• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nikpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 9 years ago

Routed at one point. Been in a private 1 pin home for probably a decade.
Has minimal battery damage it appears (some around the holder but initial inspection looks like confined to that area). Game boots. Some switch errors but appears to be a burnt Mosfet or 2. GI burnt out > probably a connector.

Avg condition overall. Nothing special but not a turd and would likely clean up to a nice player with a little love.

What do you say?

How much if you were buying?
How much if you were selling?

#3 9 years ago

Depending on pf condition, with board damage 6-800.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Depending on pf condition, with board damage 6-800.

pf is better than most I have seen but does have wear at a few spots >> only looked at it for a short bit.

#5 9 years ago

In spite of the crazy crowd trying to get 2-3000 for taxis, is still taxi. It's a fun game but so are almost all sys 11s. Taxi is not even a top sys 11. It's more upper midrange.

#6 9 years ago

anyone else?

#7 9 years ago

Duffman I agree w/ Midcoastsurf $800. Mine plays FANTASTIC has new rottendog board, rebuilt pops and flippers but cab is whether, It doesn't know if she's a Marilyn or LOLA and i value it at around $1200 due to the excellent play ability, new RD and rebuilds I did. So if you bought that for $800 did your repairs you would be around where I fell mine is at

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

In spite of the crazy crowd trying to get 2-3000 for taxis, is still taxi. It's a fun game but so are almost all sys 11s. Taxi is not even a top sys 11. It's more upper midrange.

It's the fifth highest rated system 11. The average selling price on ebay may13-14 is above $2k. Keep talking it down just because you can't find one and want the price to be lower. I know three people that currently do not own machines that want me to find them a taxi. It's *very* popular.

#9 9 years ago

If you plan on doing your own board work and the play field is in decent shape and topper is still there $850-$950.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks all.

Dave PM me if you want to let me know who is looking.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It's the fifth highest rated system 11. The average selling price on ebay may13-14 is above $2k. Keep talking it down just because you can't find one and want the price to be lower. I know three people that currently do not own machines that want me to find them a taxi. It's *very* popular.

Never said it's not popular, sys 11 in general is great. But it's still sys 11 they don't have the value of dmds. There are 16 sys 11 games, being 5 on this site puts it at the bottom of the top games or top of the middle games. It's tired for 6th in ipdb which has many more rankings than here. Different places rank different too my point is still valid, thanks for validating my point.

#12 9 years ago

They come up around ohio 800-1200 every couple of months. I got mine for 800 did a ton of work and sold it for 1600 of which I lost 160 to ebay. Took me about 3 months on there to sell it. Mine had a near perfect cab and an 8.5/10 playfield with very little wear. Fully working after a good amount of board work. Truth is I'd buy it back. I love taxi but there's plenty more out there, just need to have the funds when it pops.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-taxi-dirty-but-should-clean-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.