Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

i am trying to negotiate a buy price on a local SS. We seem to have a little bit of a difference in opinion. Boston eBay 30 month avg is sitting at $3K. The range here is $2600-$3010, essentially.

That said, what is fair on a nice example? Not CG, but nice.

#2 12 years ago

Nice example I would say around $2700 but condition should be
very good with no problems.

#3 12 years ago

I am offering $3K and he is balking.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am offering $3K and he is balking.

Have you seen the game in person?

#5 12 years ago

In CA a "nice" SS would run you in the 3500-3800 range. I wouldnt sell one for any less.

#6 12 years ago

CA. at the moment is pretty high on Pins from what I have seen.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Have you seen the game in person?

I have in the past. Well-known local collector. It's in good shape.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

In CA a "nice" SS would run you in the 3500-3800 range. I wouldnt sell one for any less.

Agreed; and closer to the higher number with no fade, a nice but not perfect PF, and perhaps a few mods.

#9 12 years ago

So,He is expecting more than 3k I see does he have it listed for sale
anywhere?The reason i'm asking is this will help determine how the
selling process is going around him or his area.

#10 12 years ago

No, not listed. He suggested we go by the Mr Pinball price guide, of which I have no clue what it says. That is when I started looking up prices on the title. I thought it was higher, but the guides I see are in the $3K range.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

I cant imagine Boston being much cheaper.

Quoted from NM:

Agreed; and closer to the higher number with no fade, a nice but not perfect PF, and perhaps a few mods.

Agree totally....Is there fade in the green on the cabinet? Skull pile LED's? Dancing Boggie men? Hows the playfield. 3k would be like stealing one unless the playfield was beat. If it is truely nice i'd go upto $3200-3400 & see if he accepts.

#12 12 years ago

The Boston list is just a compilation of the 30 month average of all listed sales, nationally. Most are from eBay.

#13 12 years ago

This is what he's talking about but you would have to purchase the
book or know someone who has it.http://user.xmission.com/~daina/pinlist_info.html
I don't understand some sellers why they would do that instead of just putting
a price on the darn thing and making it easier on everyone..He's taking offers
is what it sounds like to me.

#14 12 years ago

I'd offer $3200 & see what he replies. You could always just walk away. If he accepts $3200 is a great deal for a SS assuming its in nice condition like you said.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'd offer $3200

If the Pin is going to be in your collection for quite sometime
then it would be a good move to offer around that.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Man is it ever! Everything seems overpriced, I keep telling myself that I cant afford one right now anyway and I should just save up so if they go down I can get a nice one.

#17 12 years ago

SS is worth every penny of that. I have too much money into mine but it's a blast.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

I was out in California a few weeks ago and wanted to buy a system80 ish machine for my brother, and the price are HIGH out there. Really don't know why.

#19 12 years ago

I paid more then 3k for mine but was in great shape. one on ebay just went for 4300
i do not feel bad paying around that much as they are rare to pop up.

mine had all led's dancing boogies, cliffys, led skull pile

#20 12 years ago

OK, called an operator in the area who had the Mr. Pinball guide for this year.

SS (standard) = $3025
SS (early production w/ glow-in-the-dark bony beast) = $3125

RGP is verifying the $3K range, too. Maybe SS is in a lull right now? It was definitely getting more a year or two back, but that was also when you could find TZ at $2750 all day. The ebbs and flows of machine values from year to year are interesting to watch.

#21 12 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine for less than $4k as I haven't seen it go for less than that in northern cal.

#22 12 years ago

In a rising pinball market, price guides are generally low--as the data is a rear view mirror indicator: in a printed book, the price he quoted you is nearly a year old (which is good for you).

However somethings not adding up: you offered 3K and he balked (even though that's the 2011 Mr. Pinball price evidently).

One thing I've never understood through this thread, how nice of an example this one: any cabinet fade or PF wear? Any mods? That all makes a difference of course.

#23 12 years ago

I never saw a nice one for less than $3600 when I was looking last year.

#24 12 years ago

It is a nice condition machine that was routed, but well maintained. I would say it is an above-average example. Nothing more, nothing less. No mods, no LEDs. Good cabinet. He originally indicated he would want "$200 over book" when we figured out what that was. When I told that my research was turning up an average price of $3K, he said that he thought they were going for $3500. That signals to me that he wants $3700. I just finally got the "book" price he referred to from the start, and shot him over the info. I am waiting to hear back from him now.

I would go $3250, for instant gratification and to ensure I don't have any added shipping costs.

#25 12 years ago

Webfat traded for a sample. I think it was valued at 3k trade and that was in the last 3 months. It is a very pretty game, but considered easy.

#26 12 years ago

I would pay about 3300-3500 for a nice one.

#27 12 years ago

I've been looking for one for a while now and I would say it would be (beater)2800-3500(nice). They don’t pop up as often as some titles so it wouldn’t be unheard of to find someone paying 4k on occasion out of desperate hunger for that title. Thats what drives the crazy ebay prices.

In the end its always worth what an individual is willing to pay for it.

#28 12 years ago

I went the extra mile with mine and had it "pimped" so if I ever sell it I would eat some $$$ unless someone appreciated it. It's a fun pin! Excellent use of space on the playfield IMO.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'd offer $3200 & see what he replies.

That's what I paid for mine (plus $270 shipping). Unrestored, unmodded, original SS that was never routed. Perfect PF, cabinet and art. Only needed a few minor things, which you pinsiders helped me with!

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Man is it ever! Everything seems overpriced, I keep telling myself that I cant afford one right now anyway and I should just save up so if they go down I can get a nice one.

Indeed!!!

Quoted from eabundy:

price are HIGH out there. Really don't know why.

In my area a few smaller distributors/sellers quickly buy reasonably priced pins shop em and sell them for much more than what they go for on average and people always seem to buy them.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It is a very pretty game, but considered easy.

Fairly easy, but not MB easy, for example (IMHO).

Completing Scared Stiff doesn't happen very often.

All things considered, I find it just plain fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 249.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-scared-stiff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.