Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Fast-Ed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sorcerer pin 001.JPG
image.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Shopped, near perfect bg, great cab., LEDs, works/plays 100%, one chipped plastic, some planking.

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

$1,200+/- ?
I should have jumped on one over here for $1,200 a couple of months ago.

#3 6 years ago

Haven't seen anything recently around the Midwest for less than $2000. A few years ago they were going for much less, but almost all of them were beat up. A nice one should bring around $1750 (at least I hope so).

#4 6 years ago

I bought a very very nice one from Los Angeles for $1300 last month.

There's another one, not as good, for $900 in the So Cal thread now. Been up for a few weeks, no takers as yet. I would have bought it if I hadn't got the better one.

With older games like this one, it just comes down to how much the buyer wants to pay. I was looking for a tidy one for 6 months ... I wouldn't have paid much more than the $1300 though. That's plenty for a Sys9 IMO.

GLWTS

rd.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Shopped, near perfect bg, great cab., LEDs, works/plays 100%, one chipped plastic, some planking.
Thanks.

I'd go 1,600.00 or so on it.

#6 6 years ago

Those seem to be high. I live in California, land of the high priced pins. The nicest one ive seen was for sale at 1600 and I dont think it sold. The last couple that have popped up were sub 1000.

If its perfect, with what ive been seeing in my pinflated territory, 1500 would probably be max. Planking and cracked plastics well below that.

#8 6 years ago

Cosmetically good other than planking, maybe around a grand, or just over.

No freakin' way Sorcerer is a $2k game now.

#9 6 years ago

As a frame of reference, basically every post up to this point has said $900-1300. This guy says $2k. He also happens to own a Sorcerer. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone has price pumping on the mind.

Quoted from Tooch:

Haven't seen anything recently around the Midwest for less than $2000. A few years ago they were going for much less, but almost all of them were beat up. A nice one should bring around $1750 (at least I hope so).

#10 6 years ago

Most Sorcerers are worn to hell. Its a $1000 game unless its in super nice shape. Can't see paying more than $1500 unless it is totally restored.

#11 6 years ago

Only one I have seen within 5 hours of here was the listing in Cleveland for 2K. It either sold or he pulled the ad. Do have a Sorcerer, also know that there aren't many people in the market for one - so it would be a tough sell at any price. Still think that a good example goes for at least $1500 around here (but it might take a while to move it).

#12 6 years ago

There was one that sat forever in Cleveland within the last year for $1300, non-restored but not terrible. Was relieved when it finally sold as it was a lot further than I wanted to drive.

I've played the table that Foo has, and it's really nice. He's a great guy/seller and would strongly recommend buying from him if he puts it up for sale. The Skateball I bought from him is *beaaaaautiful* and he was extremely accommodating with my arranging getting up to WI.

#13 6 years ago

Personally, I would not pay a penny over a grand for Sorcerer unless it was home use only.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks Wontwa for the kind words. Glad you are still loving your Skateball.

P.S. Send more MI beer. Good stuff last time...

#15 6 years ago

Getting a sorcerer nowadays is a bit different, since John Greatwich is offering his playfield restoration serviceimage.jpg
Even a sorcerer with a beat playfield can be brought back to life, to me that increases the value somewhat. And with new plastic sets and stencil kits available from PPS, and the likelihood of them running new backglasses, you can restore it from top to bottom.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Blairally:

Getting a Sorcerer nowadays is a bit different, since John Greatwich is offering his playfield restoration service
Even a Sorcerer with a beat playfield can be brought back to life, to me that increases the value somewhat. And with new plastic sets and stencil kits available from PPS, and the likelihood of them running new backglasses, you can restore it from top to.

Yes but then you would have 2,500.00 in it and everybody's saying its a 1,000.00 game. If anyone's got one with a new playfield in it I'll pay 1,000.00 for it.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Yes but then you would have 2,500.00 in it and everybody's saying its a 1,000.00 game. If anyone's got one with a new playfield in it I'll pay 1,000.00 for it.

You are going to pay a lot more for it with the redone, clearcoated playfield. I got my game for $150 and the playfield is with John now. I'm figuring when i'm done i'll have about $1500 into it. Its one thing to pay $1000 for a decent or torn up Sorcerer, but restored your probably looking at more around $2000+. Just my opinion of course.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

If anyone's got one with a new playfield in it I'll pay 1,000.00 for it.

Mighty nice of you Ed...

#19 6 years ago

I'm going to look at one in 30 minutes. Hoping it's in decent shape and able to steal it because the guy blew it up when he put the head back on and doesn't wanna F with it anymore. heard the same shit I always hear in the initial conversation though "i'm seeing them on ebay for "2300.00"

#20 6 years ago

there is an ad on a dutch site, asking 750 euro for a malfunctioning one. I think we should move that one to the ''more graiglist laughs'' topic.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm going to look at one in 30 minutes. Hoping it's in decent shape and able to steal it because the guy blew it up when he put the head back on and doesn't wanna F with it anymore. heard the same shit I always hear in the initial conversation though "i'm seeing them on ebay for "2300.00"

went and looked at it. good deal of wear up the middle near the flippers and they snapped the head off. base of the head is still attached to the body lol. what should i offer him for it or what should I pay for it?

#22 6 years ago

Yeah, a very nice Sorcerer is 2K until you go to sell it. I have sold two very nice original (8-9 of 10 on condition) ones for 1000 and 1200. The 1200 one was a sample game.

#23 6 years ago

Somebody sell me a Sorcerer!

#24 6 years ago

Haven't seen any for close to $2k.

And wouldn't (as others have said) pay that much for one unless it was flawless (and even then I wouldn't pay that much for a Sorcerer - at $2k there's other pins I'd want).

When I was looking about 6 months ago, the ones I saw in the area on here and on Craigslist were between $1000 - $1200.

And the one I found that I should have bit on looked to be in really nice shape.

#25 6 years ago

$1000 is a fair price for a completely working non-hacked up clean sys9.

#26 6 years ago

I sold mine a few months ago for $1050....it was decent and fully working. I thought that was a fair price

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

went and looked at it. good deal of wear up the middle near the flippers and they snapped the head off. base of the head is still attached to the body lol. what should i offer him for it or what should I pay for it?

what do you guys think? how much? all the boards are there, backglass is very nice and the game was working before they took the crowbar to it

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

what do you guys think? how much? all the boards are there, backglass is very nice and the game was working before they took the crowbar to it

Ummm... $300?

#29 6 years ago

that's the number i had in mind. maybe 400. i can fix everything that's wrong with it and do a better job than the touch up attempt that was made on the playfield

#30 6 years ago

$300 might have been the price 5-6 years ago.

I wouldn't want to pay more than that for it, either, but I don't think it's realistic anymore.

#31 6 years ago

I'd give 200.00 for just the populated playfield.

#32 6 years ago

Foo, I would price that machine about $1,100 tops. Not too many Sorcerers pop up for sale in my area but I was lucky to bargain one for well under 1K last year. Now that I have the playfield back from John I value it around 1 Million dollars. In addition, I want Ed to act as my buyer for future purchases!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

$300 might have been the price 5-6 years ago.
I wouldn't want to pay more than that for it, either, but I don't think it's realistic anymore.

Considering the damage, I doubt many would take it for more than that. That is a serious amount of work to get it repaired/cleaned up and looking decent again. Not a whole lot of folks want projects like that. I wouldn't pay more than $350. Granted I haven't seen photos of the damage, but crowbar to the backbox paints a good visual that it is in pretty shitty shape.

#34 6 years ago

paid $400 for this one a couple months ago. It works, but it needs a little work on it as wellsorcerer pin 001.JPG

#35 6 years ago

This thread has convinced me that I paid way too much for mine. Love the game, and it is nice, but could have done a lot with an extra $650.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Your initial post made it sound as if he had switched the black and white plugs that go between the main cabinet and backbox; is the only actual issue you know of physical damage to the backbox? Depending on how bad it is, I'd probably pay $200ish, give or take.

#37 6 years ago

Hell I'll pay 200.00 for just the playfield, so I can send it to john. Anybody got a playfield for sale?

#38 6 years ago

I was offered $3,000 for mine and I turned that offer down .

#39 6 years ago

Anybody got a beat playfield for sale? I'm going to send one to john so he can refinish it. Ed

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Did you buy it? If not I'd like to buy the playfield only. Ed

#41 6 years ago

Fast-Ed, if you buy it and part it out, I'm always looking for repairable Sys9 boards

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Did you buy it? If not I'd like to buy the playfield only. Ed

i did buy it. I payed 400. I already know i can fix it, clean it and sell it to a local dealer for 1000.00. Just did that with my blackout and meteor. got 1250.00ea. went into his showroom and saw them. he put leds in them and tagged them at 2695.00 ea!!! funny thing is he will get close to that. he has the showroom and it's pretty damn nice

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I was offered $3,000 for mine and I turned that offer down .

Yeah, but that one is certainly an exception to the typical Sorc's that you would ever see for sale on the inter-webs or CL. Like the one the OP asked for an opinion about?

#44 6 years ago

I easily sold a Sorcerer with a touched up field (looked good but not 100% perfect) that had been clear coated and played great for $2500 and had others ask me about it later if it was still available. Those that claim it's a $1000 game are living in the past (or they are talking it down to steal it from you) unless they are talking about a worn one with sketchy glass. Before I sold it, I did pass on trading it for a $7000 boat with a Corvette 327 engine in it (where am I going to put a huge boat?). I have a second one that I got and without clearcoating the field (not real worn) probably worth $2000 without too much difficulty.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeTraveler:

I easily sold a Sorcerer with a touched up field (looked good but not 100% perfect) that had been clear coated and played great for $2500 and had others ask me about it later if it was still available. Those that claim it's a $1000 game are living in the past (or they are talking it down to steal it from you) unless they are talking about a worn one with sketchy glass. Before I sold it, I did pass on trading it for a $7000 boat with a Corvette 327 engine in it (where am I going to put a huge boat?). I have a second one that I got and without clearcoating the field (not real worn) probably worth $2000 without too much difficulty.

there's different markets and demand. I consistently see lowball prices referenced here on pinside likely because its mostly a collection of collectors with a vast amount of experience and exposure to pricing fluctuations as well as a few who need to prove how good of a deal they got and need to make people feel foolish for paying more than they did. Bottom line is the game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Bottom line is the game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

As is always the case. It is still interesting to discuss though.

I can see how these would fetch a bit more than say Comet just due to the production numbers. Then finding one in decent shape that also doesn't have a PF that is ripped to shreds is even more impressive, although not as crucial at this point due to the reproductions. If I were going to grab one of these, I'd find a beater and get the PF redone.

I know my Comet was a basket case before I restored it, flaky paint like chalk everywhere. Less than perfect job as it was my first airbrush job, but happy regardless. The sys9 games really didn't stand the test of time in the durability department.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

there's different markets and demand. I consistently see lowball prices referenced here on pinside likely because its mostly a collection of collectors with a vast amount of experience and exposure to pricing fluctuations as well as a few who need to prove how good of a deal they got and need to make people feel foolish for paying more than they did. Bottom line is the game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I guess you both missed the part where I bought two nice ones for $400 each and sold them both for 1000 and 1200. Your comment about lowball prices and your opinion about where they come from is not accurate at all. Has nothing to do with trying to give anyone warm fuzzies or feel bad in the opposite way.

Anyone sharing information on these forums regarding prices when asking for an honest opinion is fairly accurate for the most part... ebay and Boston list are also useful places to gather additional information when pricing a game. The fact that someone sells a clear coated example to some schmoe really is not what was asked in this thread. If you want the truth, that's a big part of the problem with Pinside. The price range for a Sorc. may be $400-$2500 but how does that help the OP really asking for help?

Based on the description with no pics, either tell the guy an honest price or move along.

This is not a pricing thread on all considered Sorc's. It's a pricing thread about what the one the OP asked about, right? Pinsiders lose focus so easily...

I also want to add that I would value a mint BG for sorc. at 300-400. So use that as part of your consideration on the game described in the first post.

#48 6 years ago

I paid 350 for my first sorcerer 4 years ago. My second was given to me for free by an operator who had no use for it because he only ran modern pins.
It really depends on who and where you are.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeTraveler:

Again, comment/stats here have no place in this thread. Why try to provide "what if" scenarios to the OP? I don't see how it provides any real help.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

some planking.

would need to see the planking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside