Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just wondering what a tz would possibility sell for in dam near perfect condition with mods .has few scuffs on head that about it and no fade its a undocumented huo.also has a bunch of mods which include Cointaker LED's,Piano Mod,TV mod,,Ingo Clock mod w rainbow color changers,Blue clock houseing,back playfield light,back playfield decal,Gumballs added,Gumball light mod,Spiral sign,Cointaker Door color changing lights in translight,Interactive undercabinet and back box LED lighting,Full Plastic protectors,Wired for subwoofer,Mirror Blades and I know there are more but you get the idea also new rubbers and playfield is perfect as far as I can see so there you go .

#2 9 years ago

No lower than 7k and maybe past 8k easily.

Rule of thumb right now routed TZ's are going for 5000-6000 or more so you add in all the mods which adds up you can easily climb up there.

Some may say lower but the ones I have seen sold have been up there for nice modded ones.

#3 9 years ago

I have all that stuff and if someone wants to offer $7-8K let me know.

#4 9 years ago

Yea thats why im wondering they say you really cant charge for mods as they are add ons that someone may not want that being said what would just the machine sell for in excellent condition without the mods?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea thats why im wondering they say you really cant charge for mods as they are add ons that someone may not want that being said what would just the machine sell for in excellent condition without the mods?

If you wanted to get rid of it fast then you don't charge, but there are buyers who will pay so if you wait you will no doubt get it eventually.

TZ mods add up and a lot of one offs that are hard to find.

#7 9 years ago

sold mine without most of that stuff but in very nice condition and LEDs for $5,600. It sat for about 3 weeks.

#8 9 years ago

I have a very nice TZ that came off a route. Cleaned up beautifully. The playfields on these machines really hold up well, keeping in character with the widebodies of this era. With a working clock and LEDs, these should go in the mid-5K range. I'm hoping mine does, anyway

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ThePinCollector:

No lower than 7k and maybe past 8k easily.

8k seems pretty high. There are four of them sitting in the marketplace right now. I understand it's in great condition, but there were 15 thousand of these units produced. Maybe you could get lucky if you waited long enough, but I have a feeling you'll be waiting a long time at that price.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just wondering what a tz would possibility sell for in dam near perfect condition with mods .has few scuffs on head that about it and no fade its a undocumented huo.also has a bunch of mods which include Cointaker LED's,Piano Mod,TV mod,,Ingo Clock mod w rainbow color changers,Blue clock houseing,back playfield light,back playfield decal,Gumballs added,Gumball light mod,Spiral sign,Cointaker Door color changing lights in translight,Interactive undercabinet and back box LED lighting,Full Plastic protectors,Wired for subwoofer,Mirror Blades and I know there are more but you get the idea also new rubbers and playfield is perfect as far as I can see so there you go .

Hey Big D. I actually know the owner and he is a straight shooter and you can't go wrong buying from him. That being said I would just go visit him and the machine as he is only an hour from you and I can say from experience you will meet a great guy and even if you don't buy he is someone that you can network with as he is always helping people out in the area.

#11 9 years ago

Also as someone who has restored a TZ this guys is as nice as he says it is. Make an appointment and go visit and play all his machines as he has done lots of great upgrades and won't care if you buy or make an offer or just want to check it out.

#12 9 years ago

Cool I like to meet nice people in my area that are into the hobby like me

#13 9 years ago

I'm sorry, I completely disagree. A decent routed TZ is around $4,500. Heavily modded, maybe $5,500, but even that's pretty high. I had a SUPER nice TZ, very heavily modded with old school mods, not the cheesey ones they are putting out these days and got about $5,200. I probably could have gotten more, but no way it's a $7K game.

Rainbow color changers in the clock?? Who wants that??

Also, you can't just list the mods, most all of them went through lots of revisions and knock off's, some are better than others.

Quoted from ThePinCollector:

Rule of thumb right now routed TZ's are going for 5000-6000 or more

#14 9 years ago

super nice ones go for $6500 max here and that will take a while to sell

#15 9 years ago

Ok cool so all over the place lol and of course everybody has different numbers that they would pay but in the end condition is king and this one is a super nice survivor

#16 9 years ago

Just paid 7k for one, tons of mods and improvements and have to ship it, but a guy locally wanted 8 for his and its not even close to the one I picked up.....and after all the machines I've been through and modding if those are there already and that's what u want they do add up pretty quick....

#17 9 years ago

If anyone has one please PM me,
I am currently looking for a nice one, Pref local to NY/NJ but will pay for shipping for the right machine,

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Just paid 7k for one, tons of mods and improvements and have to ship it, but a guy locally wanted 8 for his and its not even close to the one I picked up.....and after all the machines I've been through and modding if those are there already and that's what u want they do add up pretty quick....

I paid $6100 ( a couple months ago ) for mine and I thought that was a fair price for both of us. Ive added more mods myself and now re-done the clock with the board from the guy in Germany. Game has around $2k in mods now, if I put it for sale Id be asking $7+ to start. But hey, thats more related to our market too!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I just ordered mine. Some like it original, some dont. To me, its pinball, mod it and have fun making it look differant.

#20 9 years ago

Yes this one has that upgraded clock I like it and all the other mods so ill gladly pay more for something I would have put on anyway eventually

#21 9 years ago

"no way it's a 7k game"
hmmm,
I do hate to use ebay as a reference...but under "sold" listings

ebay.com link: Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Used

ebay.com link: Bally TWILIGHT ZONE Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

and these ain't perfect

Edit: These are almost 8k...so he may be right about that 7k thing

#23 9 years ago

Wow..... I'm feeling pretty good now about the one I got for 4000 two weeks ago. Not MODDED,but it has a full LED kit, and the owner threw in a Dynamo air hockey table.

#24 9 years ago

They are sweet machines it would cost probably 7 or more to remake one at todays prices

#25 9 years ago

How much for one in mint condition with a clear coated pf?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not necessarily an advocate of the rainbow changers in the clock. But to each his own. Some like them some don't.

#27 9 years ago

Just sold mine on Ebay for $5987, loaded and in beautiful condition. But I wanted an easy sale where both parties were happy. Description was generous, when someone shells out that much site unseen, I would rather them be pleasantly surprised, rather then shocked about what details were withheld.

ebay.com link: Twilight Zone Pinball Machine 1993 Williams 1 Pinball Machine of all time

#28 9 years ago

You can quote Ebay sales prices all day long, This isn't Ebay. If you want to put it on Ebay and take the risk of the buyer screwing you out of your money and dealing with the BS then maybe.

However, just because a game sold, we don't know for sure that the transactions actually went through. I've sold plenty of stuff on Ebay where the buyer welshed after winning the auction.

However, I am sure there are people selling the game for $6K, $7K etc. But you can buy one a lot cheaper as well.

Quoted from ShinyBall:

"no way it's a 7k game"
hmmm,
I do hate to use ebay as a reference...but under "sold" listings

ebay.com link » Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Used

ebay.com link » Bally Twilight Zone Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

and these ain't perfect

Edit: These are almost 8k...so he may be right about that 7k thing

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just sold mine on Ebay for $5987, loaded and in beautiful condition. But I wanted an easy sale where both parties were happy. Description was generous, when someone shells out that much site unseen, I would rather them be pleasantly surprised, rather then shocked about what details were withheld.
ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Machine 1993 Williams 1 Pinball Machine Of All Time

Nice machine and I think thats a great deal with everything you had done to it

#30 9 years ago

So a routed machine in decent condition is around 4200 to 5200 and a super nice possible huo is 5200 to 6500 and one with a ton of mods could go even higher if its something the buyer would want

#31 9 years ago

7 - 8k???? You guys are high

#32 9 years ago

There is one in Houston for $5500. I seen it in person. Pretty nice game.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fst-tz-5500-houston-tx

#33 9 years ago

I have a nice TZ in the Market. It was routed but it's super clean. All LEDs, including the troublesome clock. 100% workingWilling to work with a trade if it's a machine I'm interested in. Look up the Add in the marketplace and PM me if you're interested. I won't spam your thread with the add.

#34 9 years ago

Haha. Thanks for the mention, Maniac, beat me to posting

#35 9 years ago

No problem, jwo825. Hope you get an Indy soon.

#36 9 years ago

do mods really help up the value? i've heard it's hard to get back what you pay for mods. i'm making my own camera and gumball mods since i have a bunch of spare LEDs and resistors laying around.

#37 9 years ago

do mods really help up the value? i've heard it's hard to get back what you pay for mods. i'm making my own camera and gumball mods since i have a bunch of spare LEDs and resistors laying around.

I don't think mods help much. It may make it easier to sell but not to increase the value a whole lot.

#38 9 years ago

It really depends on the buyer. I'm not a fan of them and I would not pay for them. I'd rather have them taken off for the sale. Exceptions being LED bulbs and a color DMD

#39 9 years ago

I mean im willing to pay more for a machine that has the mods done to it as I would probably buy them myself so its nice that its done for me ,, but others may not pay more for them . I was just trying to see how much these machines sell for with or without however the machine in houston in the above post is nice.the one im looking at is even nicer its dam near perfect just a scuff on the head and all orgainal boards and everything and lots of add ons.so im thinking its worth 6000 without the mods .

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

7 - 8k???? You guys are high

Well, since someone just paid 7K for one, Guess not.

#41 9 years ago

2 in st. louis right now for under 5200

#42 9 years ago

What condition tho ?

#43 9 years ago

Generally, TZ's are usually in decent shape. They didn't get played to death on route like AF's did. Of course there are beaters out there, but IMO finding a nice AF with no mansion wear or magnet burn is a lot bigger deal than finding a nice TZ, even though they made more AF's.

Quoted from bigd1979:

What condition tho ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 49.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 79.50
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Led
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.