Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Need a price check on a 1982 Gottlieb, Spirit.

A friend of mine just shipped two over from Europe and wants me to buy one.

I'm just looking for a fair/average price I can work from. I will inspect the game and can take it from there.

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

6-8k seems like the going rate for a decent to nice one

#3 8 years ago

If you decide not to buy it let me know.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

If you decide not to buy it let me know.

I've already offered 7k pending an inspection. The only thing stopping me will be the price which we are *significantly* apart on.

But sure, no problem. I'll pass the information along to you if we fail to make a deal.

#5 8 years ago

More than 7k? Man that's just crazy.

#6 8 years ago

What condition, restored, original, or basket cases? Prices on Spirit vary greatly. One sold at PAGG in CA 2-3 years ago for $10k, but ones in Europe are much cheaper but you have to pay expensive shipping and fees. Did the two that you're talking about come from Theirry in Belgium by chance?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

What condition, restored, original, or basket cases? Prices on Spirit vary greatly.

I haven't seen it yet but I do know it has not been restored. That's why I posted asking for an average price and I can evaluate from there.

Quoted from Mr68:

I'm just looking for a fair/average price I can work from. I will inspect the game and can take it from there.

Quoted from PNBLWZD:

One sold at PAGG in CA 2-3 years ago for $10k, .

For that price I assume the one at PAGG was restored and in top condition. Yes?

#8 8 years ago

Nope, not restored but clean, it was in good operational order too.

Steve

Quoted from Mr68:

For that price I assume the one at PAGG was restored and in top condition. Yes?

#9 8 years ago

I think the prices on Spirit should
get a reality Check.
It is a fine, unique and fun game,
but $5K+
is just ........
But if one can afford it
then good on you.
There has got to be a treasure trove of Spirits somewhere,
The production run was not that low, guess a lot went overseas,
there are plenty of other games with low production runs
that are just as fun and unique
but do not command same outrageous prices??

#10 8 years ago

Like many of the System 80 games, I doubt that a quarter of them have survived.

Steve

#11 8 years ago

Hey Blownfuse. I owe you a phone call anyway. I'll try you at home shortly.

#12 8 years ago

Spirit is a cool looking pin. I know it's kind of rare. I also know a pin is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

IMO Blackhole is a way better pin that can be had for about $1.5K. I like system 80 pins but I just don't understand the inflated value on Spirit.

#13 8 years ago

To me $2000-3000 is the most any 80s pin should be going for.
Again it ain't my money
and if someone wants a game enough,
he/she can certainly pay what they feel comfortable with.

#14 8 years ago

I just sold one for $4000 shopped. Rebuilt everything and new plastics from pinball resouce. neat game but Imo its a $2500 game.

#15 8 years ago

Most of the price is collector value, rather than reflective of gameplay value.

Yeah, the playfield is packed with stuff and the backglass is fantastic, but like others have said, some of these prices for it are ridiculous.

#16 8 years ago

My original thought was to go as high as $5000 depending on condition and I really wanted to stay in the 4.5 range. But when he told me his price I knee jerked and said I would go 7K. This was still waaaay below his asking price.

Afterward I began to second guess myself on pricing knowledge and that's why I posted this price check here and on RGP.

I haven't heard back from him but I'm going to withdraw my 7K offer and drop out. He's a great guy but we are light years apart on price. - I appreciate the feed back from everyone and knowing I haven't completely lost my mind.

Please note I am actively seeking to buy a fair priced Spirit if anyone knows of one.

#17 8 years ago

Light years apart when you offered 7k for a non-restored spirit!?!? Holy smokes!!!

#18 8 years ago

Wow real friend if you are that far apart at 7k

#19 8 years ago

Trust me, he's a great guy and I like and respect him very much. Just as I have the right to decline, he has the freedom to set his price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-spirit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.