Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by agodfrey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

A Swords of Fury has come up and I'm just wondering what everybody thinks it's worth. Here is a link to the ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-consoles-other/calgary/williams-swords-of-fury-pinball-machine/1016288322?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true there are a few pictures posted.

#2 9 years ago

That's way high in my opinion. I have a SOF in nice shape...I'd say the range would be from $1200-$1800 depending on condition. It's a great System11 pin.

#3 9 years ago

Such a great game. I know you guys generally pay more up in Hockeyland, but that still seems excessive!

#4 9 years ago

Yeah, I figured it's pretty high, I just wanted some thoughts on what it's actual value is. I can't imagine he would be willing to come down to half the asking price.

#5 9 years ago

It would have to be absolutely perfect for me to consider it at 1800 here. I'd expect that in Canada, you'd be looking at a couple hundred more just going by current trends. And once again, that's assuming perfect shape and at that I'd only consider it at that price.

#6 9 years ago

I agree with above. Nice one 1200 bucks in this environment. Over that it better be super nice.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

It would have to be absolutely perfect for me to consider it at 1800 here. I'd expect that in Canada, you'd be looking at a couple hundred more just going by current trends. And once again, that's assuming perfect shape and at that I'd only consider it at that price.

I chose that range because I turned down an offer of $1500 for mine a couple months back. Mine is about an 8/10. It seems as though this title is creeping up in value in a bit in my opinion.

#9 9 years ago

It's a little high but it's not a machine you see every day... or month. However I would suggest passing on this one because of the damage to the UPF.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You know what I am going to say...

Wait for it.......

#11 9 years ago

It's not a bad price for Alberta to be honest.

#12 9 years ago

It's coming ...

#13 9 years ago

I really have no idea what you are going to say........

#14 9 years ago

Umm... Catwoman?

#15 9 years ago

Sold mine for $900 shopped/mylared. $2600 is pure robbery.

#17 9 years ago

I don't know if I should...

They say that sometimes it is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.........

2 weeks later
#18 9 years ago

Would you say players condition for $1000-$1200 is unrealistic? That's what I am hoping for. Well what I have to work with...ha

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Would you say players condition for $1000-$1200 is unrealistic? That's what I am hoping for. Well what I have to work with...ha

I don't think that's unrealistic. You may have to wait awhile though as its not one to come up often.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

You may have to wait awhile

Well I have a lead. Someone I bought a pin off before has one and he said he wants to play it for 6 months then rotate out. So I just wanted to know what a fair price was so I can save up and set it aside. There are two other owners in my area so I think ONE of them might want to rotate out eventually. I am willing to wait though.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Players condition could mean a lot of things. For a price that low, there'd need to be some playfield damage. Or a desperate seller.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Players condition could mean a lot of things. For a price that low, there'd need to be some playfield damage. Or a desperate seller.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. I hear some people say $900 is fair, some say $1500 is a steal. I guess it depends on what the seller got it for and how much they put into it. I've searched the forum and I have seen everything from $900-$1500. So I split it. We'll see when the time comes. Again, it all depends on the person. I mean I have a Gorgar. Got it at a great price, have done a lot of board work and LED to it. Even that said I would be willing to let it go at a good price. Then again I see plenty of $1500-$2000 selling. SELLING. Which is crazy to me.

I see Black Knights for $1000 and I see them for $2300.

TJSYNKRAL, if you were ready to sell your's what would you ask?I want to be realistic.

#23 9 years ago

I'm glad I know what pin lovers value this table at. It'll be a good estimate of how much I should look for. In the end I don't mind paying what it's worth. As long as I know that when it comes time to rotate out I can legitimately get that range (if it is in the same shape or better than when I got it). I hate being the guy who needs to get $500 over what it's worth simply because I was bamboozled.

2 weeks later
#24 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

TJSYNKRAL, if you were ready to sell your's what would you ask?I want to be realistic.

Mine is in basically the same condition I got it, which is excellent, so I'd start at $2,400 which is a very small premium on what I paid, and see if anyone bites. If I was desperate for cash, sure, I'd start it on a bargain price.

Mine is in 95% flawless original condition though, no insert wear, no visible cracked parts (I did get a repro plastic set to replace one piece), and really it's amazing especially since it definitely was routed. Most of the credit goes to the mylar which I don't dare try to remove.

If you see one for $1500 or less in good condition, buy it!

#25 9 years ago

I'm looking for one in player's condition if anyone has one they wanna sell. $1k-1200 range.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

If you see one for $1500 or less in good condition, buy it!

Well great news!!! I found one well within my price range that I am heading on a little road trip this weekend to get. It is is pretty good condition with some wear on the PF and the inserts need new decals (included) new backglass. One I get it I'll post some pics and details. I count myself very very very lucky to have found one.

#27 9 years ago

The other thing I will mention is that for me as long as it is playable and not in totally trashed condition I am cool with that. It's about the game for me and I love the artwork but if it's not 100% perfect so what if it saves me $500. BUT that said I understand wanting 'perfection'

On a side note I just made some Free play cards for SoF if anyone would like them. Just send them to CVS, Walgreens, or the like on 4x6 prints and you are set:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixhdpgra5us8fl2/SoFCards.zip?dl=0

1 week later
#28 9 years ago

Agodfrey, enjoy that SOF, I did click on your dropbox link it appears to be removed?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from PAR:

Agodfrey, enjoy that SOF, I did click on your dropbox link it appears to be removed?

I did a little updating. Here you go. New link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jogl75rgdhnyg4n/AAA5nG2UvbadkyjAgdBna5-_a?dl=0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-swords-of-fury-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.