New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 75862)

Price Check : The Shadow

By Troutfarm

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RonB
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

just curious what a fully functioning clean Shadow with clean playfield and cabinet should be going for these days?

#2 6 years ago

Around $2k... depending on condition of course.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

LOL please show me 2k shadows....

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

no such thing, unless its trashed

#6 6 years ago

IMHO Shadow is a $2800 game. You can find a good one for that price. You can pay a little more than that for a really nice one, you can pay a little less for one that has a few issues or needs a little cleanup.

It hasn't really risen or fallen from that price for a bit, seems pretty stable.

#7 6 years ago

I'm about to have more market data than I'd like -- set out this fall to buy one Shadow, ended up with two and am now trying to sell one of them for $2,700 (I bought the one from this link: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-shadow-se-michigan and now have to sell it at a loss). This will (hopefully) be a quick sale so I imagine I'll get less than fair market if I'm able to move it in my time frame, but will post back either way.

#8 6 years ago

I was very fortunate to find a working and decent shadow for $1800. Along with another $2K+ game for the same price. Ended up selling the other game for $500 profit... so I guess my TS cost me $1300

Mine has some issues that need repair, so it'll be upwards of $2500 once completed, but that's fully restored, gold plated ramps/divertors from Mike Chestnut, new plastics, new head decals, Aurich's translite/speaker panel and a bunch of other upgrades. The good news is that it was playing 100% when I bought it.

I got a great deal though. In reality (at least in Canada) The Shadow is in the $2800-$3200 range all day long.

#9 6 years ago

I just paid $3600 for a very nice one. It was a little more than I was going to spend, but it was perfect. I could have spent a few hundred dollars less for one that was quite as nice, but I decided to spend the extra cash. Like most, I am adding Aurich's translite.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I was very fortunate to find a working and decent shadow for $1800. Along with another $2K+ game for the same price. Ended up selling the other game for $500 profit... so I guess my TS cost me $1300
Mine has some issues that need repair, so it'll be upwards of $2500 once completed, but that's fully restored, gold plated ramps/divertors from Mike Chestnut, new plastics, new head decals, Aurich's translite/speaker panel and a bunch of other upgrades. The good news is that it was playing 100% when I bought it.
I got a great deal though. In reality (at least in Canada) The Shadow is in the $2800-$3200 range all day long.

Yeah those shadows are quite pricey around here. TS is a must own game tought.

Gonna have to get one from Aurich when finances allow...

#12 6 years ago

I'd say $2300-2600 is a fair price for a normal shadow with common sanctum wear.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

lol...if choggard is the buyer they are worth 2k...if he is the seller they are worth 5k

#14 6 years ago

I've been making offers for The Shadow for the past two months and my upper limit has been $2500 for a fully functioning machine that is mechanically and electronically sound, maybe shopped, with an above average playfield and cabinet. Well..., I've been losing out to other buyers willing to pay more.

I therefore agree with others that have stated that an overall above average Shadow is selling between $2800-$3500.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

lol...if choggard is the buyer they are worth 2k...if he is the seller they are worth 5k

I'm guessing he's still looking for one, since he didn't get the one fosaisu bought.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
PinSound
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside