20160525_210325_(resized).jpg
20160525_210331_(resized).jpg
20160525_210358_(resized).jpg
20160525_210405_(resized).jpg
20160525_210315_(resized).jpg
20160521_162534_(resized).jpg
20160521_162539_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Recently picked up a T2 in a 2 for 1 trade and would like to know what it's worth.

I shopped the game with a topside tear down, flamed the ramp.
Added full comet LEDs, including most flashers.
New front cabinet decal
chrome painted gun
painted coin door
100% working except for cabinet speaker, which I'm working on fixing.
replaced several switches
new coil sleeves for most coils
fixed non working pop bumper.
Cabinet has some minor bumps and bruises, but is structurally good, inside cleaned.
Head touched up in a few spots.
Boards and connectors good
remote battery holder.
No cracked plastics and I have all of them.
Added red backboard lighting and a red trough light.
New left flipper mounting plate and leaf switch.

What's it worth?

Thx

#2 7 years ago

pictures would help if ya got any

#3 7 years ago

I agree need pics. This game can have wear on the balls drops at the inlanes, in front of the flippers, etc.

#4 7 years ago

Pics here, sorry, not detailed as I haven't taken any.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116763247779177827942/6288673100261036753

There is no wear above the flippers or anywhere else except for some very slight, and I mean slight, wear at right inlane drop that has been touched up and a circle of mylar placed over it. Shooter lane looks good too. It plays extremely well as it should. Kick back works perfectly.

20160521_162539_(resized).jpg20160521_162539_(resized).jpg

20160521_162534_(resized).jpg20160521_162534_(resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Forgot, mirror blades installed too! Red super bands, all new rubber all around.

#6 7 years ago

3kish

#7 7 years ago

^^^...really....awesome... ..............Joey

#8 7 years ago

That's more than I expected. Someone offered me 2400. To be honest, I like the game a lot, the right lanes are brutal, which Iike, and the shots are satisfying. but everything has a price. 3k and Id sell it in a second, 2400, I think I'll keep it and play it, especially given how much I've put into it and how well it looks and plays.

#9 7 years ago

Prices on this have been influx the past year or so. Anywhere between $2200 on the low end to $3500 for minty fresh example with chrome mods and a topper.

#10 7 years ago

Rgb undercab lighting too! No topper

Some modest wear at the flipper buttons. Translight is in very good shape.

#11 7 years ago

You put too much work into this game. T2 is great but anything over 2500 is a pretty hard sell. If you want to be optimistic on a super nice maybe start at 3000.

#12 7 years ago

It's a DMD Williams and it's a good theme. You can't even really touch a DMD data east for less than 18-2k these days.

#13 7 years ago

I'm thinking $2500-@2700?

#14 7 years ago

I don't mind doing the work, I like it, it's part of the hobby and I'm continually learning how games work. Parts aren't expensive.

I took this game in on a trade getting it and a funhouse for my sttng. Had no intention of ever keeping the t2, and figured I'd turn around and sell it, but I think I want to keep it unless I get a very good price for it as space has been an issue for a while. I don't flip games...not that there's anything wrong with that...and consider myself a collector who prides themself on having nice games.

Appreciate the input provided, it's helpful.

#15 7 years ago

That's cool. T2 is just one of those games where I think people too often expect to get their mod money back and it's an uphill battle.

#16 7 years ago

I bought mine for 1500 with switch matrix and coil problems one wear spot and one broken plastic, if it was modded and fixed like it is now I probably would have paid 2400 or 2500for it.

#18 7 years ago

$2500ish now that I see pics. Nice example!

#19 7 years ago

So this is a forsale/auction thread.

#20 7 years ago

Read the thread however you want. Someone mentioned it was worth 3k, for that price, I'd sell it

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Read the thread however you want. Someone mentioned it was worth 3k, for that price, I'd sell it

Personally, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that amount for a T2, but maybe someone else would.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Personally, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that amount for a T2, but maybe someone else would.

It would have to be one of the nicest examples ever, but I like this game enough to pay that for the right one.

#23 7 years ago

You have to be really careful when listing things on a game. "Replacing coil sleeves," "fixing switches" "I fixed a pop bumper" etc, do NOTHING for the value of a game. Stuff that's "working 100% isn't an increase in price, it's the baseline to drop under. I wouldn't pay anymore monies fo someone shopping it either, but to someone maybe that's an extra hundy. "The playfield isn't a shithole" isn't much of a selling point either.

Around here T2 is an $1800 game +/-. So you have a base of 1800,
Pros
Shopped added LEDs/new front cab decal (this is no increase for me either)
Cons
The speaker doesn't work, and the head is/was damaged.

So maybe 2k? I guess $2,100 if the buyer likes Mirror Blades. I also don't know why "super bands" is a selling point.

EDIT: Depending on your area prices of course.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You have to be really careful when listing things on a game. "Replacing coil sleeves," "fixing switches" "I fixed a pop bumper" etc, do NOTHING for the value of a game. Stuff that's "working 100% isn't an increase in price, it's the baseline to drop under. I wouldn't pay anymore monies fo someone shopping it either, but to someone maybe that's an extra hundy. "The playfield isn't a shithole" isn't much of a selling point either.
Around here T2 is an $1800 game +/-. So you have a base of 1800,
Pros
Shopped added LEDs/new front cab decal (this is no increase for me either)
Cons
The speaker doesn't work, and the head is/was damaged.
So maybe 2k? I guess $2,100 if the buyer likes Mirror Blades. I also don't know why "super bands" is a selling point.
EDIT: Depending on your area prices of course.

Thx, but I disagree with most of this. A game that has had switches fixed/replaced
and other parts replaced means someone won't have to do it down the line, or at least not for a long time. It also shows someone cared enough about the game to keep it working properly. There's a lot of labor involved replacing coil sleeves. And, as for shopping, that's worth a lot in my book. Most 25 year old games have not been shopped, have stuff missing, wear and other things wrong, those that don't, command a premium. About the only thing I agree with you on is the super bands, they are $4, but still, I'd rather have them then 25 year old stock flipper rubber.

The game is not for sale, was just curious what a game like mine might fetch since I took it in on trade, nothing more than that. I figured around 2k, seems like it may be a bit higher.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx, but I disagree with most of this. A game that has had switches fixed/replaced
and other parts replaced means someone won't have to do it down the line, or at least not for a long time. It also shows someone cared enough about the game to keep it working properly. There's a lot of labor involved replacing coil sleeves. And, as for shopping, that's worth a lot in my book. Most 25 year old games have not been shopped, have stuff missing, wear and other things wrong, those that don't, command a premium. About the only thing I agree with you on is the super bands, they are $4, but still, I'd rather have them then 25 year old stock flipper rubber.
The game is not for sale, was just curious what a game like mine might fetch since I took it in on trade, nothing more than that. I figured around 2k, seems like it may be a bit higher.

As TheLaw says, all that work should be a given already if you're selling a shopped game. It's not an "extra". The state and condition of the game will determine its price.

1) Cosmetic condition (Does all the artwork look nice on the cab, playfield, and translite? Any fade/wear/scratches/damage?)
2) Operational condition (does everything work? Or are there still a few problems?)
3) The state of the game (Has it been fully shopped, lazily cleaned, or is it fresh off route?)

#26 7 years ago

I'm in favor of more information rather than less. I'd rather someone detail everything done to the game - what was fixed, replaced, cleaned, etc.

The issue of how these things each affect price is up to potential buyers.

#27 7 years ago

You have a lot of fallacies going on here. I'm going to do my best to explain myself as a competent pinball buyer, but seeming how you took some offence to my post, even though we came upon the exact same price, this probably won't mean much to you. Hopefully it does, or someone else.

Quoted from Lermods:

A game that has had switches fixed/replaced and other parts replaced means someone won't have to do it down the line, or at least not for a long time.

It also shows someone cared enough about the game to keep it working properly. There's a lot of labor involved replacing coil sleeves.

Most 25 year old games have not been shopped, have stuff missing, wear and other things wrong, those that don't, command a premium. About the only thing I agree with you on is the super bands, they are $4, but still, I'd rather have them then 25 year old stock flipper rubber.

1. You "fixing a switch" could be you resoldering a wire...if you think I'm going to pay you to rewire a switch, you're crazy. If you "replaced" the switch, what was wrong with the old one? What's your competency level in fixing things? Did you buy a whole new switch when I could have just fixed it myself in a couple of minutes? Why am I paying you for parts for something I could have fixed myself...hell, with parts I have myself? Fixing something now, has no relation, let me say that again, fixing something now has no relation to how long it will last. That's a strange thing for a lot of people to grasp, but it's true. You replace a coil today, it will last for 50 years, or a transistor you didn't replace dies and kills that coil. No way to tell what will happen.

2. I'm guessing this is were you started to take things personally, I apologize, and you shouldn't, it's business.
Your labor isn't worth anything to me. Now very true it may be to someone who cannot fix things, but I'm not that person. Replacing coil sleeves isn't a hard job, and probably wasn't needed everywhere. They cost 30 cents and I throw a new one in when needed, no big deal. People showing mw they care aboot a game or whatever that is doesn't mean anything either. If someone has a HOU T2 and rubbed it with a diaper for 30 years doesn't mean anything more to me than some operator smoking a cigar wiping it down with Naptha, condition is king, it's all that matter. People's agendas do not factor in.

3. I see there's no middle ground on this issue which is weird. You act like every T2 is an old ass game sitting around in an alley for 30 years. Where would I be buying a T2 with 25 year old stock flipper rubber? Makes no sense. Why are most games not shopped? How much is it worth to me, as a buyer, for you to do that job? It could save me some time, so like I said maybe a hundo for your time. You're taking off some ramps and cleaning a game; it's not that tough. Takes some time, and it adds $100.

4. We came in right around the same amount.

EDIT: More things subtract form your base price than add to it. Now, if you're PF is really nice, that could be a couple hundy more, but your pictures don't show that so I cannot judge that.

Quoted from Lermods:

No shit

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Your labor isn't worth anything to me. Now very true it may be to someone who cannot fix things, but I'm not that person.

But this right here suggests that a seller should be listing all of his meaningful "sweat equity" in the game. If some buyers are going to care about it, he should list it regardless of whether it means anything to you or ForceFlow.

I'm with westofrome, the more info in an advert the happier I am, even if he's listing stuff that's of no great value to me.

#29 7 years ago

5. Yeah it's not necessary but not any worse than all the other extra bullshit people put in ads like "only selling because my astrologist told me to."

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But this right here suggests that a seller should be listing all of his meaningful "sweat equity" in the game. If some buyers are going to care about it, he should list it regardless of whether it means anything to you or ForceFlow.
I'm with westofrome, the more info in an advert the happier I am, even if he's listing stuff that's of no great value to me.

Sure sure, diff'rent buyers diff'rent things are important. He can list everything he wants and more...I'm just saying the longer the list, does not equal more monies. You can trick yourself as you go on and start thinking "jesus I did a ton of work here...this has to add value!" Well the thing is it doesn't always.
At the end of the day, you have an LED'd T2 with a busted speaker and a damaged head with mirror blades, and crappy dark pictures...know what I'm saying?

EDIT: The more info the better you say and it's hard to disagree with that! But at a certain(t) point you're just talking to talk; or listing to list. When saying "all plastics are not broken..." I mean what does that mean? It implies that the plastics usually are broken, so you're slyly adding something that is not an addition. Why not say "legs are not rusted," or "drop target works great?"
Sure these are things you could know...but they're also things that are implied on a basic sale to begin with.

#31 7 years ago

Here's an ad I put up recently for a game I refurbished.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive/34303

I listed pretty much everything I did to it to show that it was gone through thoroughly. Some people want to know every detail, some people don't care and just want to know the condition of it as it sits.

Even though I spent an incredible amount of time bringing that game back from the dead, a buyer won't care how much money I sunk into it or how much sweat equity I added to it. And that's fine--nothing wrong with that.

If a game is working as it should and if the condition is acceptable, then it will fetch fair market value. If a game has issues, then there will be a few deductions on the price.

#32 7 years ago

A few pics...have at it...far from perfect, but pretty nice.

20160525_210315_(resized).jpg20160525_210315_(resized).jpg
20160525_210405_(resized).jpg20160525_210405_(resized).jpg
20160525_210358_(resized).jpg20160525_210358_(resized).jpg
20160525_210331_(resized).jpg20160525_210331_(resized).jpg
20160525_210325_(resized).jpg20160525_210325_(resized).jpg
20160525_210513_(resized).jpg20160525_210513_(resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago

I'll sell mine for $2900.....topper....2 bottles of booze...!!!............Joey

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'll sell mine for $2900.....topper....2 bottles of booze...!!!............Joey

I'll take the booze. Keep the pin.

#35 7 years ago

I really hope we are not at the point ttat t2's like this are 2500-3k? Just 6 months ago I passed on quite a few less than 2k ...if these are worth near 3k now than my bsd, congo and tz are worth much more than I thought. Soon there won't be any dmd pins below 3-4k which makes it hard for new people to get in the hobby

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I really hope we are not at the point ttat t2's like this are 2500-3k? Just 6 months ago I passed on quite a few less than 2k ...if these are worth near 3k now than my bsd, congo and tz are worth much more than I thought. Soon there won't be any dmd pins below 3-4k which makes it hard for new people to get in the hobby

Right, and stern, JJP and others charging $5-$9k nib makes it any easier to get in? Because nib are so expensive, it's the lower end DMDs that are seeing the biggest percentage price increase and higher demand, at least for some of the better themed games. Hell, look at demo man. T2 is a much better game than demo man IMO and I see demo man fetching $2500! Bsd at 3k? You couldn't give demo man away three or four years ago.

Prior to starting this thread, I was offered $2400 and the buyer was willing to pay to ship it cross country. He knew the game in its prior state, liked what I had done and wanted it. I turned it down because I like the game and would like to keep it for now. Now if I could only get this damn cabinet speaker working! Stupid wiring doesn't match the schematic and I'm hearing Williams had multiple wiring setups for T2.

#37 7 years ago

I think your game looks pretty good, but realistically $2500 is about what it's worth, and I don't think it would sell fast. They made a lot of them. A pretty nice one locally has been sitting on CL for quite some time at $2500.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

A few pics...have at it...far from perfect, but pretty nice.

It's a decent T2. Are these old pictures? You have insert wear & the plastics are totally yellowed, which is common of course...the main thing that makes me think is you have an old filthy rubber you didn't change, the game is dirty with ball trails in inlanes, the dirt around star posts, and all your posts have caked in crud at the bottom. These are probably old pics before you shopped it, because if you're looking to increase the value by shopping it, that's not a good job

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's always hurricane and premier games!

#40 7 years ago

A clean, working game sells for more money than a dirty, broken one.

That's where the "parts and labor" value increase comes from.

This isn't complicated.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

A clean, working game sells for more money than a dirty, broken one.
That's where the "parts and labor" value increase comes from.
This isn't complicated.

It actually is more so than you'd think, which is why these threads happen all the time.

#42 7 years ago

Has no one pointed out you are missing the Skynet Command Center plastic over the entrance to the right ramp?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

Has no one pointed out you are missing the Skynet Command Center plastic over the entrance to the right ramp?

Oh shit.

Sub $2,000 game.

#44 7 years ago

Ye of little faith, those were older pics...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-t2-artificial-intelligence-plastic

Back Above $2k now

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Back Above $2k now

Not until we see some new pics

#46 7 years ago

I guess it was shortsighted on my part to assume the pics in your price check post were current.

Anyway, since you asked for it I figure it is kosher to also point out you do in fact have a broken plastic at the right entrance to the skull.

#47 7 years ago

I guess it was shortsighted on my part to assume the pics in your price check post were current.
Anyway, since you asked for it I figure it is kosher to also point out you do in fact have a broken plastic at the right entrance to the skull.

Oh shit!

-$1500

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-terminator-2-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.