(Topic ID: 149833)

PRICE CHECK!! The Addams Family Gold

By kklank

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 8 years ago

Hey everybody,
I've been looking for one these for a while and still haven't purchased one yet. What is going price for TAFG in very naive shape?
Thanks fellow pinheads for any advice as always. Also anything (condition wise) I should be concerned about when buying one.

#2 8 years ago

I have been looking for one for someone else, and going prices seem to be a little all over the place. Probably due to scarcity.

Most of what I've seen has been in the 12-15k range for an immaculate, restored example.

#3 8 years ago

How naive is it??

#4 8 years ago

I personally have a TAFG. I would say that a going rate for one is going to be around $9000-$7500 of course depending on condition. Generally speaking all Addams fame the same issues despite being a regular or special edition. So things to check out would be the following

- Mansion insert wear from magnet burn, and insert peeling from play

- Chair hole kick-out wear

- Wear by thing where ball lands when fully plunged

- Wear at the graveyard holes on all 3 sides (hole, graveyard entry on center playfield side, graveyard entry from shooter lane side)

- Wear at kick-out from graveyard

With that being said theres only mainly 4 things to check out for Gold Versions

- Condition of brass. Despite where the game has lived over the last 26 years, you will have to re-brass the game completely. Legs,
Lockdown, Side Rails, Plunger Housing. Though it doesn't affect the gameplay, its an eyesore and will cost about $1000 to fix

- Whether your plaque is present. The games are numbered 1-1000, it will come with a plaque that matches the game number off the line

- Whether your Certificate of Authenticity is present. Same rule applies here as does the plaque. The signatures on the COA are really
signed by these guys so make sure its not a copy. And sometimes not all signatures are present. It was all depending on who was
available at the time when the COA's were being signed.

-Whether you have a matching "Gold" special edition manual. Believe it or not, that sucker is worth $150-$250 alone. It is generic and
does not match the # of the game

I hope this info helps you man

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I personally have a TAFG. I would say that a going rate for one is going to be around $9000-$7500 of course depending on condition. Generally speaking all Addams fame the same issues despite being a regular or special edition. So things to check out would be the following
- Mansion insert wear from magnet burn, and insert peeling from play
- Chair hole kick-out wear
- Wear by thing where ball lands when fully plunged
- Wear at the graveyard holes on all 3 sides (hole, graveyard entry on center playfield side, graveyard entry from shooter lane side)
- Wear at kick-out from graveyard
With that being said theres only mainly 4 things to check out for Gold Versions
- Condition of brass. Despite where the game has lived over the last 26 years, you will have to re-brass the game completely. Legs,
Lockdown, Side Rails, Plunger Housing. Though it doesn't affect the gameplay, its an eyesore and will cost about $1000 to fix
- Whether your plaque is present. The games are numbered 1-1000, it will come with a plaque that matches the game number off the line
- Whether your Certificate of Authenticity is present. Same rule applies here as does the plaque. The signatures on the COA are really
signed by these guys so make sure its not a copy. And sometimes not all signatures are present. It was all depending on who was
available at the time when the COA's were being signed.
-Whether you have a matching "Gold" special edition manual. Believe it or not, that sucker is worth $150-$250 alone. It is generic and
does not match the # of the game
I hope this info helps you man

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

#6 8 years ago

You can get lucky with the brass side rails. Mine are in perfect shape. The lockdown bar needed replacement and the legs plus or minus, of course the original legs were not the highly polished and clear coated ones that you can buy aftermarket.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

You can get lucky with the brass side rails. Mine are in perfect shape. The lockdown bar needed replacement and the legs plus or minus, of course the original legs were not the highly polished and clear coated ones that you can buy aftermarket.

Value?

#8 8 years ago

Hard to find and like everything depends on condition. I purchased mine NIB, I've been offered 10-12K several times and it is still here. No interest in selling it. There is another just a couple of miles from me. Owner also said he will have it till he dies
I would expect to see 7-8K for a routed (and shopped) version and higher for a restored or good quality original.

#9 8 years ago

My personal opinion about the game, Honestly I could care less about having a gold. It doesn't chance anything about the game whatsoever. Plus with the gold plastics, I think its substantially uglier than the original. I would certainly be open to trading my gold for an extremely nice original + cash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

30,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-the-addams-family-gold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.