Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tonyf1965
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm trying to find out the ballpark for a Road Show in very nice shape (a few minor scuffs on head) My guess is that this pin has gone up quite a bit in the last year, which is the when the last Road Show price check was posted. Sorry but no pics at this point.

#2 5 years ago

With the info given I'd say $2400-$2800.

YMMV

Chris

#3 5 years ago

I bought mine in December for $2600, which I thought was quite fair. playfield and cabinets were in good shape as were all the plastics and toys etc... I think the word is out that this is an undervalued title as it's fun to play for the whole family and has a pretty deep rule set to keep you wanting for more. I tweeked it a bit, put in some leds and added a color DMD. now it feels like a $4000+ machine.

#4 5 years ago

I just saw one of these for sale in the northern part of the state. The guy was asking $2500 for it. Seemed like the playfield was in decent condition but the ramp flaps were rusted, game had some electrical issues and was in dire need of a shop job. While I was still trying to gather information about the game, it was sold. I'm not sure he got his asking price but I'd imagine it was pretty close. Frankly, I think whoever bought it overpaid for it but it's just another example of roughly what this title sold for and the condition it was in.

I'd like to think you could still get a pretty decent condition, fully working RS for around $2500. I own one and think it's a pretty good game.

Dave

#5 5 years ago

2500 to 3k depending on condition and mods seems to be the going rate may find a few in the 2300 2500 ra4 if you're lucky

#6 5 years ago

$2300-2800. Bottom end of that should need some minor tweaking and have slight fish wear or cabinet scuffing. Top end of that should be very very nice. I haven't seen one (other than maybe a restored one) sell over $2800 in recent memory, and they don't move fast over about $2600.

#7 5 years ago

I had one that I sold for 2300 with a 2600 asking. It had a fairly nice playfield with no fish wear and someone did new cabinet decals before I got it. Typical broken ramps entrances but not obvious.

This was mine: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-road-show-fs-in-se-pa#post-2082023

#8 5 years ago

y would you think it went up from last year? Most stuff has been going down from last year, and down from the year before that. The peak of the spike was 3 years ago and downward slide ever since.

#9 5 years ago

I think two years ago at MGC there were 3 or 4 for sale in the $2500 range, not sure if any of them sold, and that was a while ago too.

#10 5 years ago

a while ago is when the prices were stupid high.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

a while ago is when the prices were stupid high.

Yep, I bought mine about 4 years ago for about $1600, sold it for more but wish I didn't I miss that game.

#12 5 years ago

yup, 1400-1600 was the normal before the price spike.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

y would you think it went up from last year? Most stuff has been going down from last year, and down from the year before that. The peak of the spike was 3 years ago and downward slide ever since.

Actually Neo, the entry level B/W games seem to have continueed up in price. The higher end stuff has all taken a hit, but still LOTS of new people to pinball that are looking for their 1st or additional entry level quality game.

I sold my avg condition cab, no fish wear, clean and fully functional RS just a few months back for 2700 (I think, give or take $50). It sold almost instantly to the very first person to contact me and I had atleast 5 other people wanting to buy it if the first guy passed.

This seems to be the case with most B/W 1500-3k games. If they are solid and play well, then there are still LOTS of people buying these games.

#14 5 years ago

Hilton I thought for a minute you were bringing up Fish Tales to Neo......let's not go there.....

Mine had the wear under the fish which was repaired mostly.

I can tell you if I have to pay above $2500 for a RS, I won't be buying a road show again.

#15 5 years ago

I sold one last year at the Ohio show that was gorgeous for 2500.

#16 5 years ago

yea, seems like the lower and middle of the road games have been holding their spike price longer than the higher stuff has. STTNG, DW, RS and what not. Some games havn't gone up much like DM and what not. Maybe not popeye or GI either. But hard to tell as I never see GI's for sale..ever.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, seems like the lower and middle of the road games have been holding their spike price longer than the higher stuff has. STTNG, DW, RS and what not. Some games havn't gone up much like DM and what not. Maybe not Popeye or GI either. But hard to tell as I never see GI's for sale..ever.

actually EVEN games like Popeye have gone up over the past 18months. Not much in the case of popeye, but they have gone up.

DM has gone up. I know as I looked for one for the past year and finally bought one this past weekend after passing on 3 nice ones thinking I would find one cheaper.

I have also found that fewer and fewer of these solid and fun entry level games are found for sale recently. That tells me lots of new people are buying and also holding on to the fun entry level games.

#18 5 years ago

$2500-2800 for a really nice one. I put mine out for trade and had 5-6 people interested, several cash offers for $2600, but ended up keeping it. Not leaving my collection anytime soon.

#19 5 years ago

I'm in the market for one, if anyone looking to sell.

#20 5 years ago

I just sold mine for 2500. The playfield was almost like new on it. Cab was a little faded.

#21 5 years ago

I couldn't sell a very nice example last year inside and out, just missing the shaker motor for 2300. I'm so glad I couldn't! This pin rocks and has that across the board appeal to everyone that has come to play. I'll find a shaker motor eventually cause we're enjoying the hell out of her.

#22 5 years ago

I just bought mine from Don for 2500. The playfield is almost like new on it. Cab is a little faded.

#23 5 years ago

I know a guy who just bought one for 2500. The playfield is almost like new on it. Cab is a little faded.

#24 5 years ago

Is probably sell mine for 2400 nice playfield but faded cab has few mods leds, cliffy, plastic protectors and otger lighting upgrades

#25 5 years ago

Sold mine 6 months ago for $3200 no fish wear, slight fade. Sold on Craigslist!

#26 5 years ago

The 2 I have had in the past paid

1 month later
#27 5 years ago

Prices are climbing for a good one. Good luck to the low ballers, who get the rough ones.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually Neo, the entry level B/W games seem to have continueed up in price. The higher end stuff has all taken a hit, but still LOTS of new people to pinball that are looking for their 1st or additional entry level quality game.

Don't feed the price troll. Again, just point to HIS collection sale. If Neo's selling, is worth a sh!t ton, if he's not, it's because prices are at an all time low and your machine is practically worthless.

This is getting sooooo old Neo...

2 weeks later
#29 5 years ago

here in Australia Roadshow can get up to $4000 and people will buy them, i bought mine 6 years ago for $2800 in good condition everything is more expensive over here

#30 5 years ago

I just sold one for 2400 and had a ton of interest apparently I sld have asked more but It played awesome and had a nice play field with leds, cliffys, plastic protectors and some other stuff but and had a solid but faded cab . Great pin for under 3k definitely one of the best bang for buck pins

2 years later
#31 2 years ago

Guys, I am bumping this since it has been a couple years.

Wondering opinion on price for an average condition, unshopped, a little wear at outhole, fully working.

Thanks!!

1 month later
#32 2 years ago

Maybe 3000.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside