View topic image gallery

TZfin 008-294.jpg
20131204_145856[1].jpg
twilight zone (8).JPG
PB190041.JPG
twilight zone (11).JPG
twilight zone (10).JPG
#1 10 years ago

What would you all pay for a nice TZ with mods and LED's? Don't ask me what mods -- I don't know for sure. But I have an opportunity to get ahold of a nice one and I'm just trying to get an idea of what price range they would be in.

Thanks!
Derek

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

What would you all pay for a nice TZ with mods and LED's? Don't ask me what mods -- I don't know for sure. But I have an opportunity to get ahold of a nice one and I'm just trying to get an idea of what price range they would be in.
Thanks!
Derek

4.5-5K for a stock base game working and goes up from there.

#4 10 years ago

5K to $5500 max

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

5K to $5500 max

How many of these games have you rebuilt and modded?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

How many of these games have you rebuilt and modded?

Yes, I suck at tech/modding.

But I do know that I have seen TZ's in the SoCal area for $5500 with mods.

#7 10 years ago

$5k min.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yes, I suck at tech/modding.
But I do know that I have seen TZ's in the SoCal area for $5500 with mods.

Depends on the mods, you may have seen one go for 55 but that is hardly the max.

FF sound
GLM low profile switches
Frystack robot
T.V
LEDs
Weldments
Piano mod
Slot mod
Spiral ramp
MPF lamp
Ong lighted shooter rod
Door flasher mod
New translite
3rd magnet
Prox sensor upgrade
Clock housing and board upgrade
Reinforced slot scoop target
Backbox door mod and the list goes on.
Your 55 max is way off, the OP doesn't know what mods the game has that is why I gave him Ca. base game prices.
I saw one of these games restored and modded go for 9K.
You wouldn't get mine for 55.
I have bought 3 base games in the last two years all of them between 45-48 hundred with no mods.

#9 10 years ago

I have a funny feeling you are going for the pin I am thinking about but I am shoting for the stars I got a HEP TZ I am m dreaming about.

#10 10 years ago

Crazy! I've never paid over $3K for any pin that's not NIB. & I've been reluctant to buy at 3!

#11 10 years ago

I paid 4900 and mine ain't got nothing on it and that's the way I like it but if I was you id get one of those ones for three thousand

#12 10 years ago

I am going to go for $7500 to to $8500 going for perfection gonna find it too. Getting close .

Nice TZ totally shopped inside and out $6000 grand all day long. New cab decals and some mods $7000.

Crazy nice restore $9000 ready to buy pm me .

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am going to go for $7500 to to $8500 going for perfection gonna find it too. Getting close .
Nice TZ totally shopped inside and out $6000 grand all day long. New cab decals and some mods $7000.
Crazy nice restore $9000 ready to buy pm me .

I paid $7900 no mods (perfection) low play from a guy that had it in his $3 million home, I say that only to explain that he really didn't need play it..it was a toy.. was professionally serviced every year. I know of another that sold for $7500 from a serious collector about a month ago. Finding them "available" like this is difficult. They truly are like NIB.I know of one other that has less then 250 plays..that guy, ain't ever selling, but said he wouldn't value it less then 10k. Hep and treasure cove are even more...but, I enjoy owning a totally original, without 1 single thing done to it.(no mods). Unmolested. I enjoy having one of the best games ever made..I may not be able to afford a highly priced collectable car...but, I feel lucky & proud to be able to own a TZ like this..in the hobby I love.
Good luck!

#14 10 years ago

Mods or no mods, condition is key. Check the shooter lane, slot kickout, rocket kickout, town square, and mini playfield for wear spots and planking. Make sure everything works, clock and all. No credit dot surprises. Check for raised inserts in the door area, too. If all these areas get a nice passing grade, then $5k+, all day long. Just how nice all those areas are determines how much that "+" is actually worth.

Mods may be worth money, but they have to be ones you like. If someone doesn't like, and therefore want, Robby the Robot, the T-Bird, the street light, the slot machine, gumballs, or whatever else in their TZ, they're not going to necessarily agree to a higher price just because all that stuff in there. I know I wouldn't. The game could have all the mods in the world but if it's dirty, has broken plastics and scoops, coils not firing, and generally doesn't play right, it ain't worth jack.

#15 10 years ago

I've seen a few that appear stock in and around Az lately in the area of $4500-$4900. They both looked pretty nice with no real cabinet fade. I think the prices of games are slowly starting to come back to earth. We will see.

#16 10 years ago

I have one that's in really nice shape with clock on min pf, in the zone, gumballs, robot with leds and rocket for somewhere around $5500 I'd let it go for. To give you an idea I suppose

#17 10 years ago

if its in nice shape feel good about handing over about 5 g's but coming to the conclusion that your going to hold off until the prices come down especially on this title is probably in the end just silly

#18 10 years ago

I got one with mods, no fade and a playfield that has 3rd magnet that has been clearcoated. no way I let it go for $5K. Might have to let it go soon though.

twilight zone (10).JPGtwilight zone (10).JPGtwilight zone (11).JPGtwilight zone (11).JPGPB190041.JPGPB190041.JPGtwilight zone (8).JPGtwilight zone (8).JPG20131204_145856[1].jpg20131204_145856[1].jpg

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I've seen a few that appear stock in and around Az lately in the area of $4500-$4900. They both looked pretty nice with no real cabinet fade. I think the prices of games are slowly starting to come back to earth. We will see.

I want one someday in AZ. Keep me updated. Just don't know if sooner or way later down the road unless it's something that can't be pasted up.

#20 10 years ago

Greatest game ever. $5500 to $6000

#21 10 years ago

I just sold mine with a full led kit for $4300

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from katoskave:

I just sold mine with a full led kit for $4300

Sup natey boy? You behaving yourself around here?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Crazy! I've never paid over $3K for any pin that's not NIB. & I've been reluctant to buy at 3!

Then let me know when you want to sell your Addams for less than $3K. LOL! It's my holy grail pin. And the way I'm going, I'll never own one.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Then let me know when you want to sell your Addams for less than $3K. LOL! It's my holy grail pin. And the way I'm going, I'll never own one.

Just hang in there. It WILL happen. Only a matter of time. Took me many years to get the right one at the right price(okay a screaming deal), but it happened.

#25 10 years ago

I paid $4,850 for a really nice one with a lot of mods (slot machine, gumball machine, piano mod, Robbie the robot, T-Bird) and am thrilled to have gotten it. Nice pin. I also paid $5,500 total for both a nice I500 and a below average TZ (that I traded straight up for a SS with faded cabinet). So if I value the I500 at $2K (which is probably low because it is a nice example) that would mean I got that TZ for $3,500 but that was not a great example so is not relevant. So I would say between $4.5K-$5.5K depending on the mods and assuming it is a really nice example but not collector quality or high end restore which can go for A LOT more and rightfully so.

Bottomline....look around and jump on a nice one for $4.5K would be my advice !!! You should be able to find one and try to keep it local and save on shipping and you will be fine....don't see this game selling for below $4K for a long time if ever so you can't get hurt at $4.5K if you get a nice example.....pay a little more depending on the mods if you like mods.

#26 10 years ago

I paid 45 for mine semi working, the owner screwed a lot of it up not knowing what he was doing.
It had a Rottendog CPU and driver but he kept the matching boardset and that came with it.
I put the original boards back in it and sold the Rottendogs.
The problem with the game was the varistor.
Game was filthy and had the original rubber on it, a diamond in the rough.

TZfin 008-294.jpgTZfin 008-294.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Trace.....nice example.....you just can't really get hurt much paying $4.5K for a nice TZ even assuming we are in an inflated environment. You can play it for a couple of years and should always be able to get approximately $4K for a nice one especially if NIB keep being made and going for $7K....a TZ should always be worth more then 50% of a NIB in my opinion....so your downside risk is minimal on that purchase and with the fun you will have if you lose $500-$1,000 when you go to sell it

Good job........I love TZ one of my favorite games that will never leave my collection because the show was my favorite as a kid !!!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Trace.....nice example.....you just can't really get hurt much paying $4.5K for a nice TZ even assuming we are in an inflated environment. You can play it for a couple of years and should always be able to get approximately $4K for a nice one especially if NIB keep being made and going for $7K....a TZ should always be worth more then 50% of a NIB in my opinion....so your downside risk is minimal on that purchase and with the fun you will have if you lose $500-$1,000 when you go to sell it
Good job........I love TZ one of my favorite games that will never leave my collection because the show was my favorite as a kid !!!

I have had it a couple years, did a complete teardown and took it to PAGG for test playing.
Turned down an offer for 6K for it, this one never gets old and is a keeper.
This one popped up on Mr. Pinball two blocks away from me, they guy got a couple better offers but I emailed him first and he stuck to the deal we made.
My buddy was looking for one and called all exited and wanted me to go look at it with him before it was gone, I told him come on by it is sitting in the shop ready for teardown.
I had to find another one for him, he got a real nice example from Rob T. here on the group.

#29 10 years ago

Well it is always nice to hear good stories....nice of you to help out your friend as well. Some people don't like this game because of the "stop and go" but for me I like a nice mix of pins so it fits in nicely.....I have SM which is the king of flow...LOL.....mixing up a collection between OLD AND NEW and flow and stop and go just makes sense to me.....I like variety.....well in pinball machines......in woman I found the best so no variety needed....LOL !!! Hopefully, she reads this and stops bugging me to "skinny down my collection" as it was up to 16 but she has pressured me to get it down so I am down to 12 but she wants me to go to 10 as she feels that is plenty of pins.....she keeps telling me "you can only play one at a time why do you need so many"....LOL !!! If it was up to me I would have 20 pins as I think that is a nice round number !!!! But she would say so is 10 !!! Lucky she is fine with me having 10 as they say "a happy wife is a happy life"....so true !!! Not worth having a war and 10 is a fair compromise !!! Funny thing is she doesn't care if it is 10 $1K machines or 10 $10K machines she just tells me 10 is the limit....she never even asked what they cost.....too funny !!!!

#30 10 years ago

If you keep looking. There are some decent 4500 dollar TZ's out there.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Just hang in there. It WILL happen. Only a matter of time. Took me many years to get the right one at the right price(okay a screaming deal), but it happened.

If I had a TZ, and Addams and a DE Star Wars I'd probably quit buying. I say that because I don't have a TZ, an Addams or a DE Star Wars. But, those for sure are 3 I just have to have some day.

#32 10 years ago

with LED's 3k. Without 4k +. LED's and mods don't mean shit. A lot of the mods look terrible. There are very select few that are very nice. LED's don't look good in TZ. it's kinda like LOTR, better without I think. the most important part for me if it's original cabinet or redecalled. If so, faded or not? there are a TON of TZ's made. More than enough to go around. Everyone that has been collecting for awhile either has owned TZ or currently owned it. No shortage of them. I don't think TZ's are going for 5k anymore. 8 months ago, sure, but not anymore.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think TZ's are going for 5k anymore. 8 months ago, sure, but not anymore.

You can even go to "Sold" listings on Ebay and see that your thinking isn't in line with reality...and those are just average players..(5 above $5k in last 2 months) except one that sold for $6599 sept 26 2013 w/ 1 mod(rocket)

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tz-in-lititz-pa-5500
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-very-nice-twilight-zone-huo-since-late-90s2000s-louisville-ky

Oh wait! these are facts.(which may or may not taken as true or without scrutiny. I am not a attorney or spokesman)

#34 10 years ago

I don't use ebay as a price barometer. It (ebay stats) feels like retail for some reason.

Quoted from ShinyBall:You can even go to "Sold" listings on Ebay and see that your thinking isn't in line with reality

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from rad:

I don't use ebay as a price barometer. It (ebay stats) feels like retail for some reason.

I don't either..but it is a quick fact check... a "sold" is a Sold .
retail doesn't count?? The guys here that have a retail business are going to be disappointed.and enlightened.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

If I had a TZ, and Addams and a DE Star Wars I'd probably quit buying. I say that because I don't have a TZ, an Addams or a DE Star Wars. But, those for sure are 3 I just have to have some day.

My third grail is FH. After that, I can be "done buying". At least, that's what I like to tell myself....

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

After that, I can be "done buying".

Keep on dreaming. Like many of us, you will never be done buying.

#38 10 years ago

Only worth 3000 now sell me one

#39 10 years ago

Did any one mention this is the the numer1 top rated pinball evvvvvvvver evvvvvvvver but I don't agree so sell me one for 2000

#40 10 years ago

I don't like it but my baby loves it so how bout 1000

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Did any one mention this is the the numer1 top rated pinball evvvvvvvver evvvvvvvver but I don't agree so sell me one for 2000

700 bucks by Christmas and shipping will kill the deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-twilight-zone-tz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.