New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 153902)

Price Check: T2 Average condition

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ktrain315
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

subject says it all.

What is the fair price on a T2 assuming fully working and average condition? Likely needs shop job and clean up.
Probably a chipped plastic here or there. Average condition overall for age. Nothing special but not roached either.

What would you pay to pick it up?

#2 4 years ago

Picked up one a few weeks ago for $1400. Needs full tear down shop job, missing the ship, small spot of PF wear above right flipper, might need to rebuild the HV section of the DMD driver board. Actually that had to be done on the last T2 I had 6 months ago.

#3 4 years ago

People will say like around 2k

but In my opinion it should be around 1500

Both numbers give or take a couple hundred

#4 4 years ago

Realistically $2k for a players condition T2. Those who say less are just wishing for the old days.

That said you can find some real beater examples for less depending on your tolerances.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

And I would say average is $1800 so that's pretty much in the middle. I saw one sit for a little bit @ 2k and go quick @ 1800.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Realistically $2k for a players condition T2. Those who say less are just wishing for the old days.
That said you can find some real beater examples for less depending on your tolerances.

Fact.

*I* probably wouldn't pay more than $1700 but somebody else probably would.

#8 4 years ago

Depending on location I guess.

#9 4 years ago

thanks for the input gents

#10 4 years ago

Pinside estimated value $2130 to $2470.

#11 4 years ago

I paid $1500 a few years back for my "nice player's condition but needed shopping and a little driver board work" specimen.

#12 4 years ago

Sold a nice/unshopped one instantly for $1800 last year with a short line of people and someone offering $1900. People are dying to overpay for T2 these days, man that game isn't worth the high asking prices these days, sometimes like $2.5. But I guess Whysnow wants it for the location players who don't know better!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

what's that old saying about wishing in 1 hand and shitting in the other?

#14 4 years ago

$2K. There aren't many decent DMDs in the top 100 under $2K with anything resembling moderately engaging game play. T2 certainly has a simplistic game play. It shines with its tie in to the movie, the artwork, and of course Arnolds classic callouts.
I see many T2's listed at $2500+ price points. Always wonder what they actually sell for or if they actually sell. Personally, I think most potential T2 buyers leave there comfort zone at $2200 - $2400.

#15 4 years ago

1700 is reasonable

#16 4 years ago

Full shop with PF tear down, cannon rebuilt, flippers rebuilt, LEDs $2200

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Both numbers give or take a couple hundred

I think this is spot on. It's a true classic and has arguably the greatest super jackpot in all of pinball, but it feels shallow and gets old quick. Most I've seen are in players condition, nice ones are tough to find.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 19.99
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside