(Topic ID: 67475)

Price check: Safe Cracker (Bally/Williams 1996)

By spida1a

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sc_pica.jpg
sc_newa.jpg
sc_pig.jpg
sc_picb.jpg
sc_picb2.jpg
sc_picf.jpg
sc_pii.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hey everyone!

I was trying to look up the average price a Safe Cracker goes for today. But, I keep running into "trade only" or "make me an offer." So, I was wondering if you guys could give me an estimate on what prices you have been seeing lately.

This one is in really great shape. Re-import with single coin slot. Original cabinet art, probably 8.5 / 10 (no fade and just a few scratches). Has original door-wings in good shape (a little wear but still excellent). Red light and rope light all original and working. "Win Magic Tokens" repro-topper and reproduction coin-slot sticker. Playfield in great shape with no visible wear, still shines. No broken plastics and ramp area that often is cracked is not. Game could use a shop job but hasn't been played all that much since it was torn apart and completely shopped years ago. So, it isn't TOO dirty. Been in personal collection since 2003. Safe signed by Pat Lawlor. Comes with 400 tokens!

Included are a few smaller pics for reference.
Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Chris

sc_picb2.jpg
sc_pii.jpg
sc_pig.jpg
sc_picf.jpg
sc_newa.jpg
sc_picb.jpg

sc_pica.jpg
#2 5 years ago

$6500 - $6900. Possibly a bit more because of the amount of tokens.

#3 5 years ago

Okay, thanks Jfh!

#4 5 years ago

I was thinking $6500 - $7k as well. Very nice game. btw watching your SC review is the reason I picked up my SC (WH20 and HSII as well). Thank you for all the great reviews.

#5 5 years ago

I'm selling mine for 8k. Domestic with a Chris Hutchins restored playfield, new ramps, all mechs rebuilt as well as underplayfield rails. I have had it listed for a while and have only had trade bites at this point.

Just putting this out there so you know what is on the market and what you can compare the game to.

#6 5 years ago

SC is a tough game to price. Yours looks like it's in great condition, so it should fetch top dollar for a non-restored game. The problem is that it can be a hard game to sell. Despite its rarity, the demand for it isn't as high as one would think. I've seen some very nice ones sit for quite a while before they sell. I guess people just don't realize how damn fun of a game it is. I love mine!

GLWS!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

SC is a tough game to price. Yours looks like it's in great condition, so it should fetch top dollar for a non-restored game. The problem is that it can be a hard game to sell. Despite its rarity, the demand for it isn't as high as one would think. I've seen some very nice ones sit for quite a while before they sell. I guess people just don't realize how damn fun of a game it is. I love mine!
GLWS!

People's ignorance on this title may change as the "A" games lose some collectibility gloss. SC will never be remade.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

SC will never be remade.

That's for sure.

#9 5 years ago

This one was initially listed on PS for $6,000; the ask was later reduced to $5,750:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-safe-cracker

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. And...thanks ChrisVW. I am glad you enjoyed the video and that it helped. It IS a great and unique machine...hard to believe I have owned ot for a decade. Haha.

#11 5 years ago

chris, sell me your bbb! lol. good luck with your potential sale. ant

#12 5 years ago

Ha ha. I hear you ant!
Right now it's just...re-arranging some things and figuring out what I can and cannot keep. The bills have come faster and more furious than I assumed they would.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm selling mine for 8k. Domestic with a Chris Hutchins restored playfield, new ramps, all mechs rebuilt as well as underplayfield rails. I have had it listed for a while and have only had trade bites at this point.
Just putting this out there so you know what is on the market and what you can compare the game to.

It's been on the market for a while now, hasn't it? and there was competition, a just out of box one sold with like 20 plays on it to Tiger a month ago. Asking price was like 10k.

#14 5 years ago

6K tops JMHO

#15 5 years ago

I played one at the Chicago Expo last week. Never played it until then. Had a lot of fun with that machine. I think they were selling a little over 7,000.00

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Right now it's just...re-arranging some things and figuring out what I can and cannot keep. The bills have come faster and more furious than I assumed they would.

Sorry to hear that...seems like you have a personal connection with all your pins. GLWS Chris.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from DayDay:

I played one at the Chicago Expo last week. Never played it until then. Had a lot of fun with that machine. I think they were selling a little over 7,000.00

That one was nice but I think missing the wings? I was under the impression ti did not sell.

#18 5 years ago

One thing to consider on this title is that it's not a full size game, and not everyone is going to be interested come time to sell the game. So the market is limited, but so is the supply of games (around 1,000 games made or so). It's also not a huge amount of replayability and it's a quirky timed-mode game. These are things that I love about it but not everyone's crazy about it like me.

Here's what I would pay:

5k for a stock game without playfield support rails and maybe needs to be shopped. Might be missing wings or Magic Tokens. Cab fade.

6k for a nice example with playfield support rails, wings/topper and slight cab fade

7k for immaculate game.

I have $5k lined up (or my TRON pro, whichever anyone wants) for SafeCracker. Just waiting for my lucky day I guess!

#19 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice.

#20 5 years ago

Sold my Huo sc that was new in box a year and a half ago last month..I was asking 10k I got close to asking

#21 5 years ago

Nice! That one sounds cherry!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It's been on the market for a while now, hasn't it? and there was competition, a just out of box one sold with like 20 plays on it to Tiger a month ago. Asking price was like 10k.

It has been. I'm just ahead of the market.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

just out of box one sold with like 20 plays on it to Tiger a month ago.

Two of those plays were from me before it sold
Nicest Safecracker I've ever played, let alone seen! Congrats Tigerlaw!

#24 5 years ago

6k+ all day.

I traded a super nice HUO w/ 200+ tokens and custom under-pf rails for a very nice TAF with Color DMD and a Mike Chestnut chrome job. Both parties very happy.

#25 5 years ago

I would start at 5,500.00 assuming good condition and go up from there for perks like extra tokens, HUO, etc

#26 5 years ago

I traded my SC out for of course my third Addams family

I traded plus got 2000$ cash

So I feel 6500 - / + is accurate mine had a new ramp under supports coil cover about 100 + tokens wings with protective tape over chrome molding and topper

This was over summer 13

Hope that helps

Love your videos, ever in upstate NY lmk stop over for a round

Peace

#27 5 years ago

Thank TheCnyPinGuy! I'd love to sometime.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I put more then 20 plays on it..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PCB Emporium

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside