Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bohdi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looking for some feedback on value for The Shadow. Both playfields have been treasure coved and show very well. There is minor wear at the ball drops but it is small and hard to see. The sanctum has been mylared and looks good. If the sanctum has been repaired, I can’t see it. The ramps have had some weld repair. The welds look decent so I thinking there will be no need to replace them. The phurbas, rings and mongols are all in good shape. The cabinet and backbox look good but they’re not perfect. There are a few scratches on the cabinet and the backbox decals have some bubbling. Looks like one of the corners on the head was hit but has been repaired and does not look bad. The game has new plastics from CPR and all the bulbs are LED’s from PinballBulbs. I haven’t seen a Shadow this nice come up on Pinside before so I’m not sure where to value it. I’m thinking $2900 to $3300.

What are your thoughts on value of this game?

#2 10 years ago

I'm about to pick up one in similar condition, in the same price range. We might both be crazy, so I'm curious what the others think....

#3 10 years ago

I'd say your safe in the 3k range. The game seems to get harder to come by as the machines find homes of owners that know how great of a game it is and never want to let it go. It's always in demand - there have been several wanted ads for it with little to no responses. I only see the demand going up with an increasingly frozen supply.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

I'd say your safe in the 3k range. The game seems to get harder to come by as the machines find homes of owners that know how great of a game it is and never want to let it go. It's always in demand - there have been several wanted ads for it with little to no responses. I only see the demand going up with an increasingly frozen supply.

I actually have seen everyone get one that wanted one recently. There have been a good deal of them for sale... game listed at 3200 is still there a week later. and it is even blinged out... I would say 2500-3100 is the sweet spot for this title...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 10 years ago

Yeah, $2500 - $3200 is the right range.

#6 10 years ago

Just went seven pages deep via a search using "Shadow" for the topic. There were no less than eight WTB posts for Shadow with only Galadian finding one. The Shadow referred to as "blinged" has new legs, a decal on the sanctum and appears to be sold. Bling?

Some good feedback so far, keep it coming if you have it.

#7 10 years ago

I sold my Shadow within the last year for $2,500. I was hoping to get $2,750, but it didn't even fly out the door at the $2,500 price. It was working 100% and in clean similar shape to yours minus the new plastic set since mine were all fine. Over $3,000 for a Shadow is too much IMHO. They don't typically sell for that.

#8 10 years ago

There were three Shadows in Minneapolis a year ago when I bought mine. Jonogo owned yours at that time and it was for sale, as was Tony's. I felt mine was considerably nicer than the other two and paid a premium to get it. I can't remember the specifc sale prices for the other two Shadows but I will concede they may have sold for $2500. That was one year ago or more. I have over $3200 invested in mine and plan to advertise at that price. That $3200 does not include the $175 translite from Aurich or a new Flipper Fidelity speaker kit that has yet to be installed. Those items will be optional for an additonal $300. Sure, I'm planning to lose money but I'll wait it out if nobody jumps on it at $3k. After the Treasure Cove polish and new plastics, the game gleams like new. If it doesn't sell, I'll get the wire guides replated and keep it. There is no need to clear coat the playfield, it's too nice as it is.

#9 10 years ago

Oh I think I straight trade for my EBD should work? work for you Steve?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-the-shadow-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.