• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cp.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Lets say it's in fair/average condition, dont not turn on (they say its just a fuze.. lol... sure) and they are "looking to get rid of it". Table it not publicly listed yet so I have a chance for a smoking deal.

What do you guys think I should offer?

#2 10 years ago

If you don't pick it up, or rather decide to pass becuase it's not booting.......let me know. I'm not sure on the price but it's on my hit list...

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you don't pick it up, or rather decide to pass becuase it's not booting.......let me know. I'm not sure on the price but it's on my hit list...

For sure.

Its a sexy space machine with an odd locking mechanism.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah, the ball walker is awesome. Game plays really fast on emulator, and you know we've got a thing for widebody games lol... would be a good fit for variety in your collection. These old sterns are a lot of fun and usually have something out of the ordinary vs. other games from the era.

#5 10 years ago

Lets hope it's not a pile. For the price she asked it would take a huge stinking heap of trash for me to walk away from it. Going in a couple of hours to check it out.

#6 10 years ago

Well...if you buy it and change your mind, you know you've got a very likely buyer nearby LOL. We are making room for a 4th game.. Sending you a PM..

#7 10 years ago

Walked away cheap...

No keys.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Do want.

#9 10 years ago

Glass amazing. 10/10
Cab Average 5/10
Playfield 7/10
Plastics 4/10

Walked away for very cheap...

#10 10 years ago

No fair, you live too close! For the likely price, you can put a CPR PF in that baby and still come out way ahead.

#11 10 years ago

I hope you made it home without hitting a bump or tight curve.

I will never forget this thread. Take the legs off, man. :/ http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mint-lotr-now-crushedwaaaah

#12 10 years ago

Believe me I was nervous.

I drove 6 miles and unloaded it.

The legs were put on with bolts from the inside I didn't have nuts for!!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

No fair, you live too close! For the likely price, you can put a CPR PF in that baby and still come out way ahead.

Correct...

CPR makes a PF?

#14 10 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23R-35-128 I really wanted to find a way to get this, but it's around 15 hours away. I'd have had it shipped but thems the breaks. I'd consider sending some profit your way to ship it! I'd redo the playfield.

At any rate, that is where it is available. Looks like a fun, challenging game.

#15 10 years ago

Wait, so how the hell did Shimoda know about this? DId he tip you off on it or what?

And yeah, if I get my hands on this, at some point, it's getting a CPR playfield. Hell, I'd even consider doing it for a fee if Bakushan wanted just because I want to see this stupid thing with one in it. I tried to buy one of the artboard prints from their recent auction and decided it was just too much to pay for wall art when they went over 100 bucks.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23R-35-128 I really wanted to find a way to get this, but it's around 15 hours away. I'd have had it shipped but thems the breaks. I'd consider sending some profit your way to ship it! I'd redo the playfield.
At any rate, that is where it is available. Looks like a fun, challenging game.

How did YOU know about it?!?!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wait, so how the hell did Shimoda know about this? DId he tip you off on it or what?
And yeah, if I get my hands on this, at some point, it's getting a CPR playfield. Hell, I'd even consider doing it for a fee if Bakushan wanted just because I want to see this stupid thing with one in it. I tried to buy one of the artboard prints from their recent auction and decided it was just too much to pay for wall art when they went over 100 bucks.

Explain.

CPR is a reproduction playfield with clearcoat... but Marco has a NOS playfield? Right?

And whats this offer of yours? You want it to come hang out at your house?

#18 10 years ago

Re: Marco - Key words "new production"....it's a CPR repro. Marco, and likely nobody else, would have a NOS playfield approaching anything as "cheap" as 600 bucks.

I was just saying that if you wanted to go to the lengths to buy a CPR playfield and (I would hope?) plastics set, that I would be willing to do the swap...for a price. As I'm sure other locals like Keith Holbrook etc prob would too. Shuttle was probably more complicated than that thing, due to the huge matrix of lights in the middle of the playfield. I'm not attempting to persuade you to go either way. A lot of people don't want to play these older games on clear, and that's a valid argument. Space Shuttle just felt WIERD after the playfield swap. And the cost of doing a PF swap correctly is a lot more than just the PF itself.

#19 10 years ago

I knew about this as well... It's on my want list.

It was advertised on the Bash

#20 10 years ago

It was indeed offered on the Bash, and I think it should come to my house. I literally would have shipped the game from her. However, 6 miles versus closer to 1000 miles or more is a bit of distance.

#21 10 years ago

What is 'the Bash'? (Quick googling didn't answer me, so I thought it was easier to just ask.)

#22 10 years ago

Pinballbash.com

#23 10 years ago

Thank you.

#24 10 years ago

Well......learn something new every day. Clearly I have not been diligient enough in my trolling!!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Re: Marco - Key words "new production"....it's a CPR repro. Marco, and likely nobody else, would have a NOS playfield approaching anything as "cheap" as 600 bucks.
I was just saying that if you wanted to go to the lengths to buy a CPR playfield and (I would hope?) plastics set, that I would be willing to do the swap...for a price. As I'm sure other locals like Keith Holbrook etc prob would too. Shuttle was probably more complicated than that thing, due to the huge matrix of lights in the middle of the playfield. I'm not attempting to persuade you to go either way. A lot of people don't want to play these older games on clear, and that's a valid argument. Space Shuttle just felt WIERD after the playfield swap. And the cost of doing a PF swap correctly is a lot more than just the PF itself.

You would charge me more than $600 to swap? Nice...

How about I provide YOU with a lifechanging experience of getting to touch my F2K... really get to know it... for free. You can even play it.

So game $$ + $550 for PF + $200 for plastics and misc parts + $200 for stencils and paint + $600 for labor... hrmmm...

I wonder if someone would every pay me $1500+ for one of these things... lol

I dont like to LOSE money... gaining is a plus... but I would always hope to at least break even.

To go to such distance to make the game perfect (which is what I am planning to do), seems as if it will be staying at my house for a long, long time...

Quoted from Sc1f1:

I knew about this as well... It's on my want list.
It was advertised on the Bash

Never heard of that site in my life. I mean... how many sites does such a small hobby need anyways?

Quoted from shimoda:

It was indeed offered on the Bash, and I think it should come to my house. I literally would have shipped the game from her. However, 6 miles versus closer to 1000 miles or more is a bit of distance.

Are you being serious or sarcastic?

Quoted from Sc1f1:

Pinballbash.com

Mind Blown.

#26 10 years ago

I was actually being serious. I would have done the PF swap first, and waited a bit on the rest. Like I said, 1000 miles is a bit of a drive to make on the spur of the moment. If it had been 6 I would have had it in my Element before the pixels announcing it filled my screen, unless someone was 5 miles away!

As is, congratulations. I'm sure you will have a great time with it. Seems like it could be a great pin.

#27 10 years ago

$1500 for a restored one sounds good Let me know when it's done haha

#28 10 years ago

Man, you seriously need to go back to school and f...learn to read...

"Marco, and likely nobody else, would have a NOS playfield approaching anything as "cheap" as 600 bucks."

KEY WORD: MARCO.

Where the F--- does that say anything about ME, Jared? Seriously!? No, I probably would do it for 200-300 bucks, but consider that offer closed after that moronic statement...why don't you go ask Evan or Keith how much they'd charge to do it...because it probably IS around 400-600.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"Marco, and likely nobody else, would have a NOS playfield approaching anything as "cheap" as 600 bucks."

I think there is a misunderstanding bud.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

KEY WORD: MARCO.
Where the F--- does that say anything about ME, Jared? Seriously!? No, I probably would do it for 200-300 bucks, but consider that offer closed after that moronic statement...why don't you go ask Evan or Keith how much they'd charge to do it...because it probably IS around 400-600.

Dude lighten up.

#31 10 years ago

cp.jpgcp.jpg

#32 10 years ago

I bought one in the last few months for around $1700 with a new CPR playfield already on it, brand new had not been played. Backglass was 7/10 and plastics 9/10. It was worth it and I knew I was paying a premium but basically it was for the new playfield and labor to swap it. And I'm building my collection so figure I'll keep for a long time, so the extra premium was worth it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Ruger:

I bought one in the last few months for around $1700 with a new CPR playfield already on it, brand new had not been played. Backglass was 7/10 and plastics 9/10. It was worth it and I knew I was paying a premium but basically it was for the new playfield and labor to swap it. And I'm building my collection so figure I'll keep for a long time, so the extra premium was worth it.

Would love to see some HIGH RES PICS if you have any man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 3.00
$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-stern-flight-2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.