(Topic ID: 40723)

Price check Twilight Zone (my "screw light special")

By houseofpin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Alright gang....never a dull moment with me around.

So what did I buy today. I bought a Twilight Zone with the following:

Decent cabinets (light fade) with a little damage on the backglass side cabinet.

Playfield had the normal wear where the ball drops but overall 8/10 condition.

Clock and Gumball machine working fine

But here is the KICKER...some idiot put a screw behind the flippers (made his own
post....yes, he made the Twilight Zone a FU****** Spiderman.....it is funny
if you think about it.....now there is just a screw that doesn't effect play...almost
flush with the playfield behind the flippers...NO EFFECT on game play).

So guys what would you pay......I wouldn't bias you with what I paid until tomorrow
night....my "screw light special"....un****believable these people !!!

#2 11 years ago

I'd give you 3 cents for the screw.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Now that was funny !!!! Thanks for a good laugh !!!

That will knock down the number of plays at 75 cents a play to 5,039.95 to break-even.

I only have to play it 20 times a week for like 5 years then !!!! Since I don't work I can

probably to that !!!

#5 11 years ago

3700 is what I would try to pay

#6 11 years ago

I'll go with Herb on this one I would start at 3,200 go to 3,700 depending on inspection of the complete game.

#7 11 years ago

Replace the screws with pinball hardware, a medium shop out,(1 day) and you should see $4000,
with "added not stock hardware". The buyer can decide on further, full resto.
My 2 cent turn of the screw....

#8 11 years ago

Thanks guys......I paid $5,500 for a nice Indy 500 (needs to be shopped) and the Twilight Zone....honest to god my guess was $3,500-$3,700 for the Twilight "screw light special) and $1,800-$2,000 for the Indy 500 so I didn't do too bad for a "rookie" and it was local to boot so that is why I paid that. So basically I paid $3,600 for the "screw light special" and $1,900 for the Indy 500 which I felt since it was local made sense.

I don't know what pinball hardware is....the screw is behind the flippers and it is one screw (like I said they must have put in a "post" like Spiderman).

Any other thoughts welcome....at least I have a great story.....what idiot customizes a Twilight Zone and tries to make it a semi-Spiderman !!!! He probably got better scores....it is kinda funny if you think about it....he truly just wanted to enjoy it and cared nothing about the value which is kinda neat....the guy who customized it must have been like "hey, I wanted it to have a post" so I will put one in !!! Unbelievable....that god he didn't have a MM....who knows what he would have tried to do to that one or a CC.

#9 11 years ago

Hey can you add pics? That will help solve the screw issue. I wouldn't sweat it too much. You did fine overall. In terms of what to do, that's your call. Personally I'd leave the screw if it's not effecting game play. When/If you decide to sell or restore I'd address it then.

#10 11 years ago

pull the post, and fill in the hole. -50 bucks

#11 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice....doesn't effect game play one bit. Basically, I took off $500 off the price as I had no clue what it did to value....figured that should be about right....if it had minimal effect then I did great because we were loading it up when good ole Tom noticed "the screw" and back to the negotiating table we went.....I just knew it didn't increase value so I took off what I thought it decreased value by....the game was a fair deal at $4,200 without the screw in our opinion....with the screw that he put in to make a post (or someone did probably the guy he bought it from is my guess as he didn't ever notice it and truly I doubt I would have !!!). So if the pin post behind the flippers is not that big a deal I did great because I was taking it away for $4,200 feeling that was "fair value" in the shape it was in.

#12 11 years ago

You should post a picture of it so we can commiserate! But, if you deducted $500 for the screw, that's pretty good considering it'd probably cost you that or just a little more to send it off to be restored and clearcoated.

#13 11 years ago

Thats what my buddy said.......are thoughts exactly !!! However, I will leave it like that and will probably look for a playfield and keep it in storage....if the day ever comes when I want to sell it I will sell the extra playfield was my thought process. It doesn't bother me....plus maybe I put the post back and make it "customized".....damn, that will help my scores !!! It really is funny when you think about it. Only could happen to me. I started at $3,500 (deducted $700) but we met at $3,700....hey, was worth a shot !!!

I don't have the machine here but it is just a small screw behind the flippers....truly, I didn't notice it and at first my friend didn't notice it......then as we were packing it up he said "what is that screw doing there".....hey, the guy never thought anything of it as if you don't know it shouldn't be there you truly wouldn't question it....it doesn't effect any of the play.

#14 11 years ago

I think you got a fair deal. Congrats on the pick up!

#15 11 years ago

So did I and this was the one I really wanted....and it was local to boot !!!! No driving 5 hours one way like I did last week to pick up my HUO Spiderman. I am thrilled....Twilight Zone was my favorite show as a kid....as well as one of my favorite rides down in Orlando, Florida !!! Great ride....right next to the Aerosmith Rock N Roll Coaster that is cool !!!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

So did I and this was the one I really wanted....and it was local to boot !!!! No driving 5 hours one way like I did last week to pick up my HUO spiderman. I am thrilled....Twilight Zone was my favorite show as a kid....as well as one of my favorite rides down in Orlando, Florida !!! Great ride....right next to the Aerosmith Rock N Roll Coaster that is cool !!!

Really i prefer the hulk coaster and a few others befor rip ride rocket tho i do like that one

#17 11 years ago

So, when you noticed the screw in the play field had you already paid the man or had you just agreed on a price with no money changing hands yet?

Dave

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

So, when you noticed the screw in the play field had you already paid the man or had you just agreed on a price with no money changing hands yet?
Dave

Agreed at $4,200 no money changed hands and then "holy SH**" and I just told him we have a problem....my friend caught it as we were packing up the machine. So, what ended up happening is we did a package deal....$5,500 for a nice INDY 500 and the "screw light special" as I think he needed over $4,000 to finish his re-modeling because when we got there the INDY 500 was "off the table".....it went on the table real quick and we were all too happy to take it. The way I looked at it if my friend wasn't there I would have somehow missed it and paid $4,200 so thanks to him I got a nice Indy 500 (really nice) for $1,300 and that is a real good price....you can't beat that.....not in this area !!! Even at $4,200 with the screw it probably would not have been the "end of the world" not like you can find too many Twilight Zone's under $4k anyway and it seems that most people feel the screw in that place wasn't a deal breaker and the clock and gumball machine worked....playfield was probably an 8 and cabinets were an 8 so it was in good to very good shape.....so he probably would have gotten $4k with the screw in this area....so I figured $1,500 for the Indy would make it worth the risk....how bad could I have gotten burned $500 tops....risk was minimal I felt.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Hey can you add pics?

Quoted from Miguel351:

You should post a picture of it so we can commiserate!

can we see the screw ?

#20 11 years ago

I think you got lucky that you hadn't exchanged cash yet. A lot of times, money changes hands before games are loaded.

Good for you though as it sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

Lesson for everyone - bring along an extra pair of eyes, it could save you money!

Dave

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

So did I and this was the one I really wanted....and it was local to boot !!!!

That's the way my TZ was. I picked it up two blocks away from where I work and it was the cheapest one I've seen in California for a loooooong time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 12.95
$ 132.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-twilight-zone-my-screw-light-special and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.