You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Thinking of selling my Tron Pro. I'm the second owner it has FF sound system, the tron arcade mod the latest version and cointakers super bright LEDs. Cabnet and playfield are in great shape. Just was wondering what are the going prices? Thanks

#2 11 years ago

If it helps, I was quoted $4800 shipped for new in box. If you're selling to someone out of area they'll need $500 or so added for shipping. I wouldn't put much value on the LEDs but the dub and arcade may add $300. I might choose yours over a nib if it were $100-200 less to my door. If you hold it until the next run is out of stock everywhere you may do better.

#3 11 years ago

If it has 3D backglass that adds value for most over the NIB 2d version- imho.

#4 11 years ago

I just bought one to replace the sold Tron LE best quoted deal for a PRO was 4800 and even that was hard to find. Most sold out again could not even get one from my normal Stern distributors. Serial number pic included, wish BR had sold me his for 7k would have had two days of my life back from modding aggrevation, hard to do kid watching and keep concentrating even with a helper, would have been easier to pay Black Rose to have done it.

IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0514.JPG IMG_4613.JPGIMG_4613.JPG IMG_4614.JPGIMG_4614.JPG

#5 11 years ago

so what asking price are you leaning towards? the feedback that I've received is my $4750 is too much but I'm sticking with that for now.

#6 11 years ago

The origjnal run is worth more than the newer one with cheap stickers and non 3d Backglass.

#7 11 years ago

Sorry, but what does he mean by cheap stickers?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

The origjnal run is worth more than the newer one with cheap stickers and non 3d Backglass.

I think the stickers are a big improvement resolution better and easier to repair if cabinet damage occurs and it almost always happens even moving room to room or kids touching.
I give you 3D backglass is way better but the run from Summer had the sticker cabinet and 3D backglass. I could see the rare 2D backglass could be worth more as its way more limited just a thought for all the speculators, I need to order some I guess.
LE has more than just Daft Punk multiball but not enough for me to think 3500 more difference in price but 1500 and I would have never sold
If Stern only made 1200 Tron that is still a small run

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

If Stern only made 1200 Tron that is still a small run

Less Trons than Hobbit LEs

#10 11 years ago

I agree, the decals are far better than the pixelated art on the original runs. Also, 3D is an adder IMO.

I bought mine NIB with 3D backglass and decal art and have added cliffy ramp protectors, Tron arcade mod (newest version), cointaker Premium LEDs, and shaker motor. Not sure what it is worth but it doesnt matter because I am not selling

I say hold on to it. It is a great game.

Todd

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I agree, the decals are far better than the pixelated art on the original runs.

I've only seen pictures, but the decals seem to be more bright/vibrant and sharp....they look way better. I like the 2D backglass too.....I kept the 3D in my LE but bought the 2D to frame in my office at work (gives my boring walls some cool color along with a TSPP and JB)

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I like the 2D backglass too.....I kept the 3D in my LE but bought the 2D to frame in my office at work (gives my boring walls some cool color along with a TSPP and JB)

Not a bad idea. Just moved and my wall are quite bare, might have to pick one up.

Todd

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

This has neither been proven, nor demonstrated. I'd argue that if anything, sure, the 3d translite to the RIGHT PERSON is worth 200$, and the art being screened vs decals is still way out for debate.

If anything, the release of the 2d games at 4800 pushed up the price of the 3d's as well, even though I personally feel like the 2D translite looks great, the leg protectors are great, and the LED DMD is also great looking IMO as well!

#14 11 years ago

Best of both worlds is a 2d run with the 3d translight swapped in..... you get the Red LED display, better cabinet art, Leg protectors, and 3d translight on it.... Then you also have a spare translight for decoration...

JMHO..... that's the way mine is at least

#15 11 years ago

Just an update. The latest quote was $5200 nib (shipped) because supply is lower on the new run.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Just an update. The latest quote was $5200 nib (shipped) because supply is lower on the new run.

Watch in the end that 2D backglass will be worth more.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Best of both worlds is a 2d run with the 3d translight swapped in..... you get the Red LED display, better cabinet art, Leg protectors, and 3d translight on it.... Then you also have a spare translight for decoration...

JMHO..... that's the way mine is at least

My opinion too, s that is what I have

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Would also agree with you, I've done the same thing and bought a 3D translite (although I really like the 2D translite as well and I can swap it in whenever I want).

#19 11 years ago

What distributors still have these available? I've been looking for one.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

What distributors still have these available? I've been looking for one

I spoke with JJ at Game Exchange last week and he had just sold his last one, so he's out. Maybe try Trent or Michael Pupo?

#21 11 years ago

We have a few left

www.greatamericanpinball.com, email for pricing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.