GEN 2 decals dry applied
LED throughout
serviced all boards
Flipper Fidelity LED backbox illumination and speaker kit
cointaker premium LED everywhere
PDI hard chrome side raids/hinges/coin door
Chrome plated power box and inside cabinet leg brackets/adapter cover
RED pinbits DMD cover

Will be listing soon after a few small clean ups/new rubbers to get it looking pristine again

#2 10 years ago

A few teaser photos of machine during restoration.4025.jpg4025.jpg3992.jpg3992.jpg4038.jpg4038.jpg4030.jpg4030.jpg4024.jpg4024.jpg4017.jpg4017.jpg4016.jpg4016.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Gorgeous game. $11,000-$11,500 all day long.

#4 10 years ago

Holy beautiful MB!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

Gorgeous game. $11,000-$11,500 all day long.

Until PPS announces the MB Remakes..........

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

I assume you are kidding with the winking smiley, but Ill say this anyway to stop the fools that will try to ruin this thread with "remake" comments...

If anyone thinks a PPS "replica" of any game will look like this I think you will sadly disappointed. PPS is interested in selling you the cheapest thing for the most money, not give you a beautiful, detailed restoration, collector quality game such as this.

More chrome on this thing than a '57 chevy!!

pbinthesouth... beautiful game!! GLWTS!

#7 10 years ago

Sorry.... its official.... all B/W A-list pins are now not worth over 8k... The people have spoken!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

If anyone thinks a PPS "replica" of any game will look like this I think you will sadly disappointed. PPS is interested in selling you the cheapest thing for the most money, not give you a beautiful, detailed restoration, collector quality game such as this.

I don't agree with this at all and I think the games will be beautiful. That said, we will see what this MB goes for when put up for sale.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Funny, I know Ted doesn't agree, but I happen to be in agreement with this. The PPS games will no doubt be nice, REALLY nice, but a full restore is always better if done properly. You take a NIB machine, open it, check it out. It's going to look nice. Darn nice. But I guarantee you...ship that machine off to HEP, they will tear it down, detail the snot out of it and it will be better than new!

#10 10 years ago

GOOD LORD THIS IS STUNNING!!! Fantastic work!!!! Good luck w....Oh wait, you won't need it.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I assume you are kidding with the winking smiley, but Ill say this anyway to stop the fools that will try to ruin this thread with "remake" comments...
More chrome on this thing than a '57 chevy!!
pbinthesouth... beautiful game!! GLWTS!

Yes, I was kidding so please don't get wound up too tightly. The game the OP has for sale is very nice indeed.

I hope to own a MB one day soon...original or remake.

To me this is a hobby, not an investment and my games get played. Remember, it's pinball, so its all good!

#12 10 years ago

GLWTS , really great looking MB

this should fetch top dollar

#13 10 years ago

Giving me ideas for mine...

Top-notch looking machine...should be north of $11k easily! Probably $12k if you're willing to wait for it!

#14 10 years ago

GLWS - that's a very nice looking machine.

Ultimately, only you can decide what to list it for. I wouldn't give it away though if I were you, be patient. I think a lot of people are all worked up over the MM remakes, thinking PPS is going to reproduce every “A” title Bally/Williams machine. Let’s see how they feel after waiting a year for their MMs. I'm sure a ton of people will back out before then. Most consumers want instant gratification – gotta get it now….. Once the MM remake hype dies down and the inevitable “WOZ/BBB” like delays kick in it will be business as usual.

High end restored games sell, it just takes time.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Darn nice. But I guarantee you...ship that machine off to HEP, they will tear it down, detail the snot out of it and it will be better than new!

As you know, i'm willing to learn. I just thought New was IT. If you have a brand new machine, what can you do to make it THAT much better except adding extra clearcoat?

#16 10 years ago

This is one of my favorite machine and this restoration looks awesome.

Too rich for my blood, so unless I get the deal of a lifetime or a Huo if they do a remake I don't think I will have this game in my basemen.

#17 10 years ago

gorgeous machine. i'd love to rent it for a while without the risk of it losing $5K value overnight so i can't make an offer. I really like me some monster bash but it's a different world out there now.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Which will be two to three years away before u would see one if that is game two

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Which will be two to three years away

we have no idea if they have their production capabilities are. They could announce a new game every three months.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As you know, i'm willing to learn. I just thought New was IT. If you have a brand new machine, what can you do to make it THAT much better except adding extra clearcoat?

Ted...let's talk buddy

Seriously, they can do a lot. Yes, extra clear, but they can also plate/chrome trim, they go through and polish every nut and bolt, make sure everything is properly aligned, correct any imperfections anywhere...polish things beyond the factory...I dunno everything that HEP does, but they do it well

#21 10 years ago

That is a UNBELIEVABLE LOOKING MB !!! HOLY SH** !!! What is it worth ? What someone will pay....LOL !!!

Personally, now is not the time to sell it in my opinion due to the uncertainty in regard to prices due to the re-makes. You will probably receive less due to the fear if you were to sell it today...but who knows.

It was a $12K machine before all of this and STILL MIGHT BE.....however, for right now I doubt anyone steps up and shells out $12K. Well, anyone that is afraid of losing money (some aren't and if they want a beautiful MB the $12K might be "chump change" to them). Hey, lets be honest to most of us a couple of hundred is "chump change" so to many people a few thousand is the same so you might find a buyer who just wants a BEAUTIFUL MB and gladly shells out $12K in a NY MINUTE.

Lets face it most of us on here would shell out $6K for that game in a NY MINUTE even if someone told us we couldn't sell it for 10 years.....I know I would....not to say it is worth $6K (definitely worth a lot more) but to me at that price it would be a "no brainer" so there are probably really wealthy people that $10K-$12K is a "no brainer" for a beautiful MB like you own. Again, we all sometimes forget this hobby crosses many classes of wealth. So he might get over $12K since it is a "one of a kind" MB and someone might pay up for it (not everyone worries about every hundred or thousand dollars they spend because it is immaterial to some).

Bottomline.....Price it at what "motivates you to sell" is what I always tell people. If $12K motivates you and you get it then sell it. If for some reason nobody wants to offer you over $10K then keep it. That is what I always do with anything I sell....

GOOD LUCK REGARDLESS......I am more curious as so many of us are to see if the buyers "shy away" from pins over $10K with the re-makes coming out. I was never a buyer at these prices anyway and don't plan to ever be going forward as I feel $6K is plenty for me to spend on any pin....but that is me.....for some that number is $2K and for some it is $15K or $20K !!! Everyone has their own pinball budget based on what they are comfortable with.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

we have no idea if they have their production capabilities are. They could announce a new game every three months.

They are pushing standards out late 2014 if there's no hold ups. There will be, anyway even if they did mb next see u in 2015

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Sorry.... its official.... all B/W A-list pins are now not worth over 8k... The people have spoken!

KP: that may be your opinion TODAY, but essentially no games have traded hands to draw any kind of conclusion yet (based on conjecture).

What's more, look at the example WOZLE from its intro price of $6,500:

Even with the prospect of unlimited standards, WOZLE's are selling for around $8,800 (per the NIB on Ebay last week).

Additionally, if indeed all 1000 MMRLEs sold out in two days, Planetary priced the game too cheap--meaning no guarantee MBRs, AFMRs, & CCRs will be offered at $8,000 vs. 9K or higher.

Point being: it's just too early to know--but time will certainly tell.

Then there's the whole original WMS vs. remake debate--but that's a whole other discussion.

My 2 cents.

#24 10 years ago

It will be years, if ever, that they redo MB. It's a complicated playfield with lots of licensed toys. The frank mech. The drac mech. This is no easy redo. Phantom flip also.

I doubt this will be redone.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

TC restored MB 100% working about 5 months old
CC pf
GEN 2 decals dry applied
LED throughout
serviced all boards
Flipper Fidelity LED backbox illumination and speaker kit
cointaker premium LED everywhere
PDI hard chrome side raids/hinges/coin door
Chrome plated power box and inside cabinet leg brackets/adapter cover
RED pinbits DMD cover
Will be listing soon after a few small clean ups/new rubbers to get it looking pristine again

I've always thought that your MB was gorgeous. I sold the MB that I restored about 2 months ago for 12k and I don't see why yours wouldn't go for the same. Find your buyer who will appreciate the game and the value.

Best of luck!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

They are pushing standards out late 2014 if there's no hold ups. There will be, anyway even if they did mb next see u in 2015

What if the "hold up" is that they are waiting for parts for MM builds and they already have parts for a different game on hand? I'm just playing devils advocate, here. Anyhow, i think they would want to strike while the iron is hot and get as many games out of the way as possible before the hobby implodes. Stern can make multiple runs, who says Chicago Coin can't?

#27 10 years ago

$3k TOPS... Now with that said, I assume you'll take a check?

(PHENOMENAL looking machine, BTW)

#28 10 years ago

I say $13k to me

#29 10 years ago

This is $13000-$13,500 all day long. PPS will never remake MB... plus this is a restored original gem not a throw away remake.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

What if the "hold up" is that they are waiting for parts for MM builds and they already have parts for a different game on hand? I'm just playing devils advocate, here. Anyhow, i think they would want to strike while the iron is hot and get as many games out of the way as possible before the hobby implodes. Stern can make multiple runs, who says Chicago Coin can't?

U can play that card all day long... Look at jack, jpop, skit b.... Time lines get pushed, costs increase... Yadada yadada...having seen into what it takes and the obsticales Jjp jumped through I expect delays. With that said if Rick says he's making them I firmly believe he will just setting time tables bites everyone in the ass!!!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This is $13000-$13,500 all day long. PPS will never remake MB... plus this is a restored original gem not a throw away remake.

I agree and that's one of the ones I sold tc so I remember how it looked before.
Maybe ill list my Huo mb for $11k

#32 10 years ago

Great looking machine.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

U can play that card all day long... Look at jack, jpop, skit b.

please. the guys/gals making these games have actually done this before. Comparing skit b to chicago coin? You do realize this is the company that made the originals? I can't speak to how many of those employees worked there back in the day, but i assume the critical people to get this up and running are in place or will be soon.

I have no horse in this race. There's no way the OP is naive enough to sell me his monster bash for what i'm willing to pay. It is gorgeous, however.

NO offense meant.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Whew I wish that!
Thanks to everyone on the suggestions and complements. Will be for sale soon after a good pf polish and general clean up for uptodate photos... plus I still want to play a few more games before letting it go...

#36 10 years ago

boo. not even if they annouce new ones for $5995 available tomorrow. I know it's a joke.

#37 10 years ago

Well, let's follow this Thread and find out what it finally sells for.

#38 10 years ago

i just googled driving distance to little rock

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

It will be years, if ever, that they redo MB. It's a complicated playfield with lots of licensed toys. The frank mech. The drac mech. This is no easy redo. Phantom flip also.
I doubt this will be redone.

I suspect this is a common misconception. The Universal Monsters licenses are fairly easy to get and may already be part of the WMS license that PPS has.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I couldn't agree more on price. It all comes down to whether you want a restored original or a bastard stepchild. If you're a player, buy the stepchild. If you're more a collector/player, buy an original.

#41 10 years ago

Yes, that's the MSRP of reproductions.

But there isn't a hobby on Earth that I'm aware of where the value of a new reproduction--or ceaseless continued production by the OEM: IE. Colt Firearms/Gibson Guitars--is even equal to the value of an exceptional original example.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Yes, that's the MSRP of reproductions.
But there isn't a hobby on Earth that I'm aware of where the value of a new reproduction--or ceaseless continued production by the OEM: IE. Colt Firearms/Gibson Guitars--is even equal to the value of an exceptional original example.

Dave understood.

Quoted from davewtf:

I know it's a joke.

Some of you guys don't need pinball. Some of you guys need Xanax.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Some of you guys don't need pinball. Some of you guys need Xanax.

And some guys need to learn it's not polite to crap on a guy's FS thread with personal agendas--better to start your own thread discussing your views.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

And some guys need to learn it's not polite to crap on a guy's FS thread with personal agendas--better to start your own thread discussing your views.

And there should be peace in the Middle East.

Quoted from NM:

And some guys need to learn it's not polite to crap on a guy's FS thread

It's NOT a for sale thread. It's a "price check" thread.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's NOT a for sale thread. It's a "price check" thread.

True, my mistake--also didn't realize it was a joke till later: my apology.

Quoted from eggbert52:

And there should be peace in the Middle East.

Good wish...hopefully one day on Pinside too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 12.95
$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-restored-mb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.