Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AF5FD9A5-6C9A-453B-9231-986B474CF76F (resized).jpeg
index (resized).jpg
20190215_093844 (resized).jpg
20190215_093334 (resized).jpg
20190215_093230 (resized).jpg
20190215_093201 (resized).jpg
20190215_093126 (resized).jpg
20190215_092947 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
twilight-zone-pinball-prototype3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

*JUST* because it's a sample doesn't mean anything. it's the *condition* as well. Assumign you got it in pristine condition? MAYBE $10k. Likely $9k, to the right buyer. And it'll take you a while to find the right buyer.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Sample means in a lot in this game. There are many differences and third magnet in not an easy thing to retrofit in. Add in that it is possibly the best game of all time and there are only 200 samples I think it means plenty on this title.

Obviously you don't know me, so I'll just say that, yeah, i have a sample.
And even with a sample, if the PF is trashed, you ain't going to get a lot for it. Like I said, condition still matters.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

... also I think the third magnet is not even plugged (or have a magnet) on sample. I leave Coyote to share his knowledge if he wants. (Best TZ and CV expert for me)

They weren't, unless you got a very, very early sample. (This would include sample games that had a 19-light Door Board with spaces for *all four* flashers.)

Since all the work is there, it's not difficult to do (already have two 7x opto boards, may have the 6th spot populated in the 8-drive high-power baord) - just buy optos, a magnet, and voila!

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Third magnet is seen in clock photo.
Magicchiz

Thats the core. After the first early samples, no magnet was installed, just the core. (Y'know, so the playfield didn't have a hole in it. )

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Can anyone document where a sample or proto game brought at least 10% more than fair market value of that title? I just never see it happen. And by the way, most sample games-those which were used for beta testing and earnings samples before general release-got abused by guys like my father and his friends in the 80s and 90s. They never kept the samples for the route. The samples always went back to the manufacturer and as soon as it left, we’d call the distributor and order 2-5 production games. Samples got abused and neglected and never cleaned or maintained.

Not always true, though it would depend on the game, and the agreement the operators had with the distributors, and distributors had with manufacturers.

Challenges Arcades down in Atlanta had an agreement that they would take test games - early samples - and submit problem and earning reports weekly. As 'reward', we could buy the games for a discount. We always did. Because why return it and buy 3 games at full price, when I could spend 2.5 games worth of money and get 3?

We had a sample TZ (now the one I own), WCS, Corvette, TOM, MK2, and... a couple others I can't recall at the moment.. all while I was there, and we kept them all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mantua, NJ
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside