• Latest reply 9 years ago by Fast-Ed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sorcerer pin 001.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

If anyone's got one with a new playfield in it I'll pay 1,000.00 for it.

Mighty nice of you Ed...

#19 9 years ago

I'm going to look at one in 30 minutes. Hoping it's in decent shape and able to steal it because the guy blew it up when he put the head back on and doesn't wanna F with it anymore. heard the same shit I always hear in the initial conversation though "i'm seeing them on ebay for "2300.00"

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm going to look at one in 30 minutes. Hoping it's in decent shape and able to steal it because the guy blew it up when he put the head back on and doesn't wanna F with it anymore. heard the same shit I always hear in the initial conversation though "i'm seeing them on ebay for "2300.00"

went and looked at it. good deal of wear up the middle near the flippers and they snapped the head off. base of the head is still attached to the body lol. what should i offer him for it or what should I pay for it?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

went and looked at it. good deal of wear up the middle near the flippers and they snapped the head off. base of the head is still attached to the body lol. what should i offer him for it or what should I pay for it?

what do you guys think? how much? all the boards are there, backglass is very nice and the game was working before they took the crowbar to it

#29 9 years ago

that's the number i had in mind. maybe 400. i can fix everything that's wrong with it and do a better job than the touch up attempt that was made on the playfield

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Did you buy it? If not I'd like to buy the playfield only. Ed

i did buy it. I payed 400. I already know i can fix it, clean it and sell it to a local dealer for 1000.00. Just did that with my blackout and meteor. got 1250.00ea. went into his showroom and saw them. he put leds in them and tagged them at 2695.00 ea!!! funny thing is he will get close to that. he has the showroom and it's pretty damn nice

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeTraveler:

I easily sold a Sorcerer with a touched up field (looked good but not 100% perfect) that had been clear coated and played great for $2500 and had others ask me about it later if it was still available. Those that claim it's a $1000 game are living in the past (or they are talking it down to steal it from you) unless they are talking about a worn one with sketchy glass. Before I sold it, I did pass on trading it for a $7000 boat with a Corvette 327 engine in it (where am I going to put a huge boat?). I have a second one that I got and without clearcoating the field (not real worn) probably worth $2000 without too much difficulty.

there's different markets and demand. I consistently see lowball prices referenced here on pinside likely because its mostly a collection of collectors with a vast amount of experience and exposure to pricing fluctuations as well as a few who need to prove how good of a deal they got and need to make people feel foolish for paying more than they did. Bottom line is the game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I guess you both missed the part where I bought two nice ones for $400 each and sold them both for 1000 and 1200. Your comment about lowball prices and your opinion about where they come from is not accurate at all. Has nothing to do with trying to give anyone warm fuzzies or feel bad in the opposite way.
Anyone sharing information on these forums regarding prices when asking for an honest opinion is fairly accurate for the most part... ebay and Boston list are also useful places to gather additional information when pricing a game. The fact that someone sells a clear coated example to some schmoe really is not what was asked in this thread. If you want the truth, that's a big part of the problem with Pinside. The price range for a Sorc. may be $400-$2500 but how does that help the OP really asking for help?
Based on the description with no pics, either tell the guy an honest price or move along.
This is not a pricing thread on all considered Sorc's. It's a pricing thread about what the one the OP asked about, right? Pinsiders lose focus so easily...
I also want to add that I would value a mint BG for sorc. at 300-400. So use that as part of your consideration on the game described in the first post.

I have read lots of posts here and don't believe I am alone in my opinion. That being said I came to this post for a reason also. It got me part of what I needed. Some valued input which I combined with other information to make my decision. You are right got off track but that's where the thread was heading so I piped in

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-sorcerer?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.