• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sb80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Found one available for $1300.

I've never played it and I've read mixed reviews so I'm not even sure if I'd like it, but that's another topic.

#2 11 years ago

Has that "Gottlieb feel" to it, so make sure you play it before you make up your mind...But 1300 is an average price +/- 100

#3 11 years ago

i got mine from eabundy for 900 , i love eabundy - no homo.

#4 11 years ago

One sold local for 1100, couple months back (MN)

#5 11 years ago

I had one near me for 900 also...just be mindful it's supposed to blow as a game, so again play it for at least 15 min to get a feel for it.

#6 11 years ago

$900-1100 seems to be the normal. $1300, better look like it just came out of the box.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks guys.

I don't think I'll be pursuring this. There are at least a couple dozen other pins I'd rather spend that kind of money on, and I really want my next one to be a B/W.

#8 11 years ago

I had the WW in MN. I bought it for $1000 routed. Had some dive hole wear and paint on pf around insert wear. Was in good shape though. I threw $300+ into it for fixes and such. Sold it for $1100. I actually miss the game. I love the Gottlieb feel and want another G game. If they want $1300 it better be mint.

#9 11 years ago

Yeah, $1300 seems high on that game. There are way better games you can pick up if you add a couple hundred bucks to the equation.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from cja41575:

Thanks guys.
I don't think I'll be pursuring this. There are at least a couple dozen other pins I'd rather spend that kind of money on, and I really want my next one to be a B/W.

Yes you can get a much better game for that cash. Truely, WW is just horrible.

#11 11 years ago

I've been looking for a good one for years. They don't exist in the UK really, and cost a lot more if you see one at all. Seems very hard to find one without wear along the mylar edge and around the flippers

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Truely, WW is just horrible.

I like this game. It gets a bad rap IMO. It might not be top ten but in no way would I call this machine horrible. The boat multi-ball is cool. I like the ramps. If the price was right I would pick one up. $1300 is high but less than $1000 and it should be considered.

#13 11 years ago

I wouldnt pay any more then $1000 max, and that better be mint.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I like this game. It gets a bad rap IMO.

Confessed Gottlieb non fan here so much of the hate I give this machine comes from that.
I've often wondered what a Gottlieb would "feel" like they had B/W or Stern flippers on them.
There was a WW near me for sale and heck I even started considering it. But Yeshewa, 4 minutes playing that game just made me walk away.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I like this game. It gets a bad rap IMO. It might not be top ten but in no way would I call this machine horrible. The boat multi-ball is cool. I like the ramps. If the price was right I would pick one up. $1300 is high but less than $1000 and it should be considered.

I like the game as well....even more than fish tales. So it's all a preference..... It actually has some depth but takes a bit to find it..

#16 11 years ago

#17 11 years ago

I like waterworld. I have one and find it to be entertaining. It's not a LOTR or anything super fancy but it's fun. I bought mine like 4 years ago for a $1000 and I still like it and it's in good shape. But it's not a super fast game like most of the stern games now.

#18 11 years ago

My god they do exist! A pinhead in central Illinois. Its like when Santa found out that the m&m things were real.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-waterworld and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.