Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Doctor6
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

What's a fair price for a TZ these days?
How do any mods factor into the value of the pin?

Things to look for in a TZ? Anything to avoid?

Thanks!

#3 11 years ago

They always seem to be $5,000-$6,000.

#4 11 years ago

Wait wait wait.... they don't always seem to be 5-6 thousand. on ebay, yes, they sit at that price and rot. A fair price for a very very nice TZ right now is about 4500. Two years or so ago, if I had said that, people would have spit out their water after reading that number, but that's what it's become. NICE one, I'm saying. Not faded to hell with credit dot. The condition really makes a big difference in price (as with all pins).

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wait wait wait.... they don't always seem to be 5-6 thousand. on ebay, yes, they sit at that price and rot. A fair price for a very very nice TZ right now is about 4500. Two years or so ago, if I had said that, people would have spit out their water after reading that number, but that's what it's become. NICE one, I'm saying. Not faded to hell with credit dot. The condition really makes a big difference in price (as with all pins).

+1

#6 11 years ago

If your looking to buy it's $4,500

if your looking to sell it's 5-6K.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Yes, that's about what I meant. I have seen a few on CL and eBay in my area. They were all $5,000. I think someone on here has a restored one at $6,000.

I would most likely trade SM for one if it showed up at my door.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Yes, that's about what I meant. I have seen a few on CL and eBay in my area. They were all $5,000. I think someone on here has a restored one at $6,000.

Don't do that!

#9 11 years ago

sm and tz are way different. I have them next to each other, great change of pace. I play TZ way more than sm though.

#10 11 years ago

No TZs at my door. I just checked.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Do installed mods affect what is considered a fair price for a TZ?
Seems to be that some of these TZ mods are relatively expensive.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Do installed mods affect what is considered a fair price for a TZ?
Seems to be that some of these TZ mods are relatively expensive.

Sort of, yes. The tasteful ones do increase the price a bit. But if you're asking if you slap a bunch of dolls in there, will you get $500 more for it, then no.

The under the door flasher, gumballs, gumball light, piano, third magnet, and maybe the rocket add-on are all what I would classify as tasteful. Throwing a TV showing little clips of the show in there, robots and long haired barbie dolls... not so much.

#13 11 years ago

I sold a very nice one about a month ago. Very little if any fade, no playfield wear, a couple mods (divertor magnet, flipper button leds, gumball machine balls) for $5000 locally.

#14 11 years ago

4.7K. Anything above 5K and they usually sit.

#15 11 years ago

What does the third magnet do? Diverter magnet?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

What does the third magnet do? Diverter magnet?

3rd magnet sits below the one on the RH side, it was in the prototype, but removed for production due to costs. I functions the same as the others except at certain times when the correct conditons are met it will load all 3 mags for multiball start. It also calls out the mags during "The Spiral: mode. Diverter magnet is just a magnet stuck to the diverter to keep the ball from bouncing out.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

3rd magnet sits below the one on the RH side, it was in the prototype, but removed for production due to costs. I functions the same as the others except at certain times when the correct conditons are met it will load all 3 mags for multiball start. It also calls out the mags during "The Spiral: mode. Diverter magnet is just a magnet stuck to the diverter to keep the ball from bouncing out.

Thanks Doot77!

#18 11 years ago

With the way the pinball market is these days... two month old info is not current enough.
Seems to me that the summer is one of the better times to buy a pinball machine. Things tend to
slow down this time of year so sellers may be willing to take less. No guarantees on that.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Throwing a TV showing little clips of the show in there, robots and long haired barbie dolls... not so much.

Add in maybe the Great lakes switch kit as a nice mod. Not gunna bump it up big but it's nice.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Looks like this is happening tomorrow.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Looks like this is happening tomorrow.

No Way! Nice! Congrats!

#22 11 years ago

I would trade my nice Indy for a nice TZ.

Any takers on my doorstep as well?

Edit: (Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your FS thread)

#23 11 years ago

Yeah... I accidently added it to my pinside collection already. So now it has to happen. Moral of the story = watch what you say on a message board because it may just happen.

#24 11 years ago

I was thinking I'd trade my Spiderman for a TZ too Stack15. Congrats. Maybe one will show up at my door next!

#25 11 years ago

I personally look for games without a lot of mods, that is ones that do not add any quality to the functioning of the game. But I know others love to get games all pimped out.

#26 11 years ago

I just did the opposite and traded TZ for a SM. It was my second TZ and I just couldn't get in to like I first did when I bought it. It's a great game but I found myself playing TRON all the time, so now it sits next to that and they look right together
One of the biggest deciding factors for me was, that I don't see SM for sale too often, compared to TZ and it's production run of over 15 thousand. They are just out there more.
No regrets here so far!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Moral of the story = watch what you say on a message board because it may just happen.

In that case i have a ngg been looking to trade for tz also in Ga so who knows hopefully it will happen and congrats stack15 on the tz !!!!!!!

#28 11 years ago

I owned a TZ, and bought it mostly because it was so highly looked upon. And, while it's a fine game, it's very over rated. Just doesn't have that "oh my god" factor that you would think a game so highly rated should have. Really a crappy wizard mode, if you want to be honest. Yes, there's a lot of things to do, but most of them are just modes modes modes. Modes that aren't exactly mind bending. Let's not forget how prone the clocks are to breaking, no matter how much you baby them. And don't get me started on the stupidest pop bumper placement of all time. A very fine game, but it should be only about a 2500 pin, tops. Sold mine, and haven't missed it at all. When I go to pinball expos and see it, I couldn't give one care to play it again.

#29 11 years ago

You are right about TZ being easy to find. I see one for sale in Georgia at least every month. I figure I may never see a SM for sale again but I think my Spider-Man excitement period is over. Every game isn't for every person.

I love T2 and it doesn't even have a Wizard Mode. TAF is my favorite game ever and I find getting to Wizard very exciting. I hear TAF and TZ are similar. So I should really like this game.

I received pictures of it and it looks good. I will make my own thread on it tomorrow.

#30 11 years ago

One just finished on ebay in seattle for 6K. Looked to be in very good condition small wear starting by rocket kickout though. and two mods slot machine and airplane.

I think I would almost rather go for NIB then 6K TZ.

Wish I was in this imaginary area where they still go for 4.5K in great shape.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

One just finished on ebay in seattle for 6K. Looked to be in very good condition small wear starting by rocket kickout though. and two mods slot machine and airplane.

I bought mine for 4.5K a couple months ago with an extra set of boards and my buddy bought one for 5.5 recently a little nicer than mine.
His needed a 20 dollar part, mine needed 500 in parts.
Thems Californy prices.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I sold a HUO TZ a few months back for 4500 in amazing shape. Where were you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 132.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-tz-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.