• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0015-25.JPG
#1 9 years ago

It's been a few months since there's been a price check for Taxi, and recently I've seen the price of this game going all over the place, so I'm wondering what people think it's actually worth.

The Taxi I'm looking at in particular is a Marilyn Taxi which has some playfield wear at the spots where the habitrails drop-off, as well as wear under the pop bumpers. Other than that it also has a fairly beat-up cabinet, although the game functions well.

However for this thread in addition to what that particular Taxi may be worth, I'm also curious to what the game sells for in other conditions. Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

$1250 if you really want it.
Sounds like it's worth $1000.
Get it for $850
I think realty nice Taxi sells for $1700

#3 9 years ago

No way. Taxis around me are much more rare and therefore fetch higher prices.

#4 9 years ago

In that shape, $1100 as long as it all works and the displays are good. Cabs are easy to touch-up.

#5 9 years ago

I paid about 850.00 for my Marilyn.
Needed to re-pin the GI male/female connectors and various connectors on the interconnect board. Had to remove batteries and put in memory capacitor. Right flipper was weak. Ended up having to get an entire mounting bracket to replace. Left ramp was cracked slightly but still functional. Needed new drop target decals for marilyn. Mylar needs to be removed. Certain spots are bubbling. I mark it down as a WIN in my book.

#6 9 years ago

If it has a new upper display tube installed and works 100% with the topper and manual, but the wrong sling shot plastics and the seller is a really awesome kind of guy but doesn't have time right now to shop it out fully....$1600 all day long.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0015-25.JPGIMG_0015-25.JPG
#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

If it has a new upper display tube installed and works 100% with the topper and manual, but the wrong sling shot plastics and the seller is a really awesome kind of guy but doesn't have time right now to shop it out fully....$1600 all day long.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0015-25.JPG 55 KB

Heh, I wish I could pay the asking for that so you can get back how much you've invested, but I'm not sure I can make it up that high having a tight budget and space. GLWS though!

Also thanks for the information everyone, that will certainly help me as I continue to search for Taxi!

#8 9 years ago

As a reference to another SYS11 game, I got a pinbot in excellent "players" shape for $1000, meaning it needed a little cabinet touch-up & filling and slight playfield wear, but otherwise was working perfectly. These are a little more rare, so tack on like $100-200 for this title in similar condition.

#9 9 years ago

Fully working, average players condition Taxis IMO average midpoint about $1000. Look for deals slightly below that for slightly worse condition, or slightly above that for better condition. So $800-$1200.

#10 9 years ago

The main problem is condition. There are plenty of Taxi's out there in players condition (or worse), but not many collector quality ones. Huge differences on the price spectrum, and rightfully so.

#11 9 years ago

Taxis wear hard. If the game is complete and working, $800-$1000. Deep shopped and dialed in, with some LEDs perhaps? Maybe $1200. I'm sure now that the playfields, backglasses, plastics, toppers and spinout ramp were repro'd you are going to see collectors quality games around $2500+.

Things to steer clear of: Marilyn vs Lola... really doesn't matter which one you get, don't let people tell you Marilyn is uber rare and deserves a premium. While all the parts are repro'd don't discount how expensive they are. If you find a game missing a topper, its $130. Same with Spinout being cracked.

I got mine for $500 (seller wasn't a collector and was asking $1000) two years ago. Even with the cheap price I had to replace all of the items listed above so I am underwater. Of course once my Taxi is back together I am NEVER selling it.

#12 9 years ago

taxis seemed to be going for a grand awhile back, now they seem steady on the rise

#13 9 years ago

I'm totally wanting a taxi too, but cant find a local one for a reasonable number.

#14 9 years ago

The question you need to answer is how many taxi have you seen for sale in the last year?
People buy them and keep them.
Do you really want a taxi?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

The question you need to answer is how many taxi have you seen for sale in the last year?
People buy them and keep them.
Do you really want a taxi?

Taxi is top on my want list, but I'm looking for one in excellent condition. I think what I've learned is to steer clear of this rough one at its asking price and hope I can find something in good condition at a premium or get a low price project and get all the repro stuff.

Thanks for all the advice!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

hope I can find something in good condition at a premium or get a low price project and get all the repro stuff.

I cant blame you there. This one is rough around the edges and like I stated it's a players game at this point, but it can all be fixed but would take more time and money then I think any of you guys want to put into this title. I'm just saying what I'm into it for, which is alot for its condition and it is what it is...I'm just trying to get back as much as I can of course. Good luck in your search, I'm sure you'll do better then this one.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

3 months later
#17 9 years ago

Sorry to pull this old post back up but I had someone asking if it was still for sale..., so this is to let everyone know that might look this up like he did that it did sell shortly after this was posted three months ago.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-taxi-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.