Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0599 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I'm looking for advice on a HUO Simpsons Pinball Party. It's in pretty good shape with just over 9000 plays. There is some mild flipper button wear, a small amount of wear on the Itchy and Scratch saucer, nothing too bad. Also a little wear on the garage door, again, only minor. Assuming everything else is good and working well, what do you think it's worth? He wants $4700.

#2 3 years ago

9000 plays? Flipper button wear? That doesn't scream HUO to me.

$4800ish should get you a mint HUO machine.

#3 3 years ago

4k maybe?.... friend bought one today in mint low play condition with color dmd and tons more stuff for 4850. Many completely stock huo mint ones sitting at 4300 .

#4 3 years ago

$3700? I would look around for a better condition one for $4000ish if it has no mods and minumal flipper wear. 9000 plays is a lot for a HUO???

Edit- wow it is amazing what a value TSPP is for $4000ish compared to all the prices for the new games coming out.

#5 3 years ago

I thought that 9000+ plays seemed like a lot. I'm sure it was just a well-loved and well-played home use machine, but it does show the kind of wear you would expect after that many plays.

#6 3 years ago

HUO or not you are describing a routed game for condition but it's priced at a HUO premium price.

You can do better on condition for less money without much wait or effort (travel). If you can't get them into the 3s you should pass and not think twice.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

HUO or not you are describing a routed game for condition but it's priced at a HUO premium price.
You can do better on condition for less money without much wait or effort (travel). If you can't get them into the 3s you should pass and not think twice.

Yeah. I think a lot of price checks of games that are just ok on condition should also ask what the price on a nice one would be at? Then decide - should I hold out for a nicer one for more money? Don't just try to get a price on what is in front of you unless it is a rare game.

Nice HUO TSPP is $4200ish, so why would you even consider a game with 9000 plays for $4700? If it is HUO the guy should discount that he played the game for probably 900 hours. The math on that is 9000 plays X 6 minutes a play = 54,000 minutes / 60 minutes = 900 hours. Maybe he did love the game, but know he wants to make a nice profit after he played the crap (or loved the crap) out of it.

Pass and put a WTB ad out.

You're welcome.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I was never planning on paying more than $4400 or so, but is sounds like this one is worth even less than that. I agree that a HUO game with enough plays takes it into routed territory. I'm gonna take your advice and pass.

#9 3 years ago

I highly recommend you spend 1 hour looking through every TSPP for sale thread and tech thred in the last 6 months. You'll get a great education on condition and price. All available here on pinside for you to read! Doing that is 1,000,000,000,000,000 better than a price check thread because you also learn what breaks and what people do to fix things too. For example - you'll learn how the garage ramp is almost always broken and that you need to get a Cliffy protector to repair the broken part - and if it isn't broken (by luck) you still want the protector to prevent a break in the future.

Also - people love their TSPP games and many have added $300+ of mods to them. Personally I don't care for the mods so I don't like paying a premium for that stuff. You can decide for yourself whether you like the mods and want to pay up for them - or maybe you'll enjoy putting them on yourself.

#10 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I don't like spending money on mods, either, so I'm looking for a pretty stock one. Always good to know what to look for in a new machine.

#11 3 years ago

I just don't see over 9000 plays in a HUO machine. Unless it was owned by Goku and Gohan?!?

IMG_0599 (resized).JPG

#12 3 years ago

I generally hate mods..... but the color DMD for this game is awesome. Also, the theme screams LED's... that's about $600 right there. Add cliffy's and the I&S protector.... it adds up fast.

9,000 plays, HUO or not, it is what it is. Flipper button wear, I&S wear, around my neck of the woods this is a $3,800 game. HUO, $4,500ish. You can take a HUO pin and set it on fire, it doesn't mean it should still get a HUO price.

the game you are describing is a lot closer to $3,800 than $4,500. It's pretty hard to get this game for less than $3,800. I picked one up for $3,300 but it ended up needing $600 in parts anyway.

#13 3 years ago

Anyone know someone in the LA area looking for a TSPP?

I'm asking 4,000 for my TSPP

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Good Condition & everything is functioning. LEDs installed (originals included). Rare LED Moe's Tavern sign. Duff beer toy installed. New rubbers installed last year. ROM...”
3 years ago
Venice, CA
Expired!
Decals obviously aren't in perfect shape but the pin itself runs and plays smoothly.

This was my first pin but sadly have to sell as I am moving and won't have space for it. I am struggling to sell, but not desperate as I still have some time.

I've had a couple people, mainly flippers, try to lowball me in the mid 3s but also some out of staters who would offer what I want. I honestly am afraid to ship a pin, especially site unseen to someone so I am avoiding that if I can.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

9000 plays? Flipper button wear? That doesn't scream HUO to me.
$4800ish should get you a mint HUO machine.

The game was released in 2003.. so lets say a family bought this machine and placed it in their entertainment room. I don't think 693 games or so a year is unreasonable IMO.

As far as button wear, I saw button wear on HUO machines with less plays... it can happen at just several thousand plays. And I've seen shooter lanes that had only 300-400 plays on them that looked somewhat rough compared to other machines that had thousands of plays on them.

#15 3 years ago

Average game is $3200-3500.
An above average-superb TSPP is around $4000-4500, but everything has to be REALLY TIGHT.
No Homer motor problems, no garage door or couch issues, minimal flipper button wear, and I&S hole has to be in good non-chipped up state (dirt edging is normal).
True extremely lightly used HUO games (and there are actually quite a few out there from TEN production runs from 2003-2008) could bump the price up to $5000, but only in regions where there is demand or dealer costs.
NIB are around $6500 (and yes there are still a few hiding!)
Expect this game to lose over $1000-1500 once removed from the box.

Button wear is common on the title due to construction.
If not properly protected, the artwork wears off FAST, even under light home use.
Many users use "lollipop rails" to hide or protect against damage.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Average game is $3200-3500.
An above average-superb TSPP is around $4000-4500, but everything has to be REALLY TIGHT.
No Homer motor problems, no garage door or couch issues, minimal flipper button wear, and I&S hole has to be in good non-chipped up state (dirt edging is normal).
True extremely lightly used HUO games (and there are actually quite a few out there from TEN production runs from 2003-2008) could bump the price up to $5000, but only in regions where there is demand or dealer costs.
NIB are around $6500 (and yes there are still a few hiding!)
Expect this game to lose over $1000-1500 once removed from the box.
Button wear is common on the title due to construction.
If not properly protected, the artwork wears off FAST, even under light home use.
Many users use "lollipop rails" to hide or protect against damage.

I wish I can find those prices in my area.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from atwong:

I wish I can find those prices in my area.

Ya me too. I just bought one for 3750 that was shopped from a retailer but was definately routed and has wear. Plus i paid tax...

#18 3 years ago

I've never seen a true HUO with 9k plays in a pin that new. In theory, it can happen, but it just doesn't for several reasons. In home use, pins get played a lot when the family first gets them, which is maybe 300 plays in the first month. After that, the play really slows down for most and generally will go weeks without even getting turned on after a few months. If the family really enjoys it and continues to play it frequently, they soon want to expand their pinball collection if they have the space/money and buy another one and then that new one will get the majority of the play. If not, they will sell and buy another one just to expand their pinball desires which is how new to hobby pinball enthusiasts are born. I've never seen a scenario where a person, or family, plays 9k games in a 10 yearish span on a single machine. I'd love to hear stories where this happens but it would truly be the exception and goes against human nature.

More likely, this machine was routed for the first few years of its life which racked up the plays. Then was sold to a family, then another family, and other, and finally to the current owner who was told it was HUO becasue it was owned by another HUO when they bought who was also told the same.

At any rate, $4800 is way too high for that condition, regardless of number of plays, should be around $3700 imo. My TSPP with color DMD and other mods has only 1k plays and is flawless and I value it around $5k.

#19 3 years ago

That's about 3 games a day, every day, for 10 years.

I'm going out a limb and saying not HUO. Someone playing that much is going to get good at this game, and a good game can easily go over 30 minutes. Even at 5 minutes a game, that's about 15 minutes a day, not likely. 10 minute games are more realistic though.

Quoted from helicopter:

plays 9k games in a 10 yearish span on a single machine. I'd love to hear stories where this happens but it would truly be the exception and goes against human nature.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside