Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by schwarz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Your advice on a very nice condition Whirlwind? Pin was "restored" (according to the individual selling) in Aug. 2011, where it was fully shopped. Hasn't seen a lot of plays since then, but cabinet and pf appear to be in VERY NICE condition with a working topper fan.

Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

If it is not DP version, I would guess $2000 might be the range +/-$250. Start adding for DP or NOS play field installed at time of 2011 restoration.

#3 10 years ago

My thoughts are that if/when you get tired of it, you should trade it to me

If it's really nice, EEE's suggestion of around $2k seems pretty reasonable. Players seem to go around $1500ish.

#4 10 years ago

Collin - If I'm not interested in it, would you be with a 2K price tag, assuming of course, you have an opportunity to see pictures?

#5 10 years ago

I would be interested, but honestly don't have any business spending the money at this point.

If you do pick it up and don't care for it, let me know! I'd be happy to trade my Dredd (plus or minus cash as appropriate) for it!

#6 10 years ago

Ya know WW is very popular.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Ya know WW is very popular.I sold my very nice WW twice for 2500 and once for 2250.Been doing pin deals for 25 years.All 3 fell through for various reasons.It happens.I know of a very nice DP example which sold for 3600.20 years ago a nice WW was 18 0r 1900.That said without seeing yours its hard to say.I will probably try again with mine as I need space however it will be missed for sure.

You sold the same game three times? Or do you mean you almost sold it?

Where did one sell for $3600? Was it a pristine, collector's quality game that was home use only?

20 years ago, the game was only 3 years old, and was still earning well enough on route to justify that price (assuming that's correct) as commercial equipment. Apples and oranges.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like Dustin is looking at a good deal, but I'm not sure your information is entirely accurate.

#8 10 years ago

Yeah, 2 years ago $1200 got you a nice players machine. A DP version sold locally for $1900 to an "extremely" motivated buyer. Put down the crack pipe...

#9 10 years ago

Dustin I might be interested if you decided to pass pending condition. Playfield is king to me though. Sent you a PM if you pass.

#10 10 years ago

Sold mine for $2,250 recently (non DP), was very nice and all working, no broken plastics. $2K+ for a nice one seems common right now, so if you can do any better than that go for it.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Yeah, 2 years ago $1200 got you a nice players machine. A DP version sold locally for $1900 to an "extremely" motivated buyer. Put down the crack pipe...

You mean motivated seller.We can throw numbers around all damn day.I could care less.And I get tested by the feds so no crack for me.Enjoy yours though.

#12 10 years ago

2000 is a fair price......

#13 10 years ago

I decided to pass on it based on the condition of playfield...but for someone who wants to put in a little time, the rest of it appears to be in good condition. Display/sound/system boards/no battery leakage/etc..all appear to be good in shape. It has one broken plastic, but I think it could be easily fixed. I just don't see 2K in it, but maybe to someone who really wants a Whirlwind...

The woman isn't aggressively marketing it...so if you want me to send you pictures I took, please send me a PM. The game is located in Normal, IL, and I have her permission to share contact information with anyone who might be interested after sending pictures.

Thanks for all the comments/participation in the thread!

#14 10 years ago

Hey Dustin, would you mind sending the pictures my way?

Based on what you're saying, I take it this isn't really in great condition, more a "player's condition" game at the moment?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Ya know WW is very popular.I sold my very nice WW twice for 2500 and once for 2250.Been doing pin deals for 25 years.All 3 fell through for various reasons.It happens.I know of a very nice DP example which sold for 3600.20 years ago a nice WW was 18 0r 1900.That said without seeing yours its hard to say.I will probably try again with mine as I need space however it will be missed for sure.

So what you're saying, is that you didn't ever sell your WW? Deals that fall through are not sales. Whoever bought the WW for 3600 is a moron, unless it was NIB.

#16 10 years ago

yep agreed

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

So what you're saying, is that you didn't ever sell your WW? Deals that fall through are not sales. Whoever bought the WW for 3600 is a moron, unless it was NIB.

Fully restored (New cab decals,ramps,plastics,boards,ect.)And a perfect DP playfield.Sorry about the misconception I assumed you could fiqure that out about falling through.Gotta stay away from these price threads.

#18 10 years ago

Slugmeister, when you say "I sold it three times, for $x, $y, and $z," and go on to tell some poorly-worded story about how the deals fell through, that's misleading at best. You didn't sell the game at any of those three prices, and that's an end of it.

#19 10 years ago

Holy **** you try to help someone fiqure something out,misword something thinking people will fiqure out what you were implying and you get the "Star Wars Boy" treatment.

#20 10 years ago

Bought my WW for $1500, shipped it for $400 plus $200 duty. I plan on installing new leds $250, repainting and repairing dings on the cabinet $50, new cabinet decals $300, new rubbers $25, new plastics $150, new cpr playfield with an additional 8 coats of kruzman clear $1400, new ramps $350, new topper $100, new backglass $275. That's a grand total of $5000 not including my time. Not planning on selling it but if I did I'd want $4000 and chances are people would laugh at me. Although I'm in Calgary; land of pin desperation so who knows.

#21 10 years ago

1500 for a fully working pin with decent cab and minimal wear on the PF and solid ramps.

Then just do the additional math for any upgrades (new PF, Ramps, etc).

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Bought my WW for $1500, shipped it for $400 plus $200 duty. I plan on installing new leds $250, repainting and repairing dings on the cabinet $50, new cabinet decals $300, new rubbers $25, new plastics $150, new cpr playfield with an additional 8 coats of kruzman clear $1400, new ramps $350, new topper $100, new backglass $275. That's a grand total of $5000 not including my time. Not planning on selling it but if I did I'd want $4000 and chances are people would laugh at me. Although I'm in Calgary; land of pin desperation so who knows.

Money put in, does not equal money you will get back when you sell. Just like cars and motorcycles.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

Money put in, does not equal money you will get back when you sell. Just like cars and motorcycles.

I will second that, and add that I am sure that there will be others like me who wouldn't sell theirs for a profit, or at a loss when considering the time and money put in making their _____ nice.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I will second that, and add that I am sure that there will be others like me who wouldn't sell theirs for a profit, or at a loss when considering the time and money put in making their ____ nice.

If selling a pin out of my collection I'm lucky if I break even on cost of parts which really is all I'm looking for as I do it for the love of it and not profiting. NEVER get paid for time unless it's a "commissioned" restoration and it's factored in the final price.

#25 10 years ago

schwarz said:

My point exactly, I'd be taking a $1000 loss for a pin that I don't want to sell. Probably $2000 if I did want to sell it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-very-nice-whirlwind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.