New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 97614)

Price check: Sharpshooter - Gameplan

By BeaverBrewing

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Have a chance to get two of these, pretty good condition and working for one and total incomplete project on the other. Anyone have a ballpark on either? Never saw a decent Gameplan for sale before. Thanks,

#2 6 years ago

I like Sharpshooter. The drop targets are fun.

#3 6 years ago

I saw that listing on CL. The game working IMO is about 500 bucks. They usually come with a lot of PF wear to go with it. If I remember right, the incomplete one is missing the glass and something else. I would offer $600 max. $400 for the working one, and $200 for the incomplete. And that at least leaves room for you to get a BG and not get killed. If you start needing boards, then its a diff story.

#4 6 years ago

I have one with a few lamps out. Other than that it works. It has the new echo lake mpu thing in it. It comes with a parts MPU and parts LDU board and a parts SDU board. It has little wear, a couple of new coils in it (old sdu / mpu made it need those). The BG is decent. I would do $500 Firm Firm Firm on it. FYI expect to need the new redesigned MPU at some point..........That was like 200ish shipped as I recall.

#5 6 years ago

Yeah $500 tops. I love mine and she ain't going anywhere, but GP pins don't fetch much, and those drop targets always break. The large cap on the power supply usually dries out and needs to be replaced. ~SpOoKy

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips! These are sitting in some old couples house in ohio, not listed for sale but I am looking at as a "favor" for someone who is trying to make them unload them so honey don't have to do anything with them, they'll either be in great shape or beat to crap, I'll let you know when I take a look!

#7 6 years ago

Here's the Craigslist post in question:

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Seems like a strange coincidence to find two different pairs of Sharpshooters.

#8 6 years ago

Guess the owner is not waiting for the OP. At least this lets the OP know where to negotiate from.......
My drops are original and not broken. I guess I should take some pictures and start a FS thread.

#9 6 years ago

echo lake mpu cost $260 when I bought mine. hard to get people to work on those boards for some reason.

#10 6 years ago

"Special thanx to Roger Sharpe."

#11 6 years ago

Like mot said above! ^^^

#12 6 years ago

Maybe it was 260, I don't like to think about it. I have spent more than 1k on this one! I paid for the original to be fixed. It did not work. The repair fellow claimed it worked in his buddy's unit. I got the new one. Fixed my other problems. The original put back in blew up stuff I had just fixed. Thus my NOS SDU I bought became a repaired SDU.

#13 6 years ago

If it makes you feel better, bought a reworked CPU from Clive Jones personal collection, $300 but it is bulletproffed and I'm over 1k on mine as well. Don't care though as I have a very nice example and this was Thee' pin I can played back in 1979. ~SpOoKy

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

If it makes you feel better, bought a reworked CPU from Clive Jones personal collection, $300 but it is bulletproffed and I'm over 1k on mine as well. Don't care though as I have a very nice example and this was Thee' pin I can played back in 1979. ~Spooky

Somewhat. The few lamps still out (with new LDU) kinda bug me. The LDU fixed most of my lamp problems actually. I figure it is probably a broken wire or harness issue. I was sold this when I knew no better about pinball and trusted a fellow. I hope I can get 500 out of it, which I should with the new MPU, and other new / spare parts in it. If someone would try and low ball me on it though, I would throw them out on their ass..............
I guess I will place a market add this weekend.
Any chance someone has a Lamp Matrix chart for this beast?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Somewhat. The few lamps still out (with new LDU) kinda bug me. The LDU fixed most of my lamp problems actually. I figure it is probably a broken wire or harness issue. I was sold this when I knew no better about pinball and trusted a fellow. I hope I can get 500 out of it, which I should with the new MPU, and other new / spare parts in it. If someone would try and low ball me on it though, I would throw them out on their ass..............
I guess I will place a market add this weekend.
Any chance someone has a Lamp Matrix chart for this beast?

There is no lamp matrix per se in a GP machine. It is like an early SS Bally where each lamp is driven by its own SCR. The playfield schematic shows all the lamps as well as the conector and driving transistor for each on the LDU.

The harness connectors between the playfield and head are a common problem with the pins getting corroded. You can try unplugging/replugging these a few times to see if it solves the problem. If it does, you probably need to repin.

viperrwk

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 334.95
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 73.99
$ 7.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 279.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside