• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
SST.jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

Seeing that this thread rose from the dead, I just noticed this, but...

Quoted from StevenP:

Funny, there are 2 apparent perspectives on pricing. First (and dominant) is what it can be sold for later. Second is if the price is reasonable in view of the fun factor and condition. Just a thought, but (assuming general good condition) I see people paying more for many games that are NOT as fun as the lower-priced SST (even at $2.3k). Looks like pinball has become more of a market than a real hobby for people who like to own and play the games.

Here's the problem though - No matter what anyone says, SST is NOT a family friendly theme, which most definitely limits it's market. When I was fixing mine up, my at the time three year old would hear the sounds on it and run around saying, "If you don't listen, I'll shoot you!" or whatever it says, which is rather mortifying even as someone who usually isn't worried about such stuff. It made the decision by me to put mine in storage until I got a bigger place (within a year!!) pretty easy. If I was limited in space or knew I wasn't soon going to be upgrading, even though the game is a blast and I'll be the first to tell you that I buy for myself and not others, it's gore and lack-of-family-friendly-ness outweigh the fun that I have on it, and I would have kept an equally fun, yet family friendly theme for about the same money in the line up (JP, VND, Airborne and Popeye all made the cut, for instance, and are all about the same amount of money, and I find equally if not more fun than SST).

SST is great, and a bargain at it's prices... if you have all mature enough people running around your house to handle it.

#102 9 years ago

What a great pin at a good price, don't look at it like a keeper just a fun experience for a few months. I bought one a couple months ago and have really enjoyed the game but I'm going to sell now to get a Independence Day and give that a game a try. One thing about Sega and DE pinball is that there cheap and fun for quick turn around and getting to experience new pins with out breaking the bank.

#103 9 years ago

Funny I should happen upon this thread today. I had this CL ad open in another tab at the same time.

greenville.craigslist.org link

This person has numerous pins listed for sale. They all look to be in good to very good condition. Looks like he repairs and shops them all. But with the prices he asks, I'm not even going to try to haggle.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What a great pin at a good price, don't look at it like a keeper just a fun experience for a few months. I bought one a couple months ago and have really enjoyed the game but I'm going to sell now to get a Independence Day and give that a game a try. One thing about Sega and DE pinball is that there cheap and fun for quick turn around and getting to experience new pins with out breaking the bank.

I played ID4 at a buddies house. It was fun as hell.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

Funny I should happen upon this thread today. I had this CL ad open in another tab at the same time.

greenville.craigslist.org link

This person has numerous pins listed for sale. They all look to be in good to very good condition. Looks like he repairs and shops them all. But with the prices he asks, I'm not even going to try to haggle.

I think he has had this machine for sale for a long time. I bought one game from him a while back and he came way down on the high price he was asking. He was a good guy and I would buy from him again if the price was right. I haven't really tried to buy from him again just because of the drive involved.

#106 9 years ago

I picked up sckurk's Starship Troopers at SFGE. I love the game. My 5 year old twins do too. My daughter's favorite part is the brain bug popping up from the playfield. That's her "wizard mode". I also showed her how to push the flipper buttons during the planet intros to get the guy killed. She thinks it's hilarious. Maybe I'm a bad dad.

A really nice example should fetch 1700+, IMO. It's loaded with toys and features. It's not the deepest game around, but it makes up for it in a big way with features. It's got a pretty critical risk/reward component to it that seems to satisfy me when I want something challenging. A lot of nights, I don't care about score and just want to play, SST lets you have a lot of fun just slaying bugs.

I converted it to full LED, except for the flashers, and it looks completely badass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-starship-troopers-2/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.