Price check: Stern Monopoly ?

By Aurich

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Might have a shot at a Monopoly table as part of a bigger sale. I'm not sure I really want one, theme doesn't so anything for me, I'd only take it to make the deal happen and then probably just turn it around. Not looking to make a killing flipping it or anything, be happy getting fair market for it just to make the rest of the deal work out.

Not really a terribly popular table in terms of forum chatter, I really don't have a sense for how it's selling now. Anyone have any insight into value? I haven't seen the actual table yet, lets assume it's decent. Pinside DB says $2500 - $2900, a quick look at eBay shows they're not moving there for that price, all the complete listings I saw were in the red.

#2 11 years ago

Low 2k range.....however Pinside inflated price will be 4200 and a great deal...wish they were closer.

#3 11 years ago

Hard to say without seeing pictures. If decent.... 2-2400

#4 11 years ago

I'll second what Doug said. When I was looking around for one, I found a nice example with chrome siderails. He was asking 2400. It had one cracked plastic piece that did not effect gameplay. No flipper wear. Otherwise very nice.

#5 11 years ago

They don't seem to move too far north of $2k.

#6 11 years ago

I'd like to see pics myself! Thanks, this pretty much confirms my gut feeling on it. We'll see how the cards play, won't count on it working if it ends up north of 2k, not worth it.

#7 11 years ago

I have played it and I do like it. A few months ago a reseller near me had two - one at $2,600 and the other at $2,400. They eventually both sold. Since then I have noted a few sell on here for $1,800-$1,900.

In my humble opinion, this seems to be the lone title that has decreased in value. I do like it though but not for $2,000+. I may just be cheap but when you cross into the $2,000-$2,500 range there are a lot of other games to pick from. Just my "two cents."

#8 11 years ago

Tried to get a piece of crap with issues routed one. the op would not budge off of 1700. I left.

I would pay around 1800-2000 for a good solid player. Not interested in collecting this one, just playing it in my own home. My world will be just fine if I never get one for the price I want to pay.

#9 11 years ago

I think it depends a lot on condition. Mine is near perfect and I wouldn't see it for less than $2750.

#10 11 years ago

I have been looking for this pin, but I don't think I would spend much more than $2000.

#11 11 years ago

Mint $2.5k Monopoly is a nice game. I love the music too. Very classy.

#12 11 years ago

Agree with the consensus here - $2k is about the going rate for a decent one.

#13 11 years ago

One sold at Kingsport TN auction for 3100 when I had mine on the showroom for 2500. The results are often posted here and at RGP. Later sold mine to Ryan in PA for the same amount and delivered it to him in the parking lot at the Winston Salem auction next sale. I kept it a year and until I got another HUO in a package from Jon Hoffman in Nashville for the same 2500 I think the pin is fun especially under the 3k price point. I glady give 2k credit for nice ones and like my HUO ones even more for trade in on ACDC pins or JJP pins.

Buddy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-stern-monopoly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.