Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Some interesting dynamics going on with this title that we've never seen before in the marketplace. Similar but still different to the Big Bang Bar situation.
I have to admit I'm a bit surprised by the apparent soft market for them but with the benefit of hindsight, I guess it makes sense. I'm curious what people think about present day TBL values and its future.

What's the smart money doing?

#2 4 years ago

Read this pile of crap, the price will show up several times.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-12

#3 4 years ago

Pretty much depends on the severity of seller’s medical emergency.

Anywhere from $12.5-$30K I believe.

#4 4 years ago

#5 4 years ago

I would not pay more than 12k even if I really wanted one.

Soft market and only an OK game.

#6 4 years ago

I wouldn't pay $2500, unless I was interested in turning around and making a quick $15k profit.

#7 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/65372

Maybe worth $20,000 ?? @mr68, Isn’t that what you sold one for?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty much depends on the severity of seller’s medical emergency.
Anywhere from $12.5-$30K I believe.

LOL, dude I lol'd

#9 4 years ago

If Barry makes more - 12500

If he fails - 25k

#10 4 years ago

Ask your local podcaster. He's doing market research on ebay as we speak...

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/65372
Maybe worth $20,000 ?? mr68, Isn’t that what you sold one for?

Yes I did but I sold mine before the recent release of additional machines. The environment has completely changed.

#12 4 years ago

Mr68 , do you have another TBL you’re selling or looking to buy? Miss TBL EA 20?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What's the smart money doing?

Betting on your Christmas present.

LTG : )

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

mr68 , do you have another TBL you’re selling or looking to buy?

No

Not really. I had it for a long time so I got to thoroughly enjoy it. But like any game, it ran its course and I felt it was a good time to sell.
I do miss not having it for friends or fellow pinheads to enjoy. The best part (for me) about owning a rare and desirable machine is watching people light up when they get a chance to experience and play something unique.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The best part (for me) about owning a rare and desirable machine is watching people light up when they get a chance to experience and play something unique.

That is for sure!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No

Not really. I had it for a long time so I got to thoroughly enjoy it. But like any game, it ran its course and I felt it was a good time to sell.
I do miss not having it for friends or fellow pinheads to enjoy. The best part (for me) about owning a rare and desirable machine is watching people light up when they get a chance to experience and play something unique.

Just having a pinball machine in your home will make 95% of your friends light up.... Believe me when I say, owning a rare and unique pinball machine is waaay overrated and IMO its more of an ego thing.

Ive been there too.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The best part (for me) about owning a rare and desirable machine is watching people light up when they get a chance to experience and play something unique.

Ain’t that the truth! So much fun to share a game and see someone genuinely stoked to play something they have never played in the past

#19 4 years ago

If American Pinball decides to make it...$8500 plus shipping. Every company needs a contract game.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If American Pinball decides to make it...$8500 plus shipping. Every company needs a contract game.

Like a 6K CGC BBB.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ain’t that the truth! So much fun to share a game and see someone genuinely stoked to play something they have never played in the past

I have a rare S T Dupont lighter, the only people who think its cool are me and the folks at the cigar bar....

#22 4 years ago

Like Alien I wouldn't pay anymore than what is was worth originally and of course less but this whole rare pin crap just doesn't matter to me with all the great stuff we have now and great games from the past. Keep in mind I'm a player first and collector................well not a collector I play till I'm bored with and sell. Would love to own an Alien but I'm not dealing with the issues and a dead company same goes for TBL. If you can get ur money back in pinball great, if you have to take a bit of a loss then fine but personally I wouldn't pay big money just due to rarity.

#23 4 years ago

as of Sept 2019, I'd say $16k asking

joker's wild down the road...depends on the ol' supply and demand

not something I would ever want to own though, personally

#24 4 years ago

That’s the only way I would remotely consider it again. If it was mass produced by a reputable US based company at a quasi-normal price.

Quoted from hoby1:

Believe me when I say, owning a rare and unique pinball machine is waaay overrated and IMO its more of an ego thing.

I’ve wanted a BBB since I got into this hobby (they were just shipping at that point), but didn’t wanna spend that much as the rare factor meant nothing to me - I just thought it was a cool game. Still hoping CGC does BBB...my wait will have been worth it!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Like Alien I wouldn't pay anymore than what is was worth originally and of course less but this whole rare pin crap just doesn't matter to me with all the great stuff we have now and great games from the past. Keep in mind I'm a player first and collector................well not a collector I play till I'm bored with and sell. Would love to own an Alien but I'm not dealing with the issues and a dead company same goes for TBL. If you can get ur money back in pinball great, if you have to take a bit of a loss then fine but personally I wouldn't pay big money just due to rarity.

So you won't ever own an alien. Got it.

How do you really feel though?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Like a 6K CGC BBB.

It will be 9500 plus shipping.

#27 4 years ago

It will be 9500 plus shipping.

Not the classic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-the-big-lebowski?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.