah, at $3K even if they are "blow out" (a term about as vague as "shopped out") it's a good deal.

I've had Shadow, White Water is never leaving.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Chochi_ca:

Leaves me plenty too profit? And quick flip?

i'd say in average shape, the two games are worth about $4250-4500 around here. If they are beat, stuff adds up really quick on those titles. Anybody see the $420 plastic set for TS on ebay (turbo20lbs??) ?

I wouldn't be so sure that $3K is going to bring you a huge profit, independent of seeing the machines.

I wouldn't make any offers unless i saw them first. If they are beat and he'll take less than $3k you've already put that price in his mind and he'll probably say no to anything less. What is he asking for the pair??

#22 12 years ago

I just dropped 3K for my ww. May've overpaid a little, this baby is pretty sharp. WW have gone up quite a bit over the past year or so. Everyone I talked to thought low 2k's. I couldn't get one even close to that. If you can get one in really exceptional condition for under 3k, you've done extremely well.

#23 12 years ago

Near impossible to find in Canada. I had to pay a bit over $3k for mine and it needs work (cosmetic). This pin would have been $2200-$2500 a year ago.

#24 12 years ago

Wow 2 awesome games...........good luck.

#25 12 years ago

How long did you look? If you needed it right away, yah. There are tons of people asking $3K plus, but it can still be had for the low $2Ks.

Quoted from jmpierso:

I just dropped 3K for my ww. May've overpaid a little, this baby is pretty sharp. WW have gone up quite a bit over the past year or so. Everyone I talked to thought low 2k's. I couldn't get one even close to that. If you can get one in really exceptional condition for under 3k, you've done extremely well.

#26 12 years ago

Would love to find one in the low $2k range! PM me if you have one or know of one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-wh20-and-a-ts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.