image-555.jpg
image-262.jpg
image-701.jpg
image-441.jpg
bb-arcade1on(768).jpg
image-910.jpg
image-181.jpg
image-837.jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I figured everyone talks bad about it on here so I didn't wanna try on here lol o well

I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

All these people talking up this game as a $2500 title would have disappeared like a fart in the wind if you were trying to unload it for anywhere near that price here.

But hey...it has 3 flippers...JUST LIKE TRON! And multiple upkicks! And a Subway!

Clearly a better game than AFM.

#52 9 years ago

It's a Premier Gottlieb. Clearly its not as good a game as AFM. And the *amount* of flippers doesn't make the game instantly better. And I certainly think $2500 is a lot of money. But $1400? that's a decent price. I sold one for $1500 with LEDs and shopped out a year ago. It'sa Mario! It's a great theme and a ton of fun, especially for people new to pinball.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It's a Premier Gottlieb. Clearly its not as good a game as AFM. And the *amount* of flippers doesn't make the game instantly better. And I certainly think $2500 is a lot of money. But $1400? that's a decent price. I sold one for $1500 with LEDs and shopped out a year ago. It'sa Mario! It's a great theme and a ton of fun, especially for people new to pinball.

Perhaps you are being rash here in dismissing it in comparison of AFM.

Are you are that - in addition to all the features already listed, SMB has:

Moving playfield parts
Character voiceovers
LOTS of lighting effects?
Exit lane eject ball save
...and lots, lots more?

Care to rethink your opinion? With all of the features listed - and lots more - I'm hearing $2500 "all day long" on this title. Just check the posts in this thread!

#54 9 years ago

I just sold mine to a Nintendo collector for $2500... I didn't really want to sell it, but had to make room for another machine and for that offer I couldn't pass it up!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Perhaps you are being rash here in dismissing it in comparison of AFM.
Are you are that - in addition to all the features already listed, SMB has:
Moving playfield parts
Character voiceovers
LOTS of lighting effects?
Exit lane eject ball save
...and lots, lots more?
Care to rethink your opinion? With all of the features listed - and lots more - I'm hearing $2500 "all day long" on this title. Just check the posts in this thread!

if you haven't ever bought or sold this game, then you are just noise, right ?

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

I just sold mine to a Nintendo collector for $2500... I didn't really want to sell it, but had to make room for another machine and for that offer I couldn't pass it up!

how about that.
hope they enjoy it as much as our family & friends enjoy ours.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn't feel so bad about it.
All these people talking up this game as a $2500 title would have disappeared like a fart in the wind if you were trying to unload it for anywhere near that price here.
But hey...it has 3 flippers...JUST LIKE TRON! And multiple upkicks! And a Subway!
Clearly a better game than AFM.

Troll much ?

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

how about that.
hope they enjoy it as much as our family & friends enjoy ours.

I absolutley loved my SMB and never thought it would leave our collection, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to move on to bigger and better things

#59 9 years ago

Well, let's keep the thread positive...I've finished cleaning it up and making adjustments. I was very surprised how fun the game is, nice sounds, decent rule set, quite a few shots to hit. Not terribly hard, but it's fun. I didn't know it had a video mode.

One thing I need to adjust still is the right vuk, shoots it out and it bounces right back in some times. Slings weren't working well, but adjusted the leaf switches and now they are pretty sensitive. And, I got most of the backbox lights going. Rubbers replaced. All that's left is new locks and LEDs, waiting on the order to arrive. After a few games, I hit 314mil, but only 2 castles destroyed.

One thing I can't figure out is how to get it out of test mode without shutting the game off. Manual says activate slam switch, but I don't see it...anyone?

Pics...

image-441.jpgimage-441.jpg image-701.jpgimage-701.jpg image-262.jpgimage-262.jpg image-555.jpgimage-555.jpg image-751.jpgimage-751.jpg image-281.jpgimage-281.jpg image-412.jpgimage-412.jpg image-410.jpgimage-410.jpg
#60 9 years ago

If the ball has a lot of power coming out:
try adding a thin 1-sided sticky pad on that metal deflector over the right-side VUK.
...if there isn't one there now. it'll slow the ball and should send it to left flipper area.

If the ball is coming out a bit slow/weak... might be worth checking out the VUK solenoid.

#61 9 years ago

Slam switch is on the coin door

1 week later
#62 9 years ago

congrats! How is the wear at the 2 holes?

What really matters is you like the game and feel good about the purchase. I bought a waterworld and got a lot of flack for it, but I actually really liked the game.

Here is what chrizg is talking about, this is a sys 1 but the slam switch looks similar and will be on the coin door.

s1slam.jpgs1slam.jpg
#63 9 years ago

Thanks, I found it, didn't realize it was a leaf switch.

It's all cleaned up and ready to be delivered on Christmas Eve, the kid is going to love it (I hope). You can see the wear at the right and left holes in the pic, not terrible, a cliffy would cover it up. Castle and upper PF holes look clean.

It's pretty clean overall now, I cleaned the ramps, PF, targets, replaced the easy to get at rubber, added mario characters all around, fixed a broken wire under the PF, fixed 90 percent of the backbox lights. It was very dirty, but not anymore. Really, the only bad spot is the rails, they show significant surface rust. The family is going to try to paint them.

I like the game a lot, it's not so easy to complete the modes and it's pretty fun trying

With a little luck, the space will be replaced by a TZ I hope to be getting on Friday.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#64 9 years ago

great job fixing it up.
looks amazing !

#65 9 years ago

Huge hit!

image-384.jpgimage-384.jpg image-50.jpgimage-50.jpg
#66 9 years ago

Yeah !!!!!!!!

Happiest kid on the planet

#67 9 years ago

Very cool. Good deed done there.

I'm guessing he could tell what was under the wrapping paper!

That picture alone makes me glad that I didn't buy it first.

1 month later
#68 9 years ago

I've been looking for a SMB pin. I found one semi-locally and it's retail. They have a lot of pins, but all seem a bit overpriced (vs the prices posted on this site). The price is $3,095+8% sales tax. It's fully shopped and in very nice condition. Should I keep looking?

#69 9 years ago

Yes for sure. That is double what you should expect to pay imo.

#70 9 years ago

They are harder to find, but $3k is outrageous, even shopped. Fully shopped with LEDs and good drop holes should be around $2k, +/- a few hundred, depending on cabinet and overall PF condition. A bit rougher, maybe 1600-1800. There's a guy in my area asking $4250, will never sell.

#71 9 years ago

I mean if you really want one, I get paying retail I guess. But just wait. It might take a year or two, but if you pay that kind of price for it, you're gonna be under water immediately.

#72 9 years ago

I looked for a SMB for about a year. I missed on couple at $1500. One of those was a great deal from a pinsider and the other was trashed out. You just do not see them for that price and when you do they are gone fast. Being that it is a Gottlieb that is probably all that it is worth but, Mario brings a premium because non-pinheads want it. This drives the price through the roof. I ended up paying $2000 for mine. I would never be able to sell it on this site for that but if I posted it elsewhere I would not have a problem. I think that retailers know when non-pinheads come looking for a first game and see SMB that they think it must be awesome and they price accordingly. I bought it for my wife and 7 year old. They play it some. I play it a lot. It is a good pin

#73 9 years ago

Thanks, guys, I will be patient, and keep looking.

#74 9 years ago

I traded a DE Hook and Bally/Midway Special Force for an SMB listed at $2k a few weeks ago. He even drove it to my house to do the trade. I really wanted SMB and would have bought at that price if I had the cash. It comes down to how much you want it and how local it is when one comes up.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I traded a DE Hook and Bally/Midway Special Force for an SMB listed at $2k a few weeks ago. He even drove it to my house to do the trade. I really wanted SMB and would have bought at that price if I had the cash. It comes down to how much you want it and how local it is when one comes up.

I drove five hours one way to get mine. Everyone was happy in the end and I kind of like driving so it was all good lol

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I drove five hours one way to get mine. Everyone was happy in the end and I kind of like driving so it was all good lol

When I am looking for a game I'll go 8 hours one way for one. Haha

#77 9 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I'll drive for a game I want, but I'll gladly pay a premium for a local game. I rarely see games for what people on here say they're worth, so when I pay a few hundred more than the "going price" for a pin down the street, I dont feel too bad about it. Fuel and time costs are considerations and should arguably be tacked onto what you're paying (fuel moreso than time, because it can be an enjoyable thing to go an pick up a pin).

Having said that, I've only ever come across 2 of the same game I wanted at once. One was 5 or so hours away, while the one I bought was from a guy around the corner delivered to my garage for the same price.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Don't get me wrong, I'll drive for a game I want, but I'll gladly pay a premium for a local game. I rarely see games for what people on here say they're worth, so when I pay a few hundred more than the "going price" for a pin down the street, I dont feel too bad about it. Fuel and time costs are considerations and should arguably be tacked onto what you're paying (fuel moreso than time, because it can be an enjoyable thing to go an pick up a pin).
Having said that, I've only ever come across 2 of the same game I wanted at once. One was 5 or so hours away, while the one I bought was from a guy around the corner delivered to my garage for the same price.

Lol. Google search williamsburg ky and you will see why I'm driving. I'm at least an hour and a half from anywhere.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Lol. Google search williamsburg ky and you will see why I'm driving. I'm at least an hour and a half from anywhere.

Not Williamsburg lake. That place is tons of fun. Haha

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not Williamsburg lake. That place is tons of fun. Haha

Nope. Last exit on 75 south before you hit Tennessee. Hour and half from Lexington. Hour and 15 minutes from knoxville. Driving is just part of the hobby. Lol

1 month later
#81 9 years ago

If someone wants it and likes it Buy it. As long as it works for you!
I would pay 2K all day for a clean running Machine.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

LOL not a 800 dollar game anymore.

This is true. If I could sell a few pieces of Nintendo World Championship memorabilia for $500, no way this game is gonna sell for less than 12 anymore unless it is a project. Even TMNT sells for over 1k, which is a shame cause it is a terrible game imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-super-mario-bros/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.