• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4233.JPG
TFLE_pic_9.jpg
TFLE_pic_3.jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Wondering what the current market is for the TF LE/Premium is? I sold mine about 6 months ago for $5200 (Decepticon). With X-men's now going for $5K, what would you price a TF at right now?

And are there any sellers? I have been thinking of adding another if the price is right, even if I have to ship.

#2 11 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine at all, let alone for $5,200. TFLE has it all. You can't be a hero if you're not willing to go down with the ship. Or jump on while its taking water. Ya'll ship jumpers made one big mistake....not only didn't the ship sink...it wasn't sinking in the first place.

TFLE rocks!

#3 11 years ago

I hope you overpay!

JK

I would pay $4750 for a HUO TF combo but that's just me.

We all remember the invisiglass, LED, subwoofer loaded HUO TF LE combo that sold for $4500 after sitting for a week.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Wondering what the current market is for the TF LE/Premium is? I sold mine about 6 months ago for $5200 (Decepticon). With X-men's now going for $5K, what would you price a TF at right now?
And are there any sellers? I have been thinking of adding another if the price is right, even if I have to ship.

Because one guy had to move his xmen for 5000 to help pay his bills doesn't make xmen a 5000 game.

#5 11 years ago

I bought a Decepticon in early summer from the original owner for $4800.00 and sold it (traded actually) for the same price.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Because one guy had to move his xmen for 5000 to help pay his bills doesn't make xmen a 5000 game.

If by bills you mean another pin...

He's buying a HULK.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

We all remember the invisiglass, LED, subwoofer loaded HUO TF LE combo that sold for $4500 after sitting for a week.

i don't.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If by bills you mean another pin...
He's buying a HULK.

I'm just going by what he said in his post saying its to help pay for a down payment for a condo. If by down payment he meant avengers then I find that very interesting!

#9 11 years ago

Don't buy until the code is updated.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don't buy until the code is updated.

is that sarcasm? I thoroughly enjoyed playing your's and ralphwiggums but haven't gotten super far in it.

#11 11 years ago

Thank you. I wouldn't sell my Wolverine for less than $6500.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think you're safe then.

#13 11 years ago

Me neither. If TFLE is under $5k "all day every day" than IM should be $4k. TFLE is way more pin.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Well I wouldn't sell my TF for $10k so that's the price I guess. Heck everything will be $10k by next Christmas.

Seriously though if you find one for $5k buy it. I haven't seen one that low in months. Most of those deals are over as those that didn't like the game and dumped have already. What's left are pins that are owned by people that actually like it. Most common price I've seen recently has been $5.2-$5.5.

#15 11 years ago

I'm just going by what he said in his post saying its to help pay for a down payment for a condo. If by down payment he meant Avengers then I find that very interesting!

That's what he said. Was he bullshitting?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think you have it awhile but it doesnt matter if the intent is to play them just had to comment. I have some pins I never sell too.
I sold Xmen Magneto early at auction as I knew I and only I didnt like the playfield shots but really enjoy most Borg pin layouts. BBH and Godzilla is more fun to me. Traded Xmen Wolverine which looks so pretty to The Banker for his Godzilla.
To help answer your question:
I have a TF:LE Dec I just opened out of box one location for sale at 5500 cost was 6300 as it is one of only 125 designer series along with 125 Autobots for the 250 total LE
I also have a TF:LE combo number 91 of 500 I bought new last Dec I never opened to flip and will loose on it as I paid 5800 and never found a buyer much like the new XMen Pro new in box nobody wants to purchase. I did sell one at auction to Ryan in PA so one did leave. I am surprised at Xmen as the Pro is also pretty and more reliable. Thats why pin speculating is like stock picking, you just never know which pin goes up in value.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You got the best most recent pin of all in that ACDC Premium. Thats the one you should never sell!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Seriously though if you find one for $5k buy it. I haven't seen one that low in months. Most of those deals are over as those that didn't like the game and dumped have already. What's left are pins that are owned by people that actually like it. Most common price I've seen recently has been $5.2-$5.5.

yep, most of the collectors and pinball players which like hard challenging pins have held on to TF-LE. The machine got a bad rap early from many folks who never even played one or was basing it on pro models. Go through all the past threads and you will see....

#19 11 years ago

Gotta love that one way ratchet attitude. Ever notice how one sale never effects a downward trend, but one sale can make add an average 1k jump around here?

#20 11 years ago

Well said if I sell X-Men it will be somewhere around what I paid and I will obviously take a loss on shipping. With that said I think you can get one NIB possibly but my thoughts would be 5500 for HOU mint. I paid 5895 shipped for my NIB in November if that helps you in anyway. It's a fantastic game and its one that I play near the most and really want to beat. Still don't have a clue why this game is so frowned on.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

is that sarcasm? I thoroughly enjoyed playing your's and ralphwiggums but haven't gotten super far in it.

It is not an easy game. I consider myself a somewhat decent player, and have only hit that "roadblock" twice. The game is really deep, almost silly deep (albeit a linear/mode based deep).....If you want to progress further before hitting that point, start with the bad guys and then work your way across.

I hate the game because I love it. I only bought it because it was a good deal ($4900) and I figured I could play it for awhile and then get something else without losing my ass too bad. The game isn't going anywhere soon, it is easily the most played two player game with my 5 year old and myself.....

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Yes & No. I love the game but hate when Stern doesn't update the game when they said they were going too. Christmas present???
Hopefully they will deliver but after buying XMen and being disappointed with a theme that could have been a homerun I have my doubts on their future releases. My personally, I better off letting someone else by the game and when they're tired of it, I'll buy it.
Similar to what Tim did.

#23 11 years ago

Here

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-transformers-decepticon-le-84125-must-sell-today-4900-wtopper

It started @$4900 & eventually sold when listed @ $4500

The seller changed the price to $20k per the buyer I assume so he could perhaps flip it later.

#24 11 years ago

It'll be a cold day in hell before I believe Stern again. Xmas update, my ass.

#25 11 years ago

Paid $4900 for a open box TF Decepticon from a distributer with only 16 plays on it back in Augest 2012. I think that was about the low before the price started to go back up a little.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from apimomfan2:

It'll be a cold day in hell before I believe Stern again. Xmas update, my ass.

They've definitely burned some bridges there......

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

They've definitely burned some bridges there......

Yes. What is up with these clowns? Ridiculous.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Here
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-transformers-decepticon-le-84125-must-sell-today-4900-wtopper
It started @$4900 & eventually sold when listed @ $4500
The seller changed the price to $20k per the buyer I assume so he could perhaps flip it later.

Thats 7 fing months ago and nobody has sold that low since. Again, they are not selling for that now. If you find they are then buy it but that is not the market. More people have paid $5.5 plus in the last couple months than they have less than $5k.

p.s. - this is not an X-men topic. Why does it keep being brought up?

#29 11 years ago

I've got mine up for $5500 fine (autobot) - won't sell it for less - I'd just keep it.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Thats 7 fing months ago and nobody has sold that low since. Again, they are not selling for that now.

Quoted from ronlisa:

Paid $4900 for a open box TF Decepticon from a distributer with only 16 plays on it back in Augest 2012.

Nobody likes to see their games lower in price. But sometimes they do. Not every game will hold their value. TF owners especially get REALLY pissy when its suggested the game is worth less than $5k.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Thats 7 fing months ago and nobody has sold that low since. Again, they are not selling for that now. If you find they are then buy it but that is not the market. More people have paid $5.5 plus in the last couple months than they have less than $5k.

Lol, OK

Smassa paid $5k NIB
RobT sold his for $4800
Turbo listed @ $5k, not sure of actual sales price but I'd guess sub $5
Was it Ralph who paid high $4's for a loaded LE recently?
Weir has had his listed for a month right?
Dough can't sell his either (but his Xmen does interest me... Dogh I brought up Xmen again)

Anyway man the OP asked value opinions. I said I'd pay $4,750 for HUO & mentioned a really good deal from 7 months ago, calm down Francis. That's just $500 under your preference

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think its because the TF and XMEN are the two most recent Stern games that have lost their value. There are quite a few similarities(Code disappointment, ect.)

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Nobody likes to see their games lower in price. But sometimes they do. Not every game will hold their value. TF owners especially get REALLY pissy when its suggested the game is worth less than $5k.

Game worth much more than that to me....Mine is staying right where it is!! Also, tons more fun
than X-men!

#34 11 years ago

I get pissy because I really don't get it. The game might be available for less, but the game is "worth" way more than $5k. There is so much to like and enjoy about this game.

I just don't understand what people want out of a game if they can't have a blast playing TF. I say if people can buy it below $5k and they don't than they are blowing it. It's more fun and more interesting and deeper and just as good looking (if not more so) as any popular pro out there, and that includes Tron, ACDC, Potc, IM and many others claiming to be $5k games.

I think it will take its place along ACDC Prem (and most likely XMEN LE and Avengers) as a highly regarded, excellent game. And I am not a "fanboy". I've been playing pinball my whole life - first game on a Fireball at the K-Mart in Northridge CA when I was in 1st grade - and I think I know a thing or two about pinball. I'm also a pretty decent player, and I know what makes a good game. I also know that until you play the hell out of a table, you will not know if its good or not OR if you enjoy the game or not. I'll hand it to Greg,Greg,Greg....he gave it over 1000 plays before writing it off. He clearly didn't like it. I've probably got close to 150 on mine by now and I am officially in the zone. The game has me hook line and sinker. It took me awhile to warm up to it. Then I started to like it. Then I wondered how long it would hold my interest. We're the rules good enough, etc. Well, the answer is a resounding SCORE!! So glad I picked this pin up at a discount. I'll be shocked if it stays a "dud" and never regains some value.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And I am not a "fanboy"

Why do you keep harping on this subject then...just enjoy your game. Stop trying to convince others that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If it's only worth a dollar what do you care? You are obviously keeping the game.

#36 11 years ago

I just don't understand what people want out of a game if they can't have a blast playing TF. I say if people can buy it below $5k and they don't than they are blowing it. It's more fun and more interesting and deeper and just as good looking (if not more so) as any popular pro out there, and that includes Tron, ACDC, Potc, IM and many others claiming to be $5k games.

Amen, brother!

#37 11 years ago

Mines for sale for $6700 and I won't budge because I like mine to much and it's modded to the gills.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Mines for sale for $6700 and I won't budge because I like mine to much and it's modded to the gills.

Holy crap. Up 200 since I saw your last FS post on it. You just have it for sale to appease the wife, don't you? And you have a crazy price, so you can keep it.

#39 11 years ago

Not pissy just irritated with ignorance. I could give a DAMN if it goes up or not. Why? Because mine is not for sale and wont be so if it goes to $1k I could care less. If it goes for $10K I could also care less.

The OP wanted to know the going rate and I feel its necessary to quote normal (not a rare) going rate.

Here's a quick market analysis process. You take several comperables at the time you are looking to sell or buy (not months ago). You then compare the prices and determine the median range of the price of something that has sold. Of course their will be outliers of which you generally drop out.

Back to value. It's what someone is willing to pay. For every sub $5K purchase I can quote you a $5800 purchase which was done more recent. I doubt JJ or Trent would post on this but they were selling several of these at $5800. Guess what that means folks? People are willing to pay $5800 for these. Maybe not on pinside but they are paying this this why I say around $5500. Just because a handfull of people dumped theirs does not set the price. So you can quote 10-15 people (I doubt you can even do that) that paid sub $5K. Well, that what, 1.5% of the TF LE's sold. I'd be willing to bet a lot that their are just as many people that scored one for less than $5K as their is for those that have paid more than $5500 in the last 2 months. No way to prove this but just think about it. Start thinking outside the box a bit....

Last thing. Did anyone know that the new market value of MM is $9K for a nice example? One sold for that a couple weeks ago. Did that just set the market? Nope but using your logic it would have. See where your logic is flawed now?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-mm-2

#40 11 years ago

nah, my wife doesn't care how many pins I buy or what I do. It went up since my massive megatron overhaul mod went in, and then the color changing speaker grills. Color changing LED backbox board, LED color changing flipper buttons. the good leg protectors. Pimped as much as I can so far. I don't want to leave. It's grown on me way more than I ever expected.

But I've seen plenty of LE's for $4900 and it's probably the going rate. Just mine isn't leaving for that.

#41 11 years ago

I get pissy because I really don't get it. The game might be available for less, but the game is "worth" way more than $5k. There is so much to like and enjoy about this game.

I personally agree, I really liked my TF LE a lot and think it is a very underrated pin. But my personal opinion on how good the pin is has nothing to do with its actual market value.

If Stern would actually release the code update that was promised, who knows, the value might go up a bit (but I don't expect the code to do anything significant other than add progression memory to the MB, so I don't expect any big increase in value).

Of course if Stern keeps steadily increasing the price of their new LE's, you may see the value of previous models like TF LE go up in price too. How much will Ritchie's next pin (Star Trek?) cost? $7500.00?! With Hulks going for $7k, I doubt that TF LE will go down in value any further...but who knows.

#42 11 years ago

I think it will take its place along ACDC Prem (and most likely XMEN LE and Avengers) as a highly regarded, excellent game. And I am not a "fanboy". I've been playing pinball my whole life - first game on a Fireball at the K-Mart in Northridge CA when I was in 1st grade - and I think I know a thing or two about pinball. I'm also a pretty decent player, and I know what makes a good game. I also know that until you play the hell out of a table, you will not know if its good or not OR if you enjoy the game or not. I'll hand it to Greg,Greg,Greg....he gave it over 1000 plays before writing it off. He clearly didn't like it. I've probably got close to 150 on mine by now and I am officially in the zone. The game has me hook line and sinker. It took me awhile to warm up to it. Then I started to like it. Then I wondered how long it would hold my interest. We're the rules good enough, etc. Well, the answer is a resounding SCORE!! So glad I picked this pin up at a discount. I'll be shocked if it stays a "dud" and never regains some value.

The problem is they made too many of the TFLE.... 750 of an LE is a lot more than any LE recently made... Everyone that wants one has one... the market is saturated.

Stern now has got it figured out with the Premiums. Make as the market demands rather than flood the market. They can sell a quick couple hundred true LE's and then fill in with premiums as needed.

But still they need to fix the code issues. TF and Xmen still needing code work is eventually going to hurt LE preorders if they do not address it soon. I'm not willing to preorder any more and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

#43 11 years ago

actually TF LE there are only 125 decepticon, and 125 autobot ones. So there really isn't that many. Now Premiums...unsure of the numbers.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually TF LE there are only 125 decepticon, and 125 autobot ones. So there really isn't that many. Now Premiums...unsure of the numbers.

Plus 500 combos. No premiums.

#45 11 years ago

I am getting TfLe back for the 3rd time. Miss it and have learned to appreciate it.

#46 11 years ago

No premiums
500 combos
125 auto
125 decp

#47 11 years ago

I still consider combo's premiums, because that seems to be the way they structure it now. They might be limited, but 500 is a lot.

That's why Hobbit LE of 1500 is laughable.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why do you keep harping on this subject then...just enjoy your game. Stop trying to convince others that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If it's only worth a dollar what do you care? You are obviously keeping the game.

What do you care, exactly? And I'm not saying its the greatest anything. I'm not a hyperbolizing ACDC or Tron fan, although I've made my peace with anyone who wants to say a game is the best ever.

Consider me a defender of the slandered. The unfairly judged. The unjustly ridiculed.

ROLL OUT!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I still consider combo's premiums, because that seems to be the way they structure it now. They might be limited, but 500 is a lot.
That's why Hobbit LE of 1500 is laughable.

This hobby is funny. For 2 months most TFLE talk that was positive centered on the combos being the most desirable and that they were fetching more in the market. Now we have Neo suggesting they are the equivalents of Premiums....even though they are called LEs. The price has been on the upswing and NIBs are selling at discounted pricing but still high $5s. Yet someone uses a 7 month old firesale to suggest its value. Man, if this game even had one magnet it would be $10K lol.

#50 11 years ago

Tf le and pro are both great games IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-transformers-le-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.