Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1250.JPG

#1 11 years ago

Wondering what a good price is. I see one locally for sale for $2700. Sounds a little high. Claims to be working well. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

If playfield is in good shape and it is upgraded to flat panel and nucore then 3K is fair. Anything less and price it accordingly. IMO

1 year later
#3 9 years ago

I'm looking at purchasing a Revenge From Mars. The cabinet and playfield look to be in good shape but it's a home owner that hasn't done any upgrades to it. No lcd monitor, no nucore upgrade, and also they said the machine has been in an arcade. They're asking $2900 which I find to be a bit high but that is what I have you guys for right? They've also stated that these machines go for $3000 to $5000 online but looking at pinballprice.com one hasn't sold over $3900.

#4 9 years ago

$2900 is not too high in this current market if its local to you. There are certainly cheaper ones to be found, but shipping and "actual condition" may vary. Also, there is some added appeal for an original machine that has not been modded to death. The LED and Nucore would only be for machines that needed those "broken" parts replaced. Otherwise I would stick with the original hardware.

I think this is probably a fair price for a machine that is starting to get more of a following. You shouldn't lose any sleep if you are buying it for a home collection and its a title you want. If you are buying to flip it, then you could be waiting a while.

My story is that I bought my non working RFM for $1700 and put about $1000 in replacement cabinet art, playfield parts and some mods to get my machine to where it is today. If I were to sell today I would ask in the low 3k range if I could get it.

Good luck!

#5 9 years ago

I'm not flipping. I definitely want it for my personal collection.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

They've also stated that these machines go for $3000 to $5000 online

I wouldn't want to deal with someone who is giving me such a complete line of bullshit that RFMs are selling for $5k. They aren't. The market is down and there are plenty of deals to be had out there. I would pass on this one. You can can probably get one for a better price than this one (but condition is key).

Btw, you might want to consider starting a new thread. This one is well over a year old. Good luck!

#7 9 years ago

Mine sounds similar to the one you described, and I've given some thought to its value. If I ever sold it, $2800 would be the absolute lowest I would go. They've pretty much all been routed, so if it was an arcade you should consider that a positive (because it wasn't sitting in a room in a smoky bar). Mine has an almost perfect cabinet and the Bill Ung saucer mod.

An LCD display makes an RFM worth less, in my opinion. Would you buy a Galaga or a Pac Man with an LCD display? The CRT looks much better IMHO.

Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

I'm looking at purchasing a Revenge From Mars. The cabinet and playfield look to be in good shape but it's a home owner that hasn't done any upgrades to it. No lcd monitor, no nucore upgrade, and also they said the machine has been in an arcade. They're asking $2900 which I find to be a bit high but that is what I have you guys for right? They've also stated that these machines go for $3000 to $5000 online but looking at pinballprice.com one hasn't sold over $3900.

#8 9 years ago

Although we live too far apart and shipping wouldn't make it a deal for you, just to give you an idea of prices/condition out there I have mine for sale at $2600.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan/page/13#post-2104124

IMG_1250.JPGIMG_1250.JPG
#9 9 years ago

Well, for reference, I am refurbishing one..., That I probably will want around 2300 for.

#10 9 years ago

Just my own experience here FWIW as I've bought and sold three this year...

I think $2800 is going to be absolutely top of the mark.
You can find them in fair condition for $2k all day long. You can find them needing work for under that.
$3k better be all done up, LEDs, clean ramps, playfield, and cabinet.
They might top $3k with nucore sitting inside, but adding an LCD doesn't dramatically drive up the value.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Well, for reference, I am refurbishing one...with LCD display, That I probably will want around 2300 for.

HEY! Don't be selling so cheap!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

If playfield is in good shape and it is upgraded to flat panel and nucore then 3K is fair. Anything less and price it accordingly. IMO

Has anyone priced Nucore replacements recently, now that it's out of production? Add up to $500-700 to a RFM with a Nucore system, $3000-3200 with a good PF. Add another $100-200 for a LCD screen replacement.

Quoted from NJGecko:

You can find them in fair condition for $2k all day long.

I beg to differ with you here; the RFMs that you have purchased for $2K were probably not in fully functioning or even "fair" condition. For $2K, they all probably needed some work. What were the sale prices for the RFMs that you restored? That's more indicative of the RFM price point.

The current market price for a "fair" to "good", functioning RFM is $2500-2700. The 2014 Price Guide listed it as $2900, but that was in an rising 2013 market, we seem to be in a slightly overall downward market right now. Bally/Williams produced 7,100 units.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 9 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Has anyone priced Nucore replacements recently, now that it's out of production? Add up to $500-700 to a RFM with a Nucore system, $3000-3200 with a good PF. Add another $100-200 for a LCD screen replacement.

I beg to differ with you here; the RFMs that you have purchased for $2K were probably not in fully functioning or even "fair" condition. For $2K, they all probably needed some work. What were the sale prices for the RFMs that you restored? That's more indicative of the RFM price point.
The current market price for a "fair" to "good", functioning RFM is $2500-2700. The 2014 Price Guide listed it as $2900, but that was in an rising 2013 market, we seem to be in a slightly overall downward market right now. Bally/Williams produced 7,100 units.

The ones I sold all were well under $3k when done.
In fact, the last one, with a nice playfield and a brand new LCD conversion, was around $2500. The one before that, which I got for well south of $2k, I reworked the computer, got a NOS sheet of glass, and did LEDs and it went for around the same. So that's what I base my price on. The ones I sell have been going for right around there, fully done, nice condition, microswitches replaced, and ready to rock and roll. The only one that sold for less was one that I sold to another pinsider before I even had a chance to touch it, so it was unshopped, but an almost perfect playfield. That went for pretty much around $2k.

So my price is based on my firsthand selling prices. Not what I paid for them since I bought most in nonworking condition. They don't command a ton of money. That's just the reality. I know of a local warehouse where they half a dozen of these things nonworking that they are almost ready to pay people to take away

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Well, for reference, I am refurbishing one...with LCD display, That I probably will want around 2300 for.

Let me know when you are ready to sell,or want to just dump it before it is done. I look to be buying around jan sometime and you are within driving distance.

#15 9 years ago

I have a nice one for sale, I dropped it to 2600, still has monitor, but video amp installed and all non ghosting led lights. Nice cabinet, a few dings here and there, but all shopped and computer rebuilt by rob Anthony... had lots of bites on it, but not sold yet. Located in Milford MA

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

we seem to be in a slightly overall downward market right now

Huh? It just hit 18,000!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I know of a local warehouse where they half a dozen of these things nonworking that they are almost ready to pay people to take away

Well hook me up! Haha if the cabinet and playfield are in good shape I don't mind putting a little elbow grease into the rest of it. I'm just a terrible painter.

Quoted from sammiesguys:

I wouldn't want to deal with someone who is giving me such a complete line of bullshit that RFMs are selling for $5k.

I totally agree! I just offered a lady $700 for a tore up Fish Tales. Cabinet peeling, playfield in decent condition,the pin itself not working at all. She got mad at me, told me where to stick it because they sell for $3000 online. She wouldn't take less than $2400. The information age is awesome but sucks at the same time.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I know of a local warehouse where they half a dozen of these things nonworking that they are almost ready to pay people to take away

yeah? i am within driving distance and would love a project pin2000.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

HEY! Don't be selling so cheap!

That was a joke guys, because I have mine for sale, get it?

Happy Holidays!

#20 9 years ago

Anyone with a NJGecko priced (2k area) RFM in GA, let me know!

#21 9 years ago

Dropped mine to 2400.. if it does not sell at 2400 oh well, it stays

#22 9 years ago

I sold my RFM within the last three weeks for $2,400 - I was asking $2,600. $2,400 was my bottom price.

#23 9 years ago

That seems to be the magic number...we will see

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Anyone with a NJGecko priced (2k area) RFM in GA, let me know!

Mine's not a project, so it's a little more. You know where to find me.

1 week later
#25 9 years ago

FYI, being the original poster. I purchased this RFM a year ago for $2300. It's a great machine and it's usually a favorite for people who come over and are not that into pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-revenge-from-mars-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.