(Topic ID: 160425)

Price Check WCS94 World Cup Soccer (with pics!)

By CryHavoc

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CryHavoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0188_(resized).jpg
DSC_0187_(resized).jpg
DSC_0186_(resized).jpg
DSC_0185_(resized).jpg
DSC_0184_(resized).jpg
DSC_0183_(resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I'm considering buying this WCS94. It's a bit of a drive so I can't see it in person first and I thought I'd look for Pinside's opinion. See pics. It's currently being routed, and owner is selling for $2400. Seems slightly high to me, but what do I know. Everything is supposed to be working, only issues are cosmetic like scratches/missing goalie. What do you think, Pinside?

DSC_0183_(resized).jpg
DSC_0184_(resized).jpg
DSC_0185_(resized).jpg
DSC_0186_(resized).jpg
DSC_0187_(resized).jpg
DSC_0188_(resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

From the limited pics I would say too high. With some TLC it looks like it could clean up nicely, but at that price point it's not worth it IMO. I would say $1,800 give or take.

#3 2 years ago

2000 it looks likes there are a lot of GI lamps not working .Check condition of main center ramp with diverter ,it gets damaged were diverter passes through ramp

#4 2 years ago

1700 TOPS in that condition. WCS is 2400 when fully clean and super nice. If you cant get if for 1700 or less then you are better off looking for a nicer example and passing on this one.

#5 2 years ago

1800 sounds right. It'll clean up.

#6 2 years ago

It's not fully working, there's a credit dot. Likely just a bad switch, but seller saying its fully working with that dot is a red flag. Ask to see the board connectors. GI being out may be burnt connectors. I hate games with the big security bar across the front. If you plan on keeping the game, you'll need to take it out and redecal the front, unless you like looking at it.

#7 2 years ago

In that condition definitely under $2000.

#8 2 years ago

Pretty sure someone has asked about this exact WCS in another price check thread as I recognize those exact pictures. So be extra careful. That thread was from a while ago so maybe the seller didn't budge on the price or the buyer discovered bad surprises when looking over the game and walked away.

#9 2 years ago

Pass. Like Lermods said, there is something wrong with it, so the seller saying it is fully working means basically nothing. Plus, with the long drive, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. It probably looks better in the pictures then it does in person. Things like mismatched flippers are also a warning that this machine probably isn't taken care of. Who knows what the boards look like.

Not sure where your location is, and for $2400, you should be able to get a nice WCS. You could even get a nice one shipped to you for not much more.

If you don't expect much and are okay with taking on a project, maybe offer like $1200 before even seeing it. It the guy wants to get rid of it, maybe you can score a nice deal.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure someone has asked about this exact WCS in another price check thread as I recognize those exact pictures. So be extra careful. That thread was from a while ago so maybe the seller didn't budge on the price or the buyer discovered bad surprises when looking over the game and walked away.

Thanks all for the responses. Yeah I already asked about wiggle room on price and the owner said he was firm. He said they're currently making money on location so he's in no hurry to sell. It's quite a drive to get there so I'm glad to have confirmation that he's asking too much and save myself a trip. Ill be passing on this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Boards
PCB Emporium
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Celina, TX
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aliso Viejo, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside