(Topic ID: 71151)

Price Check: Tales of the Arabian Nights (November, 2013 Edition!)

By Fatsquatch

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mollyspub
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Working re-import with fairly nice cabinet art. Game seems to have had a rough time while across the pond, and has insert and playfield wear/damage, broken plastics, broken and cracked ramps, failing DMD, and in desperate need of a complete teardown and shop-job.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/triumphky/embed/slideshow/TOTAN%20pics

#2 10 years ago

Haven't you heard? It's being remade in 2015, so I wouldn't pay more than maybe $1500.

#3 10 years ago

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Haven't you heard? It's being remade in 2015, so I wouldn't pay more than maybe $1500.

It was funny once.... in two separate posts by the op, its not...

#5 10 years ago

For some reason, the price of TOTAN went nuts starting about a year ago. You used to be able to pick these up for around $3k in pretty nice shape... maybe 2 years ago? I saw one go for around $6k at the Ohio show that needed some TLC for sure. Sounds like this one should go for around $4k in today's market, but that's way too much for this pin (in that condition) IMO.

#6 10 years ago

Hey, no harm intended. If anything I may have discouraged someone from posting the same thing and actually being serious about it.

I'll even chip in. My buddy sold his TOTAN earlier this year for 5k. His had some touched up cab damage (chips taken out) and also some switch errors he couldn't figure out. I think 6k or even more isn't out of the question for a really nice one lately. Agree on 4k-ish for a beater.

#7 10 years ago

Last one I saw sold for $5.7k. It was in a better shape than you report but still needed some bits and pieces.

#8 10 years ago

Get this one instead:

kansascity.craigslist.org link

#10 10 years ago

I had originally offered the owner $3,500 (as part of a trade) and opted to do the 4-hour round trip to make the deal, but he wasn't having it. His friend had told him that TOTANs bring $5,500 to $6,500, and he doesn't want to let it go for less than $5,000. I had explained the reasons why certain examples go for upwards of $6,500 and why his didn't meet that criteria, but it was still a no-go. (Even though he admitted that he's not that knowledgeable about pin condition and values, he says he knows that his machine is worth far more than my offer.)

The owner's a real nice guy, and I'm afraid it's just a situation where he might have unknowingly severely overpaid for that TOTAN when he bought it, and is just trying to get as much of his money back as possible. Which I totally understand...but I always try to be fair when making deals with folks, and that has got to include being fair to myself.

I've considered upping my offer a little bit, but man, it's tough. This game is just going to take a lot of time and money to straighten out.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Working re-import with fairly nice cabinet art. Game seems to have had a rough time while across the pond, and has insert and playfield wear/damage, broken plastics, broken and cracked ramps, failing DMD, and in desperate need of a complete teardown and shop-job.
http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/triumphky/embed/slideshow/TOTAN%20pics

$3400-$3900 would be a very generous range. That game needs a lot of $ in parts and labor.

#12 10 years ago

Just saw your recent post. The guy is nuts if he thinks he is getting $5K

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I've considered upping my offer a little bit, but man, it's tough. This game is just going to take a lot of time and money to straighten out.

Walk away, it's not worth it.

#14 10 years ago

A 4 hour round trip and his price point don't add up. I would keep looking. Re imports can have had a really tough life on a route... SAE and Metric hardware swaps and weird repairs... I think its more trouble in that condition. If it looked prefect, maybe... But it doesn't.

#15 10 years ago

One sold last month in cl Phoenix for 6500 ....

#16 10 years ago

my ultimate kick myself in the ass pinball moment was passing on a nice for $3500 about two years ago...

#17 10 years ago

Ha I saw that a few days ago. The KC CL is so sparse or largely overpriced it's not easy finding a second pin.

#18 10 years ago

I thought that the display was failing because of this picture...

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x468/triumphky/TOTAN%20pics/IMG_3706_zps700bae0a.jpg?245

...but the owner assures me that's not the case. He says the display is fine, even after running for an extended time. I guess we just had a bad picture, so that's one less problem the machine has.

4 months later
#19 10 years ago

is this true ??? havent heard this before. how much ?

#20 10 years ago

8,000.00 all remakes are starting at 8,000.00. Ed

1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 119.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.50
$ 84.99
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-tales-of-the-arabian-nights-november-2013-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.