E1DEEA4E-BBC5-45F8-8216-BB0D198EB57D (resized).jpeg
68ADFA6E-1DA4-4D1A-B7D2-4DEF88BC6C13 (resized).jpeg
342B0669-C0E6-4674-80C4-02DF0B04CF75 (resized).jpeg
617E43D5-63A0-46C9-81B3-000729007EF0 (resized).jpeg
393D5A64-30B4-455F-8DB2-BF1E91145A73 (resized).jpeg
653B0261-5E0F-4755-A270-3B32021D395B (resized).jpeg
9A0D7CE8-2526-49B2-87C6-CBBE7A5EABD7 (resized).jpeg
0B4B04DC-298C-441E-B40F-0DDE76B8D4A8 (resized).jpeg
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

Not at all. I was shopping for TAF in 2011 and 4- 5k was the price for a decent one and it kept going up from there.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

You know, a couple of us are doing our part to make pinball more affordable and here you guys are, falling all over yourselves to tell this dude $10K +... unbelievable.

Well get your games on the market then and bring pinball to the people!

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Based on your wishlist, good luck with that.

To be fair, it is called a "wishlist"!

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

You know, a couple of us are doing our part to make pinball more affordable and here you guys are, falling all over yourselves to tell this dude $10K +... unbelievable.

Sure!

Knock yourself out!

Make pinball affordable!

But I'd recommend you do that with people who love pinball, as a hobby, as a passion. As a personal transaction.

If you sell a machine to just anybody, 'just anybody' is likely to sell that Addams you just sold to him for 6k on Ebay for 16k.

Unless you tightly control your buyers actions, you didn't make pinball affordable... you enabled someone else to make 10k profit.

(The top listing in Ebay's completed listings shows that there was a buyer who paid $16,687 for his machine after shipping, and probably paid sales tax on top of that... I'm not exaggerating when I say that there IS a buyer at $16k.)

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

Yes, lying about what you believe market value on a game is and suggesting unrealistically low values in price check threads is really going to make pinball more affordable!

I didn't realize it worked that way, but thank you for your service!

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Well get your games on the market then and bring pinball to the people!

Amen brother!

However, I like to have a new one ready in the chamber before I sell one, so you see, me finding a TAF for around $6K would really be beneficially for everyone.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, lying about what you believe market value on a game is and suggesting unrealistically low values in price check threads is really going to make pinball more affordable!
I didn't realize it worked that way, but thank you for your service!

You're welcome!

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

While I agree that colordmd is expensive, and I find them jarring... I think that MY Addams would be closer to what the game was designed to be, not heavily modded...
Can you point out a (non-used) Plasma DMD for sale that isn't the $499 Marco is charging?
Because at $479 for a colordmd, that appears to be the cheaper option.
(shakes his head) What-a-world...

I recently sold the orange DMD out of my Stern Pirates for $80 or $100. Game only had a few hundred plays.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

You're welcome!

How much for the Deadpool?

#60 1 year ago

I think I got the info I needed. Some good advice, some bad, and a flame war.

I think this thread has gone off topic from what I was originally looking for. With the market the way it is, I was looking at what a fair market value would be if I was to sell this particular Addams with its condition. I’ve not sold a game before, just bought them locally or through a distributor.

Sorry Bohm, this Addams will not be for sale for 6k nor will it be posted for 16k.

I might put it out there for sale locally in Boise and if it doesn’t sell, I won’t lose any sleep. If I don’t sell, maybe I’ll have a major restore performed on it.

I think it’s time this thread gets locked.

#61 1 year ago

Reasonably nice TAFs get $9-12K all day now.

Quoted from HitLines:

I do miss the "affordable" days. And $4k TZ titles.

There were days where the nicest of TZs were $3,000. I bought my first machine, coincidentally a TAF, for $2,500.

Quoted from Bohm:

Will you fine martyrs check your crosses, or will you carry them on the plane when you come down for TPF?

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:You know, a couple of us are doing our part to make pinball more affordable and here you guys are, falling all over yourselves to tell this dude $10K +... unbelievable.

For sure not all of us wants too get more for any pin just because some people are trying too keep it affordable still ,when they are mint and a full restored done right sure they are not cheap

#63 1 year ago

Ask what u want and go from there enjoy bud

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from HitLines:

I do miss the "affordable" days. And $4k TZ titles.

"Affordable" is of course relative. At one time $4k for a TZ was ridiculous and someday you will be kicking yourself for not buying a TAF when they were "only" $9k.

#65 1 year ago

I am afraid to ask what a HEP TAF sells for

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

1... million... dollars....

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Herm:

I think I got the info I needed. Some good advice, some bad, and a flame war.
I think this thread has gone off topic from what I was originally looking for. With the market the way it is, I was looking at what a fair market value would be if I was to sell this particular Addams with its condition. I’ve not sold a game before, just bought them locally or through a distributor.
Sorry Bohm, this Addams will not be for sale for 6k nor will it be posted for 16k.
I might put it out there for sale locally in Boise and if it doesn’t sell, I won’t lose any sleep. If I don’t sell, maybe I’ll have a major restore performed on it.
I think it’s time this thread gets locked.

Ok, I thought I was being obvious but

233F1BEC-B84A-4A08-B9E8-1ECFC0E37A00 (resized).jpeg233F1BEC-B84A-4A08-B9E8-1ECFC0E37A00 (resized).jpeg
#68 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

25k plus

#69 1 year ago

That’s insanity. I love my games and pinball but not at that price

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

16-20kish

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I am afraid to ask what a HEP TAF sells for</blockquote

That’s insanity. I love my games and pinball but not at that price

Check out HEP’s pricing on just the labor alone.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:How much for the Deadpool?

$3,500. I'm first in line.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Herm:

Check out HEP’s pricing on just the labor alone.

Yeah what is the average price of labor on one of his games. I was thinking about having home do my TZ and Indiana Jones but now way paying 10k for a restoration

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Yeah what is the average price of labor on one of his games. I was thinking about having home do my TZ and Indiana Jones but now way paying 10k for a restoration

Their pricing services lists $6-8500 in labor for modern games.

http://www.highendpins.com/pricing-services/

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

$3,500. I'm first in line.

Is this an "about tree-fiddy" joke?

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Ya crazy I do my own full restores IJ is done TAF is next

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

omg, i could only imagine.

#78 1 year ago

In one more time before the lock! Good luck with sale that will be priced $6000 - $16000 based on input from this thread. But that’s the internets for yah.

Good luck with the sale and “on to the next one”!

My favorite pin answer is like if you asked Tom Brady which was his favorite ring - his answers and mine? “The next one”

#79 1 year ago

I mean I like all my pins alright, but the next one could be my “perfect world under glass!”

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

In one more time before the lock! Good luck with sale that will be priced $6000 - $16000 based on input from this thread. But that’s the internets for yah.
Good luck with the sale and “on to the next one”!
My favorite pin answer is like if you asked Tom Brady which was his favorite ring - his answers and mine? “The next one”

The 16k comment I made was someone mentioning an Ebay sale that went that high. Mine won’t go that high unless it was a gold edition or a high end restore. Mines a player’s condition with some miles on it.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Herm:

The 16k comment I made was someone mentioning an Ebay sale that went that high. Mine won’t go that high unless it was a gold edition or a high end restore. Mines a player’s condition with some miles on it.

Yes the TAFG goes for that in great shape there’s one on Pinside right now he was asking 18500 but now down too 15k or so ,the market always tells u when u put it up for sale for anything

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

So, Interestingly, when you take something to a pawn shop and they are asked to value it, they look to Ebay COMPLETED LISTINGS.
ebay.com link: sch
$15,888 + 799 Shipping
$16,201.10
(15,499) Best offer accepted
$13,995 + 695 shipping
$13,888 + 799 shipping
$11,500
That's not speculation, that's what actual machines have sold for in the past few months.
If you look at ebay, you get what people are ASKING for the machine.
People are asking:
$15,499 + 529 shipping
$14,500 + 550 shipping
So!
I would say that there IS a buyer at $16,000 type prices for your machine. There are many buyers at $14,999. If you can wait, and connect with them, I think you can achieve that price.
If you gotta sell it, yes, $13k, or even $12k will sell quicker.

If any of you reading the above post fall in this category of buyers...Please, Please pm me! LOL I'm sure I've got something around here I can sell you.

#83 1 year ago

I got wet land in FL too sell lol

#84 1 year ago

I got an Addams back in 2003 for 4k retail because it was my first pin and I didn't know any better. Still have it and that one will be the last to go. I didnt think a remake could happen for TAF but these prices are really pushing it. CGC has got to be seriously thinking about how to get around the license issue now with these prices.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,I would take 11k for mine!! Up graded to "Gold" Completely rebuilt with many popular mods! Norcal pickup only!!

I Challenge You! PM'ed you for someone else.

Smiley face in hopes you were serious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 180.00
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-taf-3/page/2?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.