Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JesseB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

what are these going for these days? i see them all over the map...

#2 11 years ago

$2700

#3 11 years ago

1800 if you shop around 2700 if you want it tomorrow

#4 11 years ago

over $2k but under $3k

#5 11 years ago

over $1k but under $4K

#6 11 years ago

Over $0 but under $5k....

Sorry I had to. I have been looking for a RFM and it looks like they go for $2000-$2800 depending on condition.....now I just need to find one!

#7 11 years ago

Solid game looks & Mechanical = $2700-2800.

#8 11 years ago

I paid 2700 for a very nice (near HUO) RFM 2 weeks ago or so. I considered this a good deal.

#9 11 years ago

Yeah that is a pretty good deal. I'd pay $2700 for a minty RFM in a minute.

#10 11 years ago

Mine was HUO, exceptionally nice all the way around, LCD monitor replacement, Cointaker LED's throughout, $3100.

#11 11 years ago

Do you think if it has a Nucore in it, It adds value to the game? I think it should, as they are no longer available.Though on this?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Do you think if it has a Nucore in it, It adds value to the game? I think it should, as they are no longer available.Though on this?

Yes.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

what are these going for these days? i see them all over the map...

I have a follow up question to this one. What are the main things to look for when checking out a RFM? This game is on my short list and I may be on a serious search for one within the next 6 months.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I have a follow up question to this one. What are the main things to look for when checking out a RFM? This game is on my short list and I may be on a serious search for one within the next 6 months.

Good functioning power supply/power supply fan.
Clean motherboard without visible damage.
A center ramp flap that isn't damaged or cracked.

Then typical stuff you'd look for on any other pin, I guess.

#15 11 years ago

I was just wondering if there is anything out of the norm, since I've never seen the inside of a PK2K pin.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I think it adds a little but not a lot. A fully working nice original game should cost almost as much (mainly because the old boards are worth a ton)

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I was just wondering if there is anything out of the norm, since I've never seen the inside of a PK2K pin.

The power supply, motherboard and center ramp are out of the norm.

A noisy/non functioning power supply could have put undue stress on the motherboard. The motherboard can show signs of this stress around the caps. The ramp flap is often damaged or broken, as I understand it.

Check those things specifically, and then check all the other things as a normal pin.

#18 11 years ago

Thanks.

#19 11 years ago

Ramp flap is only $10.00 at marco if its damaged.

#20 11 years ago

Just as important as a good functioning power supply fan would be a quiet, good functioning, CPU fan.
You can hear the P.S. fan & even see it if you pull the back door off, but the CPU fan can be DOA and you won't know it until the game dies !

#21 11 years ago

Missing or broken plastics is important. I bought mine and it was missing a plastic and the ball would go over or under the rubber and be trapped. I bought a partial plastic set and replaced it.

#22 11 years ago

side art near the legs (check for wrinkling)

"stroke of luck" hole wear

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-rfm-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.