Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

elvira halloween 72 NM.jpg
ToM5 005.jpg

#1 5 years ago

So I found a TOM local, that is advertised as fresh restore, LEDS etc, asking $7000. I've played TOM before, but that sounds high. upside is no shipping and ability to play and check out before buying, but I'm thinking $5000-5500 is more in the realistic area. Thoughts?

#3 5 years ago

Your thinking is correct, don't pay that price.

#4 5 years ago

$7K is too high IMO, your range is good

#5 5 years ago

You have to find out what 'fresh restore' means... are you talking cc playfield, new decals, new plastics, ramps, gold trim, etc? $7000 could be in the ball park depending on what 'fresh restore' means.

#6 5 years ago

You are on the money @ 5-5.5K I just sold one a couple months ago I restored leds and tiger saw and mirror mod for 55 hundred.
Looked like it just came out of the box.
Came with extra parts and manual.
I don't know about Canadian prices, I am in So. Cal.

ToM5 005.jpg

#7 5 years ago

Plus don't forget you gotta budget $400 for the ColorDMD now!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Plus don't forget you gotta budget $400 for the ColorDMD now!

Totally have to add one of those.....looks so nice on that machine (from the video)

#9 5 years ago

7K? As Kurt Russell said in Used Cars " That's too Fkn High"

#10 5 years ago

Ok guys got the list of what was done, now is my $ still being in the park, would like to grab this........ complete teardown, everything off board
replace all pop bumper waffles
all ball guides and metal parts hand polished
all plastics completly cleaned and replaced where required
Replaced trunkcover, new improved wide optp board installed, new trunk harness
replaced all rubbers
Complete flipper kits, all parts new
Replaced left ramp
checked circuit boards and solinoids
soder and replace where required light sockets and related wiring
all lights replaced with high intensity LEDs
installed popbumper inserts
replaced worn decals
installed custom decal kit for stand up targets
6 coats of high gloss wax on playfield
installed silverjet ball
tested DMD
installed Cliffy Ramp protectors and Cliffy coloured posts
This is what he said was done, and by checking map he's a member here so should know his stuff....

#11 5 years ago

as to last post, would like to try and grab this but don't want to think i'm going to be insulting him with that offer..

#12 5 years ago

Still too high at 7k for me.

#13 5 years ago

I think 7K is too high to, but is it worth 5-5500?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Ok guys got the list of what was done, now is my $ still being in the park, would like to grab this........ complete teardown, everything off board
replaced all rubbers
Replaced left ramp
replaced worn decals
installed silverjet ball
tested DMD
This is what he said was done, and by checking map he's a member here so should know his stuff....

This is far from what I would consider to be a fresh restore. More like an extended shop job. Nice to have all this done for you but its far from a restoration. Now it depends on overall condition of the pin but I would say $5500 tops as long as its in super nice shape.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I think 7K is too high to, but is it worth 5-5500?

Hard to say without pictures, but from the info you gave, I would say yes.

#16 5 years ago

$mid 5's seems reasonable.

I traded mine away for a STTNG that was super nice and mine had some insert issues in the book in the bottom.I valued mine around $4500

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

7K? As Kurt Russell said in Used Cars " That's too Fkn High"

Were blowing the shit out of high car prices.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Ok guys got the list of what was done

It was nicely shopped, plus a little extra with ramp replacements etc. Great. But that's what you do to get your pin up to the nice market price. Meaning you don't get to start at $5500, that's where you end up after you clean it all up. Polishing and waxing and adding LEDs doesn't bump you up a couple grand. Without pictures you're just not going to be able to get more out of us than that I don't think, we just can't tell you anything else short of seeing it.

I can tell you want it, if you're looking for someone to say JUST BUY IT then hey, just buy it. But you're going to overpay at that price, and when you get tired of the game you're going to discover you can't get your money back out of it.

#19 5 years ago

Offered him 5K, see what he says, if no I'll move on, its between that and a Scared Stiff for machine 14(figuring having 13 being unlucky is how I'm justifying picking up another ) Planning on the Halloween setup next year so either of those would work, just want to find an awesome one at appropriate pricing.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Offered him 5K, see what he says, if no I'll move on, its between that and a Scared Stiff for machine 14(figuring having 13 being unlucky is how I'm justifying picking up another ) Planning on the Halloween setup next year so either of those would work, just want to find an awesome one at appropriate pricing.

Let us know what he comes back with if you don't mind. I have a feeling that he is putting a lot of value on the work put into it. And when that happens, it's hard to get people to come down in my experience. The only way they do is usually when it sits on the open market for awhile. Good luck anyway, hope you get it!

#21 5 years ago

Wait...you guys mean to tell me that LEDs don't add $2,000+ to a game's cost?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Ooh, you didn't say there was a Scared Stiff in the mix! Ditch that overpriced magic show and come over to the Elvira club!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

replaced all rubbers
Replaced left ramp
replaced worn decals
installed silverjet ball
tested DMD

Despite the shop job, the only way for us to really help assess condition & estimate value is if you post pics.

Also, you haven't mentioned the #1 wear spot on this title--the Spirit Ring insert--how is it?

The Spirit Ring insert is located below the kickout and suffers the most wear on this title--worst case: the insert can have some to all of the screened artwork on it chipped off from kickout wear (the inserts above it can also show evidence of kickout wear).

#24 5 years ago

I'm probably going to sell mine after I finish a few more mods (like a complete custom trunk) and even then, will probably only ask around $5500

7k maybe if it just came out a of box or sat in a dry basement for 18 years.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You are on the money @ 5-5.5K I just sold one a couple months ago I restored leds and tiger saw and mirror mod for 55 hundred.
Looked like it just came out of the box.
Came with extra parts and manual.
I don't know about Canadian prices, I am in So. Cal.

ToM5 005.jpg 2 MB

If TL can only get $5500 for his, then that's the top. I know he expected more but just couldn't find a buyer. I can guarantee you his TOM was pristine.

#26 5 years ago

Wasn't someone on here asking $8500 about a month ago, with some long provenance story? I thought that was extra steep. Anyone know what that one went for?

#27 5 years ago

Sold mine for $5K a few months ago.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ooh, you didn't say there was a Scared Stiff in the mix! Ditch that overpriced magic show and come over to the Elvira club!

Yeah, what he said>>>

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You have to find out what 'fresh restore' means... are you talking cc playfield, new decals, new plastics, ramps, gold trim, etc? $7000 could be in the ball park depending on what 'fresh restore' means.

You also have to have the name to command those prices, no name restorers can't get that kind of money no matter how nice the game is.

#30 5 years ago

Ok, he's coming back at 6K, I think I can take it to 5600cdn, of course there is no taxes, shipping, exchange(as our $ has sunk a little)....so I have to consider that too, lets see if these pics show up...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUxWDEwMDA=/z/LJYAAOxyTjNSg8kJ/$_35.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUxWDEwMDA=/z/LbEAAOxyTjNSg8kU/$_35.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUxWDEwMDA=/z/mqoAAOxypNtSg8kf/$_35.JPG

#31 5 years ago

...and to cover myself threw an offer on the SS as well, something coming into the garage one way or the other.....

#32 5 years ago

Oh yeah! Go with the Scared Stiff fer sure!!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh yeah! Go with the Scared Stiff fer sure!!

..seems to be the consensus, having never played it but the theme and support for it here, is gotta be great...

#34 5 years ago

Yup! Go play it! (forget that TOM stuff!)

#35 5 years ago

looks like offer on SS accepted, picking up in 3 weeks.....

#36 5 years ago

Welcome to The Club!

elvira halloween 72 NM.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside