Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a first run Tron pro on location. It's in very good shape all around. Currently has chicks translite in it. Only mods are a working display in the Tron video game toy, cliffy, and a laseriffic topper. Games is clean, plays great and is 100% error free. Someone is trying to purchase the game from me and I am not up to speed on current Tron sales prices. What's the range on this one? Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

I would say start at $6,500 and see what kind of offers you get. The game has a following and I'd say its highly sought after. I've had people PM me asking to buy my Tron and its not listed for sale.

#3 5 years ago

I sold a HUO one not that long ago for 6300. I believe you could get a bit more for a HUO one now. Routed though, it's a tough call without pics. I've seen a few beat to death routed Tron Pros.

#4 5 years ago

Hey Mike!

I agree, low $6Ks is a good place to start depending on condition. There are probably less unmodded Trons out there than not, but the arcade is a desirable add-on.

I traded my modded HUO Tron years ago for TF LE.

#5 5 years ago

I sold a LOADED HUO Pro for $6500 years ago. Had the opportunity to buy it back but truly, had my fill.

I would personally never pay more than $5500 for routed one, but it just depends how bad you want it. With resale, it'll never be HUO, and that means something to buyers.

No lighted ramps either.

#6 5 years ago

I also had a chance 4 weeks ago to buy back my 3rd run, huo girls translite, shaker, speakers, arcade and Flynn sign, lit cycles , timebandits fiber ramps, and invisiglass for 6600. I passed on it but it just sold. Im pretty sure tron will be rerun shortly.
    No way SHOULD anyone pay 6k + for a routed practically stock tron. Are there people here that have more money than brains... yup... so you never know. Good luck!

#7 5 years ago

5k...will sell in an hour

#8 5 years ago

And at $6k in a day.

#9 5 years ago

Seems to range from about 6k to infinity here on Pinside.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I sold a LOADED HUO Pro for $6500 years ago. Had the opportunity to buy it back but truly, had my fill.
    I would personally never pay more than $5500 for routed one, but it just depends how bad you want it. With resale, it'll never be HUO, and that means something to buyers.
    No lighted ramps either.

Agreed. Routed and few mods. I'm thinking $5500 as well.

#11 5 years ago

Cool, thanks guys. Looks like range is 5500 to 6500 with 6000 right in the middle. Appreciate the input.

#12 5 years ago

Better list it soon. Next vault.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

If vault happens this will be worth $4000-$4500

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Man I hope so. I’ve been wanting a Tron, but has been way out of my price range.

#15 5 years ago

Wrong, dead wrong.

You do not know of this seller apparently.
    He takes care of his games - regularly keeps his location titles in near HUO condition.

But even if he didn't, you're still wrong.

#16 5 years ago

With the new cheap cabinets with decals and the soft wood playfields, I would say the price will shoot up even higher on the originals

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Wrong, dead wrong.
    You do not know of this seller apparently.
    He takes care of his games - regularly keeps his location titles in near HUO condition.
    But even if he didn't, you're still wrong.

Has nothing to do with seller. Exact same happened with Iron Man after IMVE. Remind us all what original Iron Mans were selling for pre and post IMVE.

No clue if Tron VE is coming, but best time to sell an original is certainly before it happens.

#18 5 years ago

Has nothing to do with seller. Exact same happened with Iron Man after IMVE. Remind us all what original Iron Mans were selling for pre and post IMVE.
    No clue if Tron VE is coming, but best time to sell an original is certainly before it happens.

This!! I had a modded iron man prior to the VE and had weekly offers from pinsiders that wanted to buy my game at $6500...I still enjoyed it so I didnt sell.. after the VE dropped, I finally got tired of it and I sold it a few months later and struggled to get $4200. The drop will be real.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

People have been saying this for literally years. No one would ever buy a used Tron if they listened to rumors.

#20 5 years ago

This is true about IMVE.
    BUT....Iron Man Vault is the absolute best vault ever, so it's kind of the exception to the rule.
    The modded Iron Man originals got hurt the most.

And..Iron Man prices never approached what Trons sell for.

Like everything - we shall see..but I will buy 9 Trons if the price drops to $4,000 and store them.

#21 5 years ago

yep first run are the most pricey. silk screen cabs, 3d translite and a few other differences (plasma display too).
    most mods IMO don't add value unless maybe a color dmd but then minus value for original dmd thats supposed to be in it.
    pends how much wear it has honestly and how many plays lifetime wise.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

And..Iron Man prices never approached what Trons sell for.

They did for sure. For a while the market for IM was higher than what Tron is right now.

Once the VE was announced they crashed hard, it large part because IM was such a limited release originally (and it's also a polarizing game) that the vault completely saturated the market.

Tron had to have been a larger run that IM originally so I expect a VE would affect it much less.

(and for the record, IM is one of my favorite games and I've had one since before the Vault run. I'm glad they reran it, even if I theoretically took a few thousand dollar "hit" on it - even though I was never selling it.)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-tron-pro-2?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.