New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273022)

Price Check: TSPP

By DakotaMike

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by RTS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

00y0y_9aA3xCUttH7_0ww0oo_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00H0H_cY1aqYWqPcQ_0ww0oo_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00101_lEldk8Fs1IR_0ww0oo_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

Seller is asking for upper-mid 4's on price. Am I crazy for considering this guy? Would any of you buy a TSPP with decals this bad? And if so, what would you pay? I don't normally care too much about the cab, but the wear is so bad it's almost gross-looking. And I move through a lot of pins, so I wouldn't want trouble on the resale. But it's a very fun game, and the PF seems decent; however the pics are pretty small so it's hard to tell.

Any help would be appreciated!

00101_lEldk8Fs1IR_0ww0oo_1200x900 (resized).jpg00H0H_cY1aqYWqPcQ_0ww0oo_1200x900 (resized).jpg00y0y_9aA3xCUttH7_0ww0oo_1200x900 (resized).jpg
#2 4 months ago

If the decals are that worn just presume you’re gonna have to replace more than the decals! Seems a touch high to me.

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

If the decals are that worn just presume you’re gonna have to replace more than the decals! Seems a touch high to me.

You can tell I'm on a pin hunt! Pricewise, it's kinda like I'd rather just pay an extra 300 or 400 to get one without bad decals. But if I got him down low enough....

#4 4 months ago

thats been well used. I curently have a HUO TSPP with great decals and colordmd for 5800, so i wouldnt pay mid 4s for that one

#5 4 months ago

It's hard to find one in Cali for mid 4K or lower but this would definitely be a hard resale, IMO

#6 4 months ago

Looks like a badly faded and worn silk-screened, not decaled, cabinet. You could install decals to make it look much better but for most collectors a decaled cabinet is worth a lot less than an original silk screened one. I’d wait for a nicer one where you can at least cover the flipper button wear with nuclear side rails.

#7 4 months ago

I had one with a ratty cabinet like that and I had trouble getting $4k for. It think it’s sold around $3700?

Was a few years ago. But yeah don’t buy that. There’s a Ton of those around be more patient.

#8 4 months ago

Not decals, that is paint .

#9 4 months ago

I've seen better looking machines in the mid 5's. I'm also searching for a TSPP machine. Unfortunately I'm getting sellers contacting me that want over 6k. No way in hell I'm paying that much for a Simpsons.

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

I've seen better looking machines in the mid 5's. I'm also searching for a TSPP machine. Unfortunately I'm getting sellers contacting me that want over 6k. No way in hell I'm paying that much for a Simpsons.

Well, compared to what is produced today, it is heads and shoulders above. Code, toys, shots, quality, serviceability. I’ve always been a little surprised why this game traded in the upper 4s, low 5s. Lotr trades above 6 now, tspp is every bit as good or better if you favor the theme. I think what’s kept price down is that there are usually a lot of them around.

This game as shown should be in the upper 3s. Hard to tell, but is it worn to wood in the right inlane?

Caveat: I own one, but it’s never going to be for sale. original owner since 2003.

#11 4 months ago

That cab looks like SHIT. I wouldn't pay that much for this one in particular.

#12 4 months ago

Seller offered to go as low as $4300. But it sold before I could go down and take a look at it in person. So there you go. Found a nice SW Comic Pro for a similar price instead.

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Seller offered to go as low as $4300. But it sold before I could go down and take a look at it in person. So there you go. Found a nice SW Comic Pro for a similar price instead.

You did very well not buying that TSPP.

Keep your eyes out and you'll find one in better condition for a comparable price.

In my opinion, it's one of the best games ever. It shines the brightest in a home environment.

The game opens up as you get better. So many different strategic ways to play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
6,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Clermont, FL
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside